mugtang

Super Bowl Thread

God, I'm on a conference call with a bunch of people in Boston right now.... had to spend 10 minutes on, "man, how +++++ing awesome is Tom Brady" and similar shit before we could get the damned meeting started. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

God, I'm on a conference call with a bunch of people in Boston right now.... had to spend 10 minutes on, "man, how +++++ing awesome is Tom Brady" and similar shit before we could get the damned meeting started. 

It's so tiresome.  The Falcons had first and 10 at the 22 with 4:30 left, and all they had to do was run the ball three times and kick a FG, but no, they get cute and take a sack and then rack up the penalties and end up punting.  Run the ball three times and kick a FG there and they are Super Bowl champions today. 

Same deal with Seattle.  Run Beast Mode a couple times and be Super Bowl champs.  It's exhausting.  I hate the Pats.

• Like 3

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

It's so tiresome.  The Falcons had first and 10 at the 22 with 4:30 left, and all they had to do was run the ball three times and kick a FG, but no, they get cute and take a sack and then rack up the penalties and end up punting.  Run the ball three times and kick a FG there and they are Super Bowl champions today. 

Same deal with Seattle.  Run Beast Mode a couple times and be Super Bowl champs.  It's exhausting.  I hate the Pats.

This is what I'm  trying to figure out as well. Why even pass in that situation? A field goal basically puts the game out of reach.

• Like 1

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

5 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I knew Atlanta was in trouble after the onside kick, they had the ball at the 45 of NE and went 3 and out including a holding penalty. I think they had 3rd and 1 when Ryan fumbled too, maybe the worst part was when they had the ball with a chance to put it away on the holding call there was a clear face mask on Sanu and of course no flag came in. It would have offset the penalties and Atlanta would have had another chance to gain some yards to bring out Bryant. 

I get the argument that Brady is the greatest ever, after last night I think the argument is over and he surpassed Montana but we have to be honest with ourselves too, both Seattle and Atlanta could and should have won both of those games. But if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle and they didn't gotta credit that bastard for leading his teams for winning drives in all 5 of his wins. I hate them, I hate Belichick and as a Jet fan I am forced to think about what could have been with that smug bastard tendering his resignation after one day on the job with the Jets. 

• Like 1

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

37 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Yep, that's the part that kills me. The Patriots and Brady are one Beast Mode TD run from the 1, and one Matt Bryant 37-yd FG away from being 3-4 in Super Bowls instead of 5-2. 

I wanted to vomit when I heard Herm Edwards call Tom Brady, "Captain America" on Mike & Mike on my way to work this morning, 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep, that's the part that kills me. The Patriots and Brady are one Beast Mode TD run from the 1, and one Matt Bryant 37-yd FG away from being 3-4 in Super Bowls instead of 5-2. 

I wanted to vomit when I heard Herm Edwards call Tom Brady, "Captain America" on Mike & Mike on my way to work this morning, 

They're also two miracle catches, including one off a helmet from a guy who never played another down, from being 7-0 in Super Bowls this century.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

They're also two miracle catches, including one off a helmet from a guy who never played another down, from being 7-0 in Super Bowls this century.

I still can't decide if Edelman's catch yesterday was more or less of a miracle catch than Tyree's was.

Just now, retrofade said:

I still can't decide if Edelman's catch yesterday was more or less of a miracle catch than Tyree's was.

More. At least Manning's pass was on the money. Brady should have been picked.

The sad thing is that Julio Jones catch will be forgotten. That was athleticism found only at the very tip of the spear in human evolution.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

More. At least Manning's pass was on the money. Brady should have been picked.

The sad thing is that Julio Jones catch will be forgotten. That was athleticism found only at the very tip of the spear in human evolution.

I'm with you on that. 

The fact that Jones' catch will largely be forgotten by history is a travesty..

1 hour ago, teappotts said:

This is what I'm  trying to figure out as well. Why even pass in that situation? A field goal basically puts the game out of reach.

So, the other fun stat is that after going up 28-3 on these clowns, they ran the ball five times.  FIVE TIMES!

Why get cute?  Just run the damn ball so we don't have to listen to this narrative about Tom Brady.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, just_chris said:

I knew Atlanta was in trouble after the onside kick, they had the ball at the 45 of NE and went 3 and out including a holding penalty. I think they had 3rd and 1 when Ryan fumbled too, maybe the worst part was when they had the ball with a chance to put it away on the holding call there was a clear face mask on Sanu and of course no flag came in. It would have offset the penalties and Atlanta would have had another chance to gain some yards to bring out Bryant. 

I get the argument that Brady is the greatest ever, after last night I think the argument is over and he surpassed Montana but we have to be honest with ourselves too, both Seattle and Atlanta could and should have won both of those games. But if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle and they didn't gotta credit that bastard for leading his teams for winning drives in all 5 of his wins. I hate them, I hate Belichick and as a Jet fan I am forced to think about what could have been with that smug bastard tendering his resignation after one day on the job with the Jets. 

I mean, run the ball there.  Don't drop back and get sacked for a turnover.  Run the ball for a yard or two.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Or they are 2 miracle Giant catches and a dropped pick from being 7-0.

You also seem to forget about the miracle Seahawks catch that got them within the 5 yard line at the end of that game.

8 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

With average protection in the first half.  The same kind of protection Ryan and most NFL QB's deal with every game.

Brady's greatness was worth 3 points.

Fanboys are so fucking hilarious, they watch football every weekend for decades and still know nothing about the game.

Looks like you got a lesson last night about the importance of time of possession and turnovers.  

10 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I hate the Patriots.

I still think it's more coaching than Brady.  The Belicock is so far ahead of what the rest of the coaches are doing with regards to his scheme and what he throws at teams.

Brady's an all time great, don't get me wrong, but I'd take the Belicock for my coach over Brady as my QB.

10 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Just like Walsh/Montana, you need them both.

Actually, Walsh/Young worked pretty well, too. While I agree you need both, I do think coaching gets the slight edge. Great coaches seem to be able to find the QBs that have the skill/leadership that they need and can develop them as a player. I think Walsh showed that at San Francisco, switching from Montana to Young. I think Edwards showed that at BYU, though I think it also shows that you can't plug in any QB. Of course, Boise shows us that you can replace coaches and keep it going, and that some QBs combined with the right coach are what makes a good team great (Petersen/Moore).

1 hour ago, raadsel said:

Actually, Walsh/Young worked pretty well, too. While I agree you need both, I do think coaching gets the slight edge. Great coaches seem to be able to find the QBs that have the skill/leadership that they need and can develop them as a player. I think Walsh showed that at San Francisco, switching from Montana to Young. I think Edwards showed that at BYU, though I think it also shows that you can't plug in any QB. Of course, Boise shows us that you can replace coaches and keep it going, and that some QBs combined with the right coach are what makes a good team great (Petersen/Moore).

The fact that the Belicock won 11 games with Sand Cassell shows me what I need to know about his coaching.