Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raadsel

Michigan holding part of Spring Practice in Rome

Just when you thought the P5/G5 divide couldn't get larger, Michigan football is traveling to Rome for Spring Practice. It appears this is something Harbuagh may be wanting to do every year, though possibly changing locations each year, to help "educate" (give a recruiting advantage to) his team. Hopefully this is something the NCAA will shut down quickly. I suspect most P5s will want this stopped as most programs can't afford to do this and the top schools already have too large a recruiting advantage.

Last week they voted to not let him go to Florida. He said you know there are a lot of soccer fields in Italy let's go there.

4 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

harbaugh just whipped his junk out and slapped it on the table and is daring the ncaa to mention it

1 hour ago, raadsel said:

Just when you thought the P5/G5 divide couldn't get larger, Michigan football is traveling to Rome for Spring Practice. It appears this is something Harbuagh may be wanting to do every year, though possibly changing locations each year, to help "educate" (give a recruiting advantage to) his team. Hopefully this is something the NCAA will shut down quickly. I suspect most P5s will want this stopped as most programs can't afford to do this and the top schools already have too large a recruiting advantage.

Are you sure it isn't Rome, Georgia?

53 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

imagine if byu held their spring practice in hell.

They do....it's called Provo.

Beer, coffee, and sex are all in short supply and its full of judgmental pricks. 

"In Provo there is no beer....

that's why we drink it here....

and when we are gone from here...

our friends will be drinking all our beer...."

9 minutes ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

Beer, coffee, and sex are all in short supply and its full of judgmental pricks. 

i'm staying away from provo.

The truth is, you can count on Saban to stomp on this through the NCAA due to his dedication to "amateur" athletics.

The offseason shenanigans will be nothing short of enjoyable to watch.  Especially the part where Harbaugh and his critics will paint themselves into ideological corners.

I think this could be a conspiracy to meet up with Coach Ault