RamSack

Drive-By Video of CSU's New Stadium

I'm sure the plans are in place but how are you gonna deal with all the extra gameday traffic and cars? Will there be a large park and ride system to get people in and out of the campus area and is there going to be a tailgating area?  

Edit: It looks awesome...I might have to visit before the Pokes do in 2018. Scouting the opponents beer garden, for research purposes only of course. 

Guest Dr. Dre
4 minutes ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

I'm sure the plans are in place but how are you gonna deal with all the extra gameday traffic and cars? Will there be a large park and ride system to get people in and out of the campus area and is there going to be a tailgating area? 

I still don't get the "where is everyone gonna park/tailgate" people. Have you ever been to a game other than LAMErme?

4 minutes ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

It's going to be kind of ugly until folks figure where they are supposed to go, etc.  There is a traffic plan that takes advantage of the ability to approach campus from four directions instead of the two options we had at Hughes.  That part shouldn't be too bad by the third game or so.  Parking is another story altogether, that is going to take some training of the attendees.  On any given Saturday we've always had more open parking spaces on campus than what was available at Hughes.  People are just going to have to learn where the good ones are, and how to get to them.  There are also two park and ride options.  The first being MAXX which is a bus(ses) that goes back and forth from the north end of town to the south.  One route, back and forth, and goes through the east edge of campus leaving about a 1/4 mile hike to the stadium - pretty easy walk.  Can park all along the route and get into campus pretty easy.  South of campus there is a large chunk of university property where they will have dedicated game day parking and a shuttle service. 

Tailgating?  Some high end stuff if you want to pay for that, but to me tailgating has always meant opening up my tailgate wherever I'm parked and lighting a grill.

1 minute ago, Dr. Dre said:

I still don't get the "where is everyone gonna park/tailgate" people. Have you ever been to a game other than LAMErme?

I've been to 8 SEC stadiums, 3 big ten stadiums, 5 MWC stadiums and parking is a shitshow for a lot of them. 50 bucks to park on some guys lawn. UT in Knoxville is the worst, the stadium is surrounded by the river on three sides and getting out can take 3-4 hours. I like to tailgate and most of the best game days have a place for fans to gather and socialize. 

• Like 1

Guest Dr. Dre
17 minutes ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

I've been to 8 SEC stadiums, 3 big ten stadiums, 5 MWC stadiums and parking is a shitshow for a lot of them. 50 bucks to park on some guys lawn. UT in Knoxville is the worst, the stadium is surrounded by the river on three sides and getting out can take 3-4 hours. I like to tailgate and most of the best game days have a place for fans to gather and socialize. 

Ok. Doesn't matter what the price is. You're there you're gonna pay it. Deal. Do me a favor, google map Sanford Stadium. Tell me what's around a 90k stadium? Other than a cemetery. Think tailgating is a problem at Georgia? That's the beauty of an OCS. It incorporates the whole campus. CSU will figure it out. Gimme a break

So YOU'RE the distracted driver that almost sideswiped me... DAMN YOU... put the cell phone away when you're driving! :angry:

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

58 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

So YOU'RE the distracted driver that almost sideswiped me... DAMN YOU... put the cell phone away when you're driving! :angry:

It wasn't me although I do a drive-by every 1-2 weeks.  Someone on Ramnation posted it.  I just copied the link.

1 hour ago, RamSack said:

It wasn't me although I do a drive-by every 1-2 weeks.  Someone on Ramnation posted it.  I just copied the link.

Whew, that's good then. I know our poster here know better than to drive while fimimg... they use voice to text like I do when I drive lol!

But it's taking shape and looking good! Question though? Is the new stadium being built near residential housing, or is that campus housing I see in the vid? 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

7 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

But it's taking shape and looking good! Question though? Is the new stadium being built near residential housing, or is that campus housing I see in the vid? 

South of the stadium (where the video starts) is a mix of residential, student housing, and churches.

Directly north of the stadium (Pitkin Street in the video) are student dorms. The very last road he's driving on (Meridian) will eventually be a pedestrian plaza as the university pushes all auto traffic to the outside of campus. I have no idea when that will actually happen.

Directly west of the stadium will be the new football practice fields and the existing arboretum. This is currently under construction and will be ready for fall camp:

practice-fields-rendering.jpg

Directly east of the stadium is a current and future building. Currently there is the Visual Arts building and they're building the Richardson Design Center, which will be done in 2019. The founders of Otterbox paid for this one:

Design_870-e1476198351141.jpg

• Like 1