BSUTOP25

Final 2017 Recruiting Rankings

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wrong.  Not how those debates happened at all and you know.  A Boise fan said Martin was more talented than Hillman and you lost your shit.  You started a thread "Moore the best QB in the MWC?  Do not be so sure" and proceeded to argue that Lyndley was better than Moore.  As far as who was a better pro?  The answer has proven to be Moore. You said Muema was the best RB in the conference, multiple times. when Ajayi was playing for Boise.  Lol.

I mean I have been just as wrong multiple times so I am not laughing at your predictions, just your revisionist history of them.

Schedules played.  Lol.  According to Sagarin Boise played a tougher schedule than SDSU but I am sure in your mind SDSU's schedule was leaps and bounds tougher. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2010/teams/

This is not accurate.

52 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

247's average for the AAC = 80.72

247's average for CUSA excepting UAB which didn't play football in 2016 = 79.42

247's average for the MWC = 79.23 (:rock:)

SDSU average is 81, so above AAC average, but I still think it's all Fd up. We have a couple obvious project guys who bring our score down but won't even be expected to play for like 3 years. Our top end talent in this class is some of the best we've had in a long time.

54 minutes ago, k5james said:

He's a 2* on Rivals too.  I don't see it as some big slight...

He was  all-state and a finalist for California Gatorade player of the year I believe.

He was overlooked because he played in the same conference as Harris

14 minutes ago, rudolro said:

He was  all-state and a finalist for California Gatorade player of the year I believe.

He was overlooked because he played in the same conference as Harris

Neither of those mean he would be a good player in college.

1 hour ago, badfish said:

SDSU average is 81, so above AAC average, but I still think it's all Fd up. We have a couple obvious project guys who bring our score down but won't even be expected to play for like 3 years. Our top end talent in this class is some of the best we've had in a long time.

247 has Connor Mitchell at 77 something. Checking his measurables and video, that's just ridiculous. In my best Rocky manner, "Mitchell's goan be a stud."

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

247 has Connor Mitchell at 77 something. Checking his measurables and video, that's just ridiculous. In my best Rocky manner, "Mitchell's goan be a stud."

What's that guys deal? I never saw a story about him and only know he was at an Air Force prep school, not the actual academy, right? So he's a true freshman? Idk about the level of competition he played against, but film looks good.

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Pretty much.  He's a baller. He'd have had Pac12 offers if he was an inch or two taller.

It's all about his mindset. If he comes in and works like Pumphrey, he can shine in the MWC. Pumphrey was NV Gatorade POY and didn't get many offers, so sounds like these guys are similar.

4 minutes ago, badfish said:

What's that guys deal? I never saw a story about him and only know he was at an Air Force prep school, not the actual academy, right? So he's a true freshman? Idk about the level of competition he played against, but film looks good.

You may not have been around when somebody linked an article about that academy on AztecMesa 5-6 years ago. At a minimum, the academy gives the Farce, er, Force, an advantage similar to what BYU derives from being able to have a roster of players 3-4 years older on average than everybody else in the MWC. IIRC, once admitted to that academy, kids are insulated from recruiting by anybody else. Hence the fact Mitchell was very much under the radar. Goan be a stud!

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You may not have been around when somebody linked an article about that academy on AztecMesa 5-6 years ago. At a minimum, the academy gives the Farce, er, Force, an advantage similar to what BYU derives from being able to have a roster of players 3-4 years older on average than everybody else in the MWC. IIRC, once admitted to that academy, kids are insulated from recruiting by anybody else. Hence the fact Mitchell was very much under the radar. Goan be a stud!

Yea I missed that. Their loss, our gain. I like his size and tenacity.

On 2/7/2017 at 2:13 PM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

247sports finally got around to updating the composite and rating everyone. Lazy mfers.  @SleepingGiantsFan

Not completely, Lobos are missing 18.07 points from 3 signees not listed, a fourth Coltin Gerhert is not rated being he is a graduate transfer. That would place UNM at #6 and only 4+points away from moving up to fourth with four players to sign.

I guess the true measure for this is to wait to see who actually enrolls come June. Some signees go JuCo come June or August wgen it's time to show up. Seen it happen a few times. 

That said, BSU, CSewe, & SUDS have impressive recruiting classes this year. UNM is shortening the gap though.

I've become convinced Davie is the tortoise in the race against some hares and that's to his credit. However, I'm equally convinced that if the guy can pull off a 10-win season in 2017 which is within the realm of possibility, he's going to take another job. Somewhere he can make considerably more money like Kansas or SMU or somewhere he can get a modest raise while also situating himself in a location with far more HS football talent to draw from like Rice or NIU.

Boom goes the dynamite.

20 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I've become convinced Davie is the tortoise in the race against some hares and that's to his credit. However, I'm equally convinced that if the guy can pull off a 10-win season in 2017 which is within the realm of possibility, he's going to take another job. Somewhere he can make considerably more money like Kansas or SMU or somewhere he can get a modest raise while also situating himself in a location with far more HS football talent to draw from like Rice or NIU.

i don't understand kansas. coaches keep taking that job  even though it's a career killer.