fbpack

UNLV @ Nevada

I thought I saw an article today saying Buffer was being paid $7,500 for the game and Buffer was in I think it was Kentucky recently doing the same thing for one of the Wildcats game.

I don't know if I would be surprised if Wolf Pack lost at T&M when they play again because sometimes sorry this team is hard to tell on what is going to happen. Nevada does have to go to San Diego for a game on Sunday then to Colorado Springs for a game on Wednesday followed by Utah St I think on Saturday. It is important period and hopefully Nevada didn't blow their wad tonight causing them to stumble against SDSU.

On another note, did read an article today stating that Wolf Pack had four bad losses this year but if they can make it through the rest of the regular season without losing a game the person writing the article thinks they could get an at-large bid if they happen to lose in the tournament. The bad losses were Fresno St (2), Utah St and Iona in the Great Alaskan Shootout Final. 

i wondered about this...

Mike Grimala @MikeGrimala

Jovan Mooring said Rebels now understand significance of UNLV-UNR rivalry: “The good thing about this is we’ll see them again.

and on the other side...

.@lil_mamba15 is set to square off with UNLV for the eighth time in his career. #BeatUNLV #BattleBorn #TheHunt

6 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Has Vegas or Nevada ever swept the season series in football/basketball/baseball? Nevada gets past Vegas on Feb. 25 I think it's possible. A 3 game series with Vegas baseball in Reno and Nevada is solid this season.

In '05 and '06 we did.  Baseball swept the Rebs in 05 and won 2-0 in 06 with one game canceled because of snow along with the Ault & Fazekas beat downs.   '06 was the year we beat them on Tark Night too! 

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Muss isn't going to ditch what he's been building and having such a great time. The only way he leaves is if the Stanford job opens. Maybe CAL, But I doubt he's even thinking about his next job right now. We need to give him a new contract so it makes it even easier to stay. 

Knuth said that he was looking for a coach that would stick around for a while, and Muss gave the answer that he wants to come home to his wife and young daughter everyday (unless his wife is working out of town) and he made a promise to his wife that he would stay in Reno so his daughter could have the same friends going through school all the way through high school. If he's a man of his word, then he'll be here for a while. 

There's an old Radtke interview with Muss right after he was hired somewhere out there online. I heard it and he really spent time talking about this in detail and seemed very sincere.

Just because you want it to be true doesn't make it so.  I still contend that he will have a new job next year.

5 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

I thought I saw an article today saying Buffer was being paid $7,500 for the game and Buffer was in I think it was Kentucky recently doing the same thing for one of the Wildcats game.

I don't know if I would be surprised if Wolf Pack lost at T&M when they play again because sometimes sorry this team is hard to tell on what is going to happen. Nevada does have to go to San Diego for a game on Sunday then to Colorado Springs for a game on Wednesday followed by Utah St I think on Saturday. It is important period and hopefully Nevada didn't blow their wad tonight causing them to stumble against SDSU.

On another note, did read an article today stating that Wolf Pack had four bad losses this year but if they can make it through the rest of the regular season without losing a game the person writing the article thinks they could get an at-large bid if they happen to lose in the tournament. The bad losses were Fresno St (2), Utah St and Iona in the Great Alaskan Shootout Final. 

No chance for them to get an at-large bid.  Zero top fifty wins.

5 hours ago, just_chris said:

Because most UNLV fans and alum didn't grow up in Vegas, I have no idea what the growth in Reno is like if there is any at all but I would venture most Northern Nevadans grew up in NV. Even most of our alumni grew up somewhere else rooting for someone else. I know so many UNLV alums who are USC or Ohio State or Michigan or UCLA fans or whoever. I feel like I'm an exception, I grew up in NJ but used to stay up late on school nights to watch UNLV play basketball in their hey day. I was instantly attracted to the style, the bad boy image and the us against the world we're doing it our own way attitude exhibited by Tark. I think there aren't too many people like me

While he growth has not been as dramatic as Vegas, Reno too has grown significantly and shares many of the same characteristics as Vegas. And Nevada students come from all over (more students from Clark than Washoe county, for example). 

