Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

So what's the schedule this year?

Troll Derby in April/May following the NCAA tournament?
Coastie in late June into July?
Pick 8 starting in Late July into August? 

I'm too lazy to go search for what we've done the last few years. 

Troll Derby will start in May.  

Coastie will start in June 

Pick 8 will start first week of July with sign ups

Expansion talk will start right after the NCAA tournament, carry us through the offseason.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

27 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Troll Derby will start in May.  

Coastie will start in June 

Pick 8 will start first week of July with sign ups

Expansion talk will start right after the NCAA tournament, carry us through the offseason.  

Well played good sir, well played indeed. 

We should have a calendar of events section. 

Just now, retrofade said:

Well played good sir, well played indeed. 

We should have a calendar of events section. 

We do have a calendar built into the forum.  I could add the events and games as well. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Oh wow, I never noticed that before. It'd actually be pretty cool if the main sports and our forum events could be added into there.

I can add the games in the offseason.  I'll try to add the other events this week. 

19 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm really hoping to be the first person to win the Troll Derby and the Coastie in the same year. 

You're not trolling hard enough.  But your temp ban (although reversed) does give you some street cred. I would recommend making a late push for the Derby.  Like the Oscars, if you some good content that comes out late in the year you're more likely to win. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Drink bleach you ass spelunker! 

But bleach tastes good?  Is that an insult?  I also am an expert spelunker of ass :shrug:

44 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Maybe it could just be changed to the "dumbass derby". Hilarity would ensue as the partisan rancor would rear its head in a gory fight to the death. Kind of a Roman Colosseum marathon blood orgy of gratuitous insults. 

That would work.. With the WAC dying off there just isn't many posters you could consider trolls imo. AAC fans don't come over often enough and the ones that do are ok.

1 hour ago, BacksThePack said:

Can we get event descriptions for the uninitiated? Or is not knowing half the fun?

@UNLVFan90 can explain Pick 8

2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

I feel like the troll derby should be  retired.. There isn't a single poster on this board worthy of the award.

I asked last year about retiring it and people voted overwhelmingly to keep it.

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Maybe it could just be changed to the "dumbass derby". Hilarity would ensue as the partisan rancor would rear its head in a gory fight to the death. Kind of a Roman Colosseum marathon blood orgy of gratuitous insults. 

Maybe we should just imply it's the biggest dumbass?  Although, I'm not sure I want to encourage certain posters to be more of a dumbass than they already are.

21 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

In a contained space the epic levels of dumbassery would border on an e-bacchanalia. 

(Looks up bacchanalia)

Yes that's correct.

At this point the Troll Derby is accepted to be something different than it was at its inception. No sense in changing the name, we just need to accept that it has shifted from being about trolling and more into who is the biggest +++++ing idiot around here. That being said, we've still had some actual troll winners in recent memory, and not idiots. 

6 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

There used to be a large field, all very deserving(myself included). It really meant something back then, and the carnage was so much worse. 

Theres a few dumbass posters here and there.. But I don't think any poster today would make the top 32 cut from 5 years ago.

I think there are still a few who would have made it in. Tools and Convert are still around, and would still be deserving of consideration today. 

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

I think there are still a few who would have made it in. Tools and Convert are still around, and would still be deserving of consideration today. 

Tools hardly posts on this side of the board anymore.. I don't see a bluerules10 coming along. Convert says some dumbass things but I wouldn't say he's a troll. 

Id say only the small handful of Fresno fans that are obsessed with San Jose are really trolls. And pretty tame at that.