Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

edluvar

Trump - The gift that keeps on giving for Democrats

Guest #1Stunner
8 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

It's pretty clear that identity politics motivates both bases. 

Identity politics motivates both bases (Republicans love them some Country Music and WWE), but the Democrats need to use identity politics to get their voters out.  If the Democrats don't run another black guy, they WILL lose again.

20 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Identity politics motivates both bases (Republicans love them some Country Music and WWE), but the Democrats need to use identity politics to get their voters out.  If the Democrats don't run another black guy, they WILL lose again.

Not true. If Biden had run he would have won easily in 2016. If he stays active politically he could win in 2020.

16 hours ago, edluvar said:

If we are alive in 4 years I see a high voter turnout.   

He's been kicking the Dems in the asss at will. He ran on a group of very simple issues that everyone has known about for about 1.5 years. The Dems we're supposedly going to mobilize against Trump when he started pulling ahead in the GOP primary.....even more so when he got the nomination. 

If Dems folks are a gluten for punishment, yes he keeps giving. Either he's going to be effective with the economy, etc. or not. And that will determine if his current supporters stick with him. If he does well, you'll see a lot of the GOP that didn't vote for him come around and do it. I like a lot of the things he's doing, but I just can't stand the guy and his lack of character. It would be nice if a better person were in office doing it, but you can't have everything. 

The latest Rasmussen poll has likely voters in support of his temp ban 57% to 33% with 10% undecided. And the Rasmussen approval rating has ranged from 51% to 59% in the last week. There are some polls that show the strongly disapprover number is solid, but that's how it's always been and won't be enough to push him out. 

kat.jpg

I admit I haven't researched this that well...

Why are some people so high on Biden that were seemingly so down on Obama?  How would Biden be different than Obama?  Admittedly, I only know of Biden what I've seen via memes and television appearances.  He seems to be such a nice, genuine, undeniably great guy.  By my knowledge of him beyond that tapers off. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

Guest #1Stunner
34 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Not true. If Biden had run he would have won easily in 2016. If he stays active politically he could win in 2020.

Actually, he woudn't have won.

The black voters don't show up when an old, white liberal is running:   Al Gore, John Kerry, Hillary Cinton

(Bill Clinton is "black" for some reason---Maybe his love of Jazz music and the Saxophone?).

ap_arsenio_hall_bill_clinton_nt_120619_w

Guest #1Stunner
18 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

I admit I haven't researched this that well...

Why are some people so high on Biden that were seemingly so down on Obama?  How would Biden be different than Obama?  Admittedly, I only know of Biden what I've seen via memes and television appearances.  He seems to be such a nice, genuine, undeniably great guy.  By my knowledge of him beyond that tapers off. 

Biden was popular because he wasn't running.   Candidates are always popular when they aren't running.  Once they start running, and hit the daily campaign grind, many of them lose their popularity.

And I like Joe Biden, and wish he had run.  I would have probably voted for him.  But Joe Biden wasn't going to win.

11biden-span-jumbo.jpg

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Actually, he woudn't have won.

The black voters don't show up when an old, white liberal is running:   Al Gore, John Kerry, Hillary Cinton

(Bill Clinton is "black" for some reason---Maybe his love of Jazz music and the Saxophone?).

ap_arsenio_hall_bill_clinton_nt_120619_w

Do you think the republicans will run an African American candidate in the next 100 years?   They tried getting the woman's vote with plain.  Tried a Mormon with Mitt and both failed.  Do you think they will go all out in and get someone more racist than trump to double down on their electoral college win?   White undereducated NASCAR/WWE fans may go for that.  

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, edluvar said:

Do you think the republicans will run an African American candidate in the next 100 years?   They tried getting the woman's vote with plain.  Tried a Mormon with Mitt and both failed.  Do you think they will go all out in and get someone more racist than trump to double down on their electoral college win?   White undereducated NASCAR/WWE fans may go for that.  

Are you seriously stating that Mitt Romney was an identity politics candidate that Republicans pushed to try and win the Mormon vote?  That Mormons weren't already showing up and voting Republican anyway?  Seriously?

Republicans don't need to engage in an identity politics candidate to get their voters to vote.

That said, Republicans love celebrity candidates the most.  They claim to hate Hollywood, but get a huge crush on any celebrity that runs on their side.

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Are you seriously stating that Mitt Romney was an identity politics candidate that Republicans pushed to try and win the Mormon vote?  That Mormons weren't already showing up and voting Republican anyway?  Seriously?

Republicans don't need to engage in an identity politics candidate to get their voters to vote.

That said, Republicans love celebrity candidates the most.  They claim to hate Hollywood, but get a huge crush on any celebrity that runs on their side.

Do you think the republicans would run a Muslim candidate to try to bring in more votes since they have the mormons locked down?   They did reality tv this go around.  Perhaps a famous driver from the left turn only league?

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Do you think the republicans would run a Muslim candidate to try to bring in more votes since they have the mormons locked down?   They did reality tv this go around.  Perhaps a famous driver from the left turn only league?

I'm not following what you are trying to say.

It's obvious that the Democrats play Identity Politics to get out the votes.   They are much more successful at this, and rely on this, more than the Republican party.

WOMEN:  Women's rights!  We need a woman to break the glass ceiling.  Is America ready for a woman President?  "I'm with HER".  Women's Suffrage remembers---get the women's vote based on identity

BLACK:  Alt Right.  Blacks are Democrats.  This is an historic moment for America.  Show a black kid in the Presidency.  Run a black guy for President (only tactic that works). ---- get the black vote

Now, there are no "policy issues" in the above things I've identified.  It is purely about identity.    Those are 2 broad groups that the Democrats really really need to win.

Democrats are very good at using symbolism to get votes.  This picture tells a thousand words (well done):

3532376714_cc9ce8cf80_b.jpg?w=779&h=518

Everybody is talking about 2020...yet 2018 will be interesting.  Lots of those elections favor republicans keeping majority in both senate and house (and even a possible filibuster proof senate) but if this storm keeps brewing, are democrats going to be motivated enough to show up to those elections?

If Democrats win back the senate in 2018, then the fears of losing the supreme court become lessened as they can kick that can to 2020 and beyond. But they probably wont show up because its a midterm election.

2 hours ago, edluvar said:

I'd like to see Condi make a run but she's too smart to.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

21 hours ago, edluvar said:

If we are alive in 4 years I see a high voter turnout.   

We are currently building internment camps for liberals.  There's free food, housing is paid, medical, and there is a really really really deep lake. . . you'll love it.

Do you ever golf River Birch in Star?

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm not following what you are trying to say.

It's obvious that the Democrats play Identity Politics to get out the votes.   They are much more successful at this, and rely on this, more than the Republican party.

WOMEN:  Women's rights!  We need a woman to break the glass ceiling.  Is America ready for a woman President?  "I'm with HER".  Women's Suffrage remembers---get the women's vote based on identity

BLACK:  Alt Right.  Blacks are Democrats.  This is an historic moment for America.  Show a black kid in the Presidency.  Run a black guy for President (only tactic that works). ---- get the black vote

Now, there are no "policy issues" in the above things I've identified.  It is purely about identity.    Those are 2 broad groups that the Democrats really really need to win.

Democrats are very good at using symbolism to get votes.  This picture tells a thousand words (well done):

3532376714_cc9ce8cf80_b.jpg?w=779&h=518

I just thought Obama was the best man for the job, that's why I voted for him.  Didn't really factor in his race.  Bill Clinton was my favorite president that I have been alive for.  

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, edluvar said:

I just thought Obama was the best man for the job, that's why I voted for him.  Didn't really factor in his race.  Bill Clinton was my favorite president that I have been alive for.  

Yes, you are a smart person, though.

Not everyone votes on issues.   Believe it or not, a lot of people vote based on identity.  It's weird, but they do.

I have voted for the following candidates in Presidential Elections:  Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama....McMullin.

I'm just talking out of my ass here..... Like I said, I think the Democrats WILL run a black guy next election.

3 hours ago, edluvar said:

Republicans ran 2 black guys, a woman not named Palin, a ginger, and 2 Hispanics.  Democrats have been running ol white folks.

41 minutes ago, MCDigger said:

We are currently building internment camps for liberals.  There's free food, housing is paid, medical, and there is a really really really deep lake. . . you'll love it.

Do you ever golf River Birch in Star?

I have played there a few times but not in awhile.  I play all over now.  Was at plantation for a long time.  

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, edluvar said:

I have played there a few times but not in awhile.  I play all over now.  Was at plantation for a long time.  

I have a house on the property that I'm flipping into a vacation rental.  The brewery does weekly weddings, the course has plenty of tournaments, and Firebird Raceway is pretty close.  I've golfed it half a dozen times.  Just wondering what you thought about it.

3 minutes ago, MCDigger said:

I have a house on the property that I'm flipping into a vacation rental.  The brewery does weekly weddings, the course has plenty of tournaments, and Firebird Raceway is pretty close.  I've golfed it half a dozen times.  Just wondering what you thought about it.

I tried to run some junior camps out there and checked it out.  The new practice area looks really nice.  

Posted Image