Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDoggFather

Fresno State 2018 Recruiting

38 minutes ago, badfish said:

Odd to have offers from EWU (air raid, pass heavy) and Army (triple option). Shows he's versatile.

I read he threw for 2600+ yds 30 TDs and ran for 800+ yds and 14 TDs. 

19 hours ago, badfish said:

he's big and blocks well, but he's no rob gronkowski, that's for sure.  Really stiff in the hips. sorta lumbers around.  They'll probably get him up to 250-260 (think he has the frame for it) and just have him maul the 230lb DEs in this conference.

I really wish chad olsen hadn't retired due to concussions.  I think he'd have been the only player deruyter recruited to get drafted.

8 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

he's big and blocks well, but he's no rob gronkowski, that's for sure.  Really stiff in the hips. sorta lumbers around.  They'll probably get him up to 250-260 (think he has the frame for it) and just have him maul the 230lb DEs in this conference.

I really wish chad olsen hadn't retired due to concussions.  I think he'd have been the only player deruyter recruited to get drafted.

WTF Olsen retired?! That dude was solid, I remember him playing as a freshman and thought he was good then. 

18 hours ago, badfish said:

WTF Olsen retired?! That dude was solid, I remember him playing as a freshman and thought he was good then. 

I think he might have given it another go if dave schramm wasn't such a headass, but he's done with football. Very smart kid...he'll do well no matter what.

4 commits last night...DT Mat Kjeldgaard (oakdale), LB Sherwin King and CB Deshawn Ruffin (Sunnyside HS) and WR Ricardo Arias (Mclane).  good frickin players...Kjeldgaard, Arias, and Ruffin are the kind of guys who are going to get bumped to 3* in the fall and pick up a bunch of pac12 offers.

Sweet!  That makes 9 commits so far.

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

6 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

4 commits last night...DT Mat Kjeldgaard (oakdale), LB Sherwin King and CB Deshawn Ruffin (Sunnyside HS) and WR Ricardo Arias (Mclane).  good frickin players...Kjeldgaard, Arias, and Ruffin are the kind of guys who are going to get bumped to 3* in the fall and pick up a bunch of pac12 offers.

Ruffin is at Sunnyside HS in Fresno. He so far had an offer from Nevada along with Fresno State.

Kjeldgaard is from Oakdale. He had offers so far from Sac State and SJSU.

1 hour ago, TheDoggFather said:

Kjeldgaard is way under the radar...didn't do many camps. I've been told by one of the Scout guys he's already going to be listed as a 3 star when the revised rankings come out. He is a legit DT prospect with Pac-12 talent.

hope he stays, it's a long way till February.

2 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

Just have to get to Dec 20th, first day of the new NCAA Football Early Signing Period.

hopefully tedford has a decent year, gotta believe most will stay as long as we get back in the upper half of the division and conference.