crixus

High School Player Scores 92

the 3 'ball' boys have all committed to ucla. alford made a deal with the devil, but his price to pay is dealing with their dad. makes a certain rebel recruit's mom look like mother theresa. it will probably be worth it to him though, lonzo (and tj) saved his job.

36 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

the 3 'ball' boys have all committed to ucla. alford made a deal with the devil, but his price to pay is dealing with their dad. makes a certain rebel recruit's mom look like mother theresa. it will probably be worth it to him though, lonzo (and tj) saved his job.

Alford's son is pretty good too. UCLA has made major improvements this season compared to last. I saw them get smoked by USC at the Pac 12 tournament in Las Vegas last March. Bruins fans were calling for Coach Alford's head as well as his job. That has obviously motivated him and the team, they're #10 and 21-3.

• Like 1

92 pts is definitely impressive, but damn he must have gotten at least 60 of those points by cherry picking.  He played no defense, and very rarely crossed half court when the other team had the ball.  Kid can ball though.  Impressive offensive scorer.

There was a high school kid named Danny Heater in West Virginia who scored 135 points in a game. And he did it in 1960 before the three point shot was added. Now that's really impressive! B)

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-night-danny-heater-scored-135-points-in-a-high-school-basketball-game

Guest RoscoesDad

The kid took 61 shots in a blowout.  Sounds like he had guys on his team passing out of layups and easy shots just so he could score.  He also took like every shot in an entire quarter.  I mean I get it you have a stud and want to get him off but yeah there's a line with that.  When I was in hs we had a dick coach named butch hawking at Simi Valley who would keep Don McLean in routes late in games so he could roll up 50 or 60 prints against crummy programs.  It's just poor form imo 

35 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

The kid took 61 shots in a blowout.  Sounds like he had guys on his team passing out of layups and easy shots just so he could score.  He also took like every shot in an entire quarter.  I mean I get it you have a stud and want to get him off but yeah there's a line with that.  When I was in hs we had a dick coach named butch hawking at Simi Valley who would keep Don McLean in routes late in games so he could roll up 50 or 60 prints against crummy programs.  It's just poor form imo 

On our high school team we had a guy named Curtis who was much like an enforcer in hockey. He would foul out in under two minutes. This 92 point kid would have been on a stretcher before he would have got past 50. 

• Like 1