Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

New Mexico @ Nevada

12 minutes ago, brillio said:

What's the status on Marshall?

He was still playing at the end 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

52 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

Good game Lobos

No, it wasn't. I usually try to stay away from the "fire Noodles" crowd, but there are days like today that make you want to perhaps listen. 

Team came out flat and with no energy, Nevada saw early that they were going to be able to cut off TW in the paint. It was all downhill for em once they figured UNM couldn't hit baskets to save their lives. Easy win for the pack.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

33 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

No, it wasn't. I usually try to stay away from the "fire Noodles" crowd, but there are days like today that make you want to perhaps listen. 

Team came out flat and with no energy, Nevada saw early that they were going to be able to cut off TW in the paint. It was all downhill for em once they figured UNM couldn't hit baskets to save their lives. Easy win for the pack.

Image result for come here gif

37 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

nevada smells like a sweet 16 team.

Not even close. 

2 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

how do you know?

The only tournament caliber team they've played this season beat them by 20.

5 minutes ago, PTR said:

in all fairness, wasn't that early in the season when the new guys were still being worked in? they're a different team at this point, and i think they would give st mary's a much better game now. to me, they pass the eye test, and i hate saying that.

5 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

in all fairness, wasn't that early in the season when the new guys were still being worked in? they're a different team at this point, and i think they would give st mary's a much better game now. to me, they pass the eye test, and i hate saying that.

It was, but point still stands that they haven't beaten any tournament quality teams. They have athletes, talented primary scorers and decent coaching, which is good. I could Nevada winning an opening round game against the right 3rd or 4th seed, but I'd be surprised to see them make a tourney run. 

Just now, PTR said:

It was, but point still stands that they haven't beaten any tournament quality teams. They have athletes, talented primary scorers and decent coaching, which is good. I could Nevada winning an opening round game against the right 3rd or 4th seed, but I'd be surprised to see them make a tourney run. 

i see a sweet 16 if they take care of business, but they have to win the MW tournament to get there, first.

14 minutes ago, PTR said:

nevada needs to win the mwc tournament to get into the dance.maybe sweet 16 was too much.

2 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

nevada needs to win the mwc tournament to get into the dance.maybe sweet 16 was too much.

if they get a 12 seed they have about a 75% chance of beating the 5, lol. and they probably will.