thelawlorfaithful

The Rabbit Hole Bracket

7 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Everyone here's going for low-hanging fruit - this den of flapping vagges has omitted arguably the single-most important conspiracy theory this century: 9/11

n/m... I see in the OP @sebasour already stepped up to the plate.

9/11 is low hanging fruit. 

Want to get at the top of the tree? How bout Royalty- the bloodline and why they want keep it pure.

49 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

9/11 is low hanging fruit. 

Want to get at the top of the tree? How bout Royalty- the bloodline and why they want keep it pure.

Can I guess? Is the reason because aliens? It's aliens isn't it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

35 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I allegedly come from a royal bloodline. That should tell you all you need to know about such things. 

I'm down for doing something about MK Ultra though. 

You're on it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, CPslograd said:

So how does this work?  

Do you make the argument for your conspiracy, and if you get the most votes, move on?

It's not a competition between posters or who is better at making the argument. The bracket will be about deciding which is the most fun, most interesting rabbit hole to dive down into. The likelihood that it's true isn't a deciding factor, though most voters I assume will gravitate towards those that make them pause for longer than others. The plan is for a discussion thread to be opened about the competing rabbit holes in a given round. Later on in the week a voting thread will be opened.

The assignments are so we can have an expert/advocate for each rabbit hole. The expert's job is to dive down and research the subject, know how it came about and have some grasp on the competing theories within it. They should also know how it can be debunked. We are dealing with a lot of crap here and no one, let alone the whole board, should have to wade through all of it for all these subjects. The expert, by committing themselves to doing some research, will have an understanding as to why their subject is a good rabbit hole. What it might mean if certain theories were actually true. What it means that many people think about the world in these weird ways, and how it effects their own outlook having walked in those shoes. In the discussion thread, they will be the go to poster to answer any questions from those who haven't dived into the rabbit hole headlong like they have.

For example, I've staked out claims on two subjects that I have some knowledge on but intend to read a book on each and scour the interned a bit. One is a stone cold mystery. The other a mystery of a different sort, based mostly on first hand word of mouth but with almost no evidence. Both drive me nuts thinking about, there are appealing aspects that they have in common and some that are entirely different. Some will find one more alluring, others the other. It isn't my job to convince them one way or the other. Just to make them understand what is down there and how it feels to try to get to the bottom.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

For example, I've staked out claims on two subjects that I have some knowledge on but intend to read a book on each and scour the interned a bit. One is a stone cold mystery. The other a mystery of a different sort, based mostly on first hand word of mouth but with almost no evidence. Both drive me nuts thinking about, there are appealing aspects that they have in common and some that are entirely different. Some will find one more alluring, others the other. It isn't my job to convince them one way or the other. Just to make them understand what is down there and how it feels to try to get to the bottom.

I can not wait to see what you do with Dyatlov.

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I can already tell you I don't know the answer. Deep diving will satiate my love of the journey, but there is no way I will come to any real conclusion. I'm most excited just to get to know these people. By all accounts they were total badasses. I'm getting hyped just typing this.

For those that don't know, Dyatlov Pass is the JFK of the Soviet Union. Only there is no obvious answer, and probably never will be. 

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

I can already tell you I don't know the answer. Deep diving will satiate my love of the journey, but there is no way I will come to any real conclusion. I'm most excited just to get to know these people. By all accounts they were total badasses. I'm getting hyped just typing this.

For those that don't know, Dyatlov Pass is the JFK of the Soviet Union. Only there is no obvious answer, and probably never will be. 

They were complete badasses.  So experienced as well which makes it even crazier.  Have fun.

How long do we have to fully immerse ourselves in the subject matter?

15 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What's also great, and I hope we get the commitments from the board, is how broad the intellectual spectrum it takes to explore these things. You will need to read up on the gait of primates (although I don't it put it past you to have already done so), I will need to read up on the Mansi people and how tidal flows can effect geology in northeastern North America.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

What's also great, and I hope we get the commitments from the board, is how broad the intellectual spectrum it takes to explore these things. You will need to read up on the gait of primates (although I don't it put it past you to have already done so), I will need to read up on the Mansi people and how tidal flows can effect geology in northeastern North America.

;)

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They were complete badasses.  So experienced as well which makes it even crazier.  Have fun.

How long do we have to fully immerse ourselves in the subject matter?

I think April is when we did the generals bracket. But if others want more time we can put it off until after the troll derby. The troll derby is looking pretty weak this year though. If we're doing this on the OT board then I guess we could drag it out some. Whatever everybody else thinks.

First I have to get the bracket filled out.

Zachariah Sitchin type stuff- there's another planet with eccentric orbit with advanced aliens on it, those aliens created humans from monkeys with their own DNA to act as miners and whatnot, ancient sumerian tablets describe this

The whole "giving slow kill agents to veterans as part of their exit", vaccines as secret population control intended to reduce the population to 1 billion

The whole " modern processed food was created to make men less fertile and reduce worldwide population, budweiser puts mercury in their beer to slowly kill off people"

JFK's assassination was a power play between different illuminati factions

Boeing secretly uses anti-gravity in their planes which is why they have better fuel economy than airbus

Suppression of various "real" sciences - anti gravity, colloidal silver as a miracle drug, a weird P=/NP field, amazing fuel mileage increases, psychic programs like the Stargate project and remote viewing

constant manipulation of world currency to create bubbles and busts as a means of controlling the populace

Global conspiracies to keep gold and silver prices low

That "the generals" constantly bucked George W Bush when he ordered them to secretly invade Iran, because he didn't have congressional authority

The entire public school system as designed to create factory workers and soldiers instead of informed citizens. Adoption of the public school system nationwide coincides with THEIR programs starting to function

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 hours ago, happycamper said:

Zachariah Sitchin type stuff- there's another planet with eccentric orbit with advanced aliens on it, those aliens created humans from monkeys with their own DNA to act as miners and whatnot, ancient sumerian tablets describe this

The whole "giving slow kill agents to veterans as part of their exit", vaccines as secret population control intended to reduce the population to 1 billion

The whole " modern processed food was created to make men less fertile and reduce worldwide population, budweiser puts mercury in their beer to slowly kill off people"

Boeing secretly uses anti-gravity in their planes which is why they have better fuel economy than airbus

Suppression of various "real" sciences - anti gravity, colloidal silver as a miracle drug, a weird P=/NP field, amazing fuel mileage increases, psychic programs like the Stargate project and remote viewing

constant manipulation of world currency to create bubbles and busts as a means of controlling the populace

That "the generals" constantly bucked George W Bush when he ordered them to secretly invade Iran, because he didn't have congressional authority

The entire public school system as designed to create factory workers and soldiers instead of informed citizens. Adoption of the public school system nationwide coincides with THEIR programs starting to function

Added to the OP for subject ideas. 

11 hours ago, happycamper said:

You don't get to wield knowledge of that array of craziness and get off without participating. Come on Happy, chemtrails is practically calling your name.

Okay, I'll do chemtrails.

I would not be surprised to see that there are more rabbit holes than participants. Should we double up if possible? I'd want to do Loose Change/ 9-11 is an inside job stuff too

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.