masterfrog

UNLV Needs to Hire Danny Morrison

Former TCU AD Danny Morrison resigned as President of the Carolina Panthers yesterday.  He says he would like to move back to college athletics to end his career.  He did a great job in both athletics and fundraising at TCU.  He would be the best AD that UNLV ever had.  Someone in Las Vegas needs to make that happen.  He could get everything set up for success at a school that really needs the help.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, masterfrog said:

Former TCU AD Danny Morrison resigned as President of the Carolina Panthers yesterday.  He says he would like to move back to college athletics to end his career.  He did a great job in both athletics and fundraising at TCU.  He would be the best AD that UNLV ever had.  Someone in Las Vegas needs to make that happen.  He could get everything set up for success at a school that really needs the help.

Not sure I've ever agreed with anything you've posted. Here's to firsts. Good rexommendation. 

3 hours ago, masterfrog said:

sadly, if it is up to livengood/jessup it is not likely to happen. they can't get out of their own way, and plus, livengood can't let himself get shown up like that.

that's assuming that IS his search firm that unlv hired. i know there was somebody here last weekend to check out unlv, we can only hope livengood is nowhere near the hire.

Guest RoscoesDad
48 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

sadly, if it is up to livengood/jessup it is not likely to happen. they can't get out of their own way, and plus, livengood can't let himself get shown up like that.

that's assuming that IS his search firm that unlv hired. i know there was somebody here last weekend to check out unlv, we can only hope livengood is nowhere near the hire.

Yes Livengood's search firm is the one they hired.  He's like Jason from Friday the 13th.  

Guest RoscoesDad
20 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

then they'll probably be stupid enough to make Kreigh the AD. :(

It would not surprise me in the least if 'must re-hire Dave Rice' is included in the job description.

We should have just hired Stallworth when we hired Livengood.  I am fairly certain he would have made better hires in FB & BB and this mess could have been avoided.

Graney see's it too.  

"Given this is the most important hire he will make as UNLV president and transferring oversight of those facilities back to athletics is the most important change that needs to occur, here’s hoping he gets past the foolishness of some potential names (friends of friends) being floated as candidates."  

-  http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/columns/ed-graney/len-jessup-must-give-control-thomas-mack-new-ad

The foolishness keeps rolling at UNLV.  The so called search looking at "friends of friends".  I'm so tired of this crap.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

Graney see's it too.  

"Given this is the most important hire he will make as UNLV president and transferring oversight of those facilities back to athletics is the most important change that needs to occur, here’s hoping he gets past the foolishness of some potential names (friends of friends) being floated as candidates."  

-  http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/columns/ed-graney/len-jessup-must-give-control-thomas-mack-new-ad

The foolishness keeps rolling at UNLV.  The so called search looking at "friends of friends".  I'm so tired of this crap.  

This couldn't be more depressing. We are never going to get rid of livengood.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:12 AM, masterfrog said:

This would be an outstanding hire. I'd be shocked if it happens for the reasons stated above. UNLV is all talk and no action when it comes to being "big time."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

This would be an outstanding hire. I'd be shocked if it happens for the reasons stated above. UNLV is all talk and no action when it comes to being "big time."

Somebody needs to get in Jessup's ear. Like yesterday.