Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Wyoming

9 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Except for the fact that the Rebs were the better FT shooting team tonight :P

and yet left 4 out there at the end of a 1 point game. THAT sucks.

Tyler Bischoff @Bischoff_Tyler

UNLV was 3 for 9 from the free throw line in the final six minutes of a game they lose by one.

but wyoming did a good job to hang on and get the win when the momentum was against them.

Not sure why Edwards puts the handcuffs on certain Wyoming players.  Adams was all over the place in the first half, yet sat most of the second half.  James, Dalton, Herdon, Adams all need to be on the floor 30 mins a game.  Play those 4 and we are perhaps 2nd best team in MWC

well i can say this..if jojo made that last shot, we would probably see way too many more in the future, lol. better they learn to take care of business early on and not have to rely on a buzzer beater. play 40 minutes, not 20, and it won't come down to a prayer.

and

Mike Grimala @MikeGrimala 24s24 seconds ago

Marvin Menzies said Jovan Mooring was supposed to drive on the final play. Mooring said he felt his defender back off, so he shot the 3

Tough loss for the rebels but overall I liked the second half effort. AA is a very tough place to play so I give Menzies and the players credit for the second half effort. 

We really lucked into hiring Menzies. After watching Chris Beard's team struggling in conference play after a cupcake schedule prior to conference play, I'll take the million dollars and Menzies over Chris Beard. 

10 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

well i can say this..if jojo made that last shot, we would probably see way too many more in the future, lol. better they learn to take care of business early on and not have to rely on a buzzer beater. play 40 minutes, not 20, and it won't come down to a prayer.

and

Marvin Menzies said Jovan Mooring was supposed to drive on the final play. Mooring said he felt his defender back off, so he shot the 3

Mooring knew what he was going to do as soon as he had the ball.

30 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Hey rebs, barring transfers how many of these guys will be back next year?

seniors are christian jones, uche ofoegbu, and tyrell green.

and it will be nice to get dwayne morgan back for 2 more years

Rebs are learning how to win and showed a ton of heart to come from 20 down to take the lead late. They're on the cusp, and once they get there, they're going to be a really tough team to beat. I don't think there's any doubt that Menzies is head and shoulders above Rice. 

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

It's a loss, but it is still progress for the Rebels.  The best thing all night....sitting starters (ie Poyser) who don't want to play defense.  We haven't seen that since Kruger was the coach.  One month to get it all in place for the MWT.

12 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

and

Nevada is the only team that is allowed to make more than one crazy ass three pointer in the final minutes of a game.  He got his moments before.  Quota filled.  Nadda.  Not a 2nd one.  No way in hellski!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

12 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Tough loss for the rebels but overall I liked the second half effort. AA is a very tough place to play so I give Menzies and the players credit for the second half effort. 

We really lucked into hiring Menzies. After watching Chris Beard's team struggling in conference play after a cupcake schedule prior to conference play, I'll take the million dollars and Menzies over Chris Beard. 

Agree it was a tough loss for you guys.  It would have been a tougher loss for me and my Pokes though :)

34 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Nevada is the only team that is allowed to make more than one crazy ass three pointer in the final minutes of a game.  He got his moments before.  Quota filled.  Nadda.  Not a 2nd one.  No way in hellski!

Too bad! He had two crazy 30 foot buzzer beaters on Saturday to go to OT and then win against AFA. No quotas for JOJo, lol

15 hours ago, vtpoke said:

Not sure why Edwards puts the handcuffs on certain Wyoming players.  Adams was all over the place in the first half, yet sat most of the second half.  James, Dalton, Herdon, Adams all need to be on the floor 30 mins a game.  Play those 4 and we are perhaps 2nd best team in MWC

I like Jason and he is a Senior but James at SG and Dalton at SF is our best lineup on both sides of the court. 

Guest RoscoesDad

My goal for this year was to make it to MWCT at or close to .500.  And assuming we did that, we'd have as decent of a shot at the auto bid as anyone else.  I hope we can hang in there and stay healthy.  If so the tourney will actually be fun to watch for the first time in awhile for this UNLV fan.  We might even see our home court advantage come into play for like the first time ever.

50 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

My goal for this year was to make it to MWCT at or close to .500.  And assuming we did that, we'd have as decent of a shot at the auto bid as anyone else.  I hope we can hang in there and stay healthy.  If so the tourney will actually be fun to watch for the first time in awhile for this UNLV fan.  We might even see our home court advantage come into play for like the first time ever.

As good of a shot as anyone else? That's probably a stretch. 

5 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Too bad! He had two crazy 30 foot buzzer beaters on Saturday to go to OT and then win against AFA. No quotas for JOJo, lol

Well then he's way over his quota.  Good for whoever you guys play next.

9 hours ago, aggzilla said:

Rebs are learning how to win and showed a ton of heart to come from 20 down to take the lead late. They're on the cusp, and once they get there, they're going to be a really tough team to beat. I don't think there's any doubt that Menzies is head and shoulders above Rice. 

They need to string some victories together and then we can say they are learning to win.