fbpack

UNLV @ Nevada

21 minutes ago, LakersGM1 said:

What pissed me off and now makes me hate Musselman is that instead of coaching his team or paying any attention to the game, he had his back to the court acting like a rally monkey as if his team was beating a #1 team in the nation. If I am Menzies I record that shit for future games. 

"Instead of coaching his team or paying any attention to the game" Lol. It's not like he did it the whole game. He wanted the crowd to get loud so he took a moment to try to pump them up. Does it every home game, or at least a large majority of them.

48 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

Congrats to Reno.  Played their best game of the season against the last place team in the MWC.  As for the sweet 16 talk.....come on now.  Didn't this team just the other night only score 57 pts in a loss?  They beat easily the worst UNLV team in 20 years by 27 pts.  That's what the first place team should do to the last place team, but sweet 16?  They should just worry about winning the MWT because we all know this is a one bid league.

Actually it wasn't their best game of the season but thanks for the slight dig.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LakersGM1 said:

What pissed me off and now makes me hate Musselman is that instead of coaching his team or paying any attention to the game, he had his back to the court acting like a rally monkey as if his team was beating a #1 team in the nation. If I am Menzies I record that shit for future games. 

He loves the atmosphere and wants it electric the whole time. Cry some more.

29 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

What a dweeb. I can't wait to see him as Reno's HC. He would fit in perfectly. 

Funny how dismissively you speak about alumni and someone universally viewed as a good person.

• Like 1

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

22 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

Yeah, amateur hour for a HC.  I saw that and cringed.  Total Leon Rice move. 

Stay mad.  Here's another image from last year's CBI championship win.

Wolf%20Pack%20Celebrates%20CBI%20Victory

• Like 2

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

I'm probably going to take shit for this, but their offense is much better this year due to Dave Rice.  If he doesn't get the head coaching spot when Musselman leaves after this year, I believe he will follow Musselman to his next stop.

I see no reason why the addiction of Rice wouldn't have a positive effect on the offense. He knows basketball quite well.  A lack of basketball knowledge is not why he stumbled as a head coach. 

The addition of Marshall and Caroline plus the developed shooting of Oliver and Fenner, especially has been huge for the offense. 

Team has taken a few steps back defensively compared to last year. 

1 hour ago, Poster17 said:

Congrats to Reno.  Played their best game of the season against the last place team in the MWC.  As for the sweet 16 talk.....come on now.  Didn't this team just the other night only score 57 pts in a loss?  They beat easily the worst UNLV team in 20 years by 27 pts.  That's what the first place team should do to the last place team, but sweet 16?  They should just worry about winning the MWT because we all know this is a one bid league.

Nice dig, hardly our best game of the season.  Defense let way to many of your YMCA players get layups.  

1 hour ago, Poster17 said:

Yeah, amateur hour for a HC.  I saw that and cringed.  Total Leon Rice move. 

Lol at amateur hour, those are the two best coaches in the conference (along with Fisher). 

1 hour ago, LakersGM1 said:

He does it pretty much every home game. I get why it's annoying for opposing fans, but I wouldn't take it personally. Even when Nevada was really good in the Fazekas years, it sometimes struggled to inject real energy in that building. Muss, more than any Nevada coach in memory, is trying to do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, just_chris said:

This was the one thing about UNLV that stunk, it was very much like a community college, very few people lived on campus, everyone commuted, the campus itself isn't bad, but it lacks a certain feel. I ended up being a non traditional student as I was a little older when I started but I started at Arizona State and was very close to going to Tennessee and UNLV had a much different feel to it. Obviously they are much bigger schools but Tennessee is Knoxville, sure there are lots of people who have no affiliation with the school but that school is not only ingrained in Knoxville but all of Eastern Tennessee and the Smokey Mountains

Ultimately, this is why I chose Nevada over UNLV. I knew I was going to stay in-state, but Nevada had more of the traditional college experience that I was looking for. Everyone's circumstances are different for college, though, and it's good that in a state with very limited choices that it at least has two campuses that are so completely different.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I'm probably going to take shit for this, but their offense is much better this year due to Dave Rice.  If he doesn't get the head coaching spot when Musselman leaves after this year, I believe he will follow Musselman to his next stop.

Oh stfu. You know that isn't true. Dave Rice couldn't even run the offense here at UNLV. Bunch of 5* athletic kids and they just stood around and ball watched.  Offense was always stagnant.

1 minute ago, BleedRed702 said:

Oh stfu. You know that isn't true. Dave Rice couldn't even run the offense here at UNLV. Bunch of 5* athletic kids and they just stood around and ball watched.  Offense was always stagnant.

It's funny how BYU's offense hasn't fallen off despite not having Jimmer or that guy Dave Rice ;) 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

1 minute ago, BleedRed702 said:

I'm not so sure, I believe Dave Rice is solely responsible for teaching Marcus Marshall how to shoot.:ph34r: