Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

AG office blow back at Trump

Until the Senate confirms Sessions, this will remain in effect.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

State of Washington's AG is filing suit against Trump. It sounds like other states will join once they have a chance to review. They are apparently not necassarily going to challenge the President's power to restrict immigration per se. It will be on equal protection and due process issues.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

13 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

She has been fired...

Well,  duh.  She effectively resigned by doing that. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

Aren't the office of the attorney general and the executive branch supposed to be independent?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

6 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Isn't the office of the attorney general and the executive branch supposed to be independent?

Here is the funny thing.  She becomes a hero for the Democrats, Sessions confirmation just became a major political football and he will likely be filibustered and in the meantime she was the only ranking person who could file a FISA warrant.  Trump just totally played into her hands

Pretty much a win all the way around for the Dems.

14 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Here is the funny thing.  She becomes a hero for the Democrats, Sessions confirmation just became a major political football and he will likely be filibustered and in the meantime she was the only ranking person who could file a FISA warrant.  Trump just totally played into her hands

Pretty much a win all the way around for the Dems.

I'm not sure of this stuff, but can't the new Acting AG do the same?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Sure, and Trump can fire them. Eventually he'll find his "Bork" who will do his bidding.

He already appointed a loyalist crony

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

56 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Not really, it's a cabinet position. You're "hired" and "fired" by the President.

The FBI is supposed to be independent, as is the CIA.

im with you on AG though, it's a cabinet position.