Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDoggFather

Poaching Season 2017

6 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

i don't want to pull the "we didn't want him anyway"....but i'm not losing sleep over this one.

Yeah, I don't think it's a matter of not wanting him anyway, but more that losing someone else would have been a bigger loss. 

15 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Yeah I don't think he's a big loss for you guys, I don't view him as a future starter but nice depth

He isnt bad by any means...smart kid, accurate.  But he was in no way gonna start and we have a legacy walkon thats basically him minus the athleticism coming in.

He is a big pickup for us, not because he is a star, but  to get him to flip with a higher rated QB already committed is impressive.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

19 minutes ago, Dirtball said:

He is a big pickup for us, not because he is a star, but  to get him to flip with a higher rated QB already committed is impressive.

But why? We didn't really need him

49 minutes ago, badfish said:

But why? We didn't really need him

Yeah we do.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

WSU and Hawaii came in on Emeka Ndoh but he stuck...i like him.  He's a good, but not great athlete, but he's really polished as a pass rusher.  Probably an instant rotational guy or starter off the edge.

Also absolutely stunned Tony Perry steered him to us. 

I hate poaching, but we did really well this year and didn't lose a single recruit. We flipped UNRs Martinez (247 had him as their best recruit), Fresnos QB (local guy here, so I hardly call it flipping) and possibly Hawaiis DT (he should be announcing soon)

13 minutes ago, badfish said:

I hate poaching, but we did really well this year and didn't lose a single recruit. We flipped UNRs Martinez (247 had him as their best recruit), Fresnos QB (local guy here, so I hardly call it flipping) and possibly Hawaiis DT (he should be announcing soon)

in general i'm okay with poaching...but long-term commits flipping like salazar do rub me the wrong way.  We stole Grim from WSU, but he's a well-traveled guy...boise commit, enrolled at nebraska, then left and came to juco and committed to leach.

23 minutes ago, badfish said:

Hawaii kept a hold of Mermea. He sent in his NLI to us.