But to your point, I think, Nevada is more ingrained in the community. It's more a part of daily life in Reno, even if you don't go to school there. The students have a more traditional college experience in which school is more than just classes, so that becomes its own community. That leads to a stronger bond with the school.

These are just guesses, but it's all I got.

8 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Just because you want it to be true doesn't make it so.  I still contend that he will have a new job next year.

Of course I want him around, but you'll have to talk with Muss and find out why he put so much emphasis on staying for awhile. It has nothing to do with me wanting it to become true, it's about him honoring his verbal commitments he stated when he was hired. If he hadn't said all that, then I'd agree with you. Do you want to do a nice big wager on it? :) 

kat.jpg

29 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Of course I want him around, but you'll have to talk with Muss and find out why he put so much emphasis on staying for awhile. It has nothing to do with me wanting it to become true, it's about him honoring his verbal commitments he stated when he was hired. If he hadn't said all that, then I'd agree with you. Do you want to do a nice big wager on it? :) 

I don't think Muss is leaving, it sounds like Washington is going to keep Romar (they have the Dave Rice situation where his incoming class is ridiculous by their standards so they don't want to fire him) and I honestly don't know where else he would go, SC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, those won't be open. 

• Like 1

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Congrats to Reno.  Played their best game of the season against the last place team in the MWC.  As for the sweet 16 talk.....come on now.  Didn't this team just the other night only score 57 pts in a loss?  They beat easily the worst UNLV team in 20 years by 27 pts.  That's what the first place team should do to the last place team, but sweet 16?  They should just worry about winning the MWT because we all know this is a one bid league.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

Congrats to Reno.  Played their best game of the season against the last place team in the MWC.  As for the sweet 16 talk.....come on now.  Didn't this team just the other night only score 57 pts in a loss?  They beat easily the worst UNLV team in 20 years by 27 pts.  That's what the first place team should do to the last place team, but sweet 16?  They should just worry about winning the MWT because we all know this is a one bid league.

I don't think this was Nevada's best game by any means.  The pasting of New Mexico at home was their most complete effort against a much better Lobos team.

• Like 1

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

37 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

While he growth has not been as dramatic as Vegas, Reno too has grown significantly and shares many of the same characteristics as Vegas. And Nevada students come from all over (more students from Clark than Washoe county, for example). 

But to your point, I think, Nevada is more ingrained in the community. It's more a part of daily life in Reno, even if you don't go to school there. The students have a more traditional college experience in which school is more than just classes, so that becomes its own community. That leads to a stronger bond with the school.

These are just guesses, but it's all I got.

This was the one thing about UNLV that stunk, it was very much like a community college, very few people lived on campus, everyone commuted, the campus itself isn't bad, but it lacks a certain feel. I ended up being a non traditional student as I was a little older when I started but I started at Arizona State and was very close to going to Tennessee and UNLV had a much different feel to it. Obviously they are much bigger schools but Tennessee is Knoxville, sure there are lots of people who have no affiliation with the school but that school is not only ingrained in Knoxville but all of Eastern Tennessee and the Smokey Mountains

21 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

I said they COULD... we all know it's any given night, and upsets happen throughout the NCAA tournament. They have the talent (and shooting) to do it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BleedRed702 said:

What a dweeb. I can't wait to see him as Reno's HC. He would fit in perfectly. 

His facial expression and weird girly leg stance definitely says dork, he's a nice guy but man oh man is he a weird one 

• Like 1

What pissed me off and now makes me hate Musselman is that instead of coaching his team or paying any attention to the game, he had his back to the court acting like a rally monkey as if his team was beating a #1 team in the nation. If I am Menzies I record that shit for future games. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LakersGM1 said:

What pissed me off and now makes me hate Musselman is that instead of coaching his team or paying any attention to the game, he had his back to the court acting like a rally monkey as if his team was beating a #1 team in the nation. If I am Menzies I record that shit for future games. 

Yeah, amateur hour for a HC.  I saw that and cringed.  Total Leon Rice move. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LakersGM1 said:

I don't know if it hurts or helps your argument, but he does that almost every game- trying to get our blue hair fans to make some noise 

• Like 1