Guest #1Stunner

State of California bans travel for College teams to certain states

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

This might come as a surprise Stunner, but to most of us this is not a religious issue.  It's a social issue.

IMO opinion this is a ridiculous decision.  While LGBT's may not be granted additional, special rights in some states I haven't seen any laws that deny them the same constitutional rights I enjoy.  Just California being California.

I was calling it a religious issue because that is how Kansas framed their law (which is the basis of the California travel ban).

I think religious freedom / protection (that's what they are calling it) is the basis behind these so-called ANTI-LGBT laws.

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Read up on North Carolina's HB2 law. It removed protections from the LGBT community and allows for discrimination based on sexual orientation. The "bathroom bill" part of it was made into the most important thing, but it was a smokescreen to legalize discrimination. 

I haven't read the bill.

In what circumstances does it allow for LGBT discrimination?  Specified, or just general?

13 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Read up on North Carolina's HB2 law. It removed protections from the LGBT community and allows for discrimination based on sexual orientation. The "bathroom bill" part of it was made into the most important thing, but it was a smokescreen to legalize discrimination. 

I have and I interpret it a little differently than you do.  That's just gonna' happen when two people start from two different viewpoints.  I personally don't have any bias against any human being based on their sexual or gender orientation.  I just apparently see the constitution in a slightly different light than you do.

More relevant issues as they pertain to this board are...

1. Whether or not California's decision is legal

and 2. Whether teams in the MWC can sue based on being harmed by the decision.  A much more compelling issue if Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado or New Mexico were ever to pass a law denying special protections to LGBT individuals.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Human Fundamental Rights (as defined by the government / constitution / courts) > Religious Rights (ensured by the government).

Constitutional Right A > Constitutional Right B

a6d9c47f27660d2505e81ce685ed91d3.jpg

Religious People = "not reasonable people"

I'm sorry, but a Christian refusing service to a gay person because of "religious freedom" is the equivalent of me kicking all the conservative students out of my classroom. LGBT rights are human rights and, yes, human rights trump religious freedom. If your religious practice harms others, you have to stop. 

Id like to try an experiment where I reinstitute an ancient religion that required human sacrificez to the gods. When I get arrested for murder, I'll claim religious freedom.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I'm sorry, but a Christian refusing service to a gay person because of "religious freedom" is the equivalent of me kicking all the conservative students out of my classroom. LGBT rights are human rights and, yes, human rights trump religious freedom. If your religious practice harms others, you have to stop. 

Id like to try an experiment where I reinstitute an ancient religion that required human sacrificez to the gods. When I get arrested for murder, I'll claim religious freedom.

Like Honor Killings?  http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/09/honor-killings-united-nations-pakistan/85642786/

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

you are Aztec obsessed, lol!

Nice interests btw, you're super classy

I am.  I fully admit this.  

Love the Aztecs.  I'm a FANATIC!

9 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

No, it's not. A business is privately owned and people can choose to purchase from them or someone else. No one is "entitled" to any particular private business's goods and services.

Isn't religious freedom a human right?

• Like 1

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

I am.  I fully admit this.  

Love the Aztecs.  I'm a FANATIC!

Hey you need to call your administration and tell them to schedule Nevada again. We need an easy road victory in the future. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

No, it's not. A business is privately owned and people can choose to purchase from them or someone else. No one is "entitled" to any particular private business's goods and services.

Isn't religious freedom a human right?

Yep. Exactly this. I fail to see how buying a wedding cake from a private enterprise is a human right.

• Like 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Religious People = "not reasonable".

Let's delve deeper.....

The law in Kansas says that a college club (let's say a Christian club) can discriminate and prohibit membership of applicants that don't agree to their tenants or standards. So, say a Christian club can prevent the following groups of people from joining: (1) Mormons; (2) LGBT.  They believe that both are heathens (under their Kansas Christian religion).

Now, it seems like the club is violating Californias "all comers" non-discrimination policy, passed in 2014.  That's "harm" to Mormons and LGBT!

Of course, we don't care about the Mormons (not humans?), we care about the LGBT (humans, with human rights), cause that's trait you are born with.....errrr is now fluid and subject to change.

The Kansas law empowers religious groups to "harm others" (in my example, Mormons and LGBT), and so, let's cancel the athletics games!  CULTURE WAR ON!!!  There is no room for disagreement with a law that does harm to LGBT and Mormons.

Guest #1Stunner
27 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Hey you need to call your administration and tell them to schedule Nevada again. We need an easy road victory in the future. 

Sir, I love scheduling MWC schools.  But Nevada gives me pause.  You guys always humiliate us both home and away.  The short coach dominated us.

What the Hell, let's go do it.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, kalua pig said:

provo should be on that list too.all that wife beating that goes on there.

Are you calling on California to institute a travel ban on the State of Utah?

The PAC!2 would have to kick out Utah and add SDSU if that happened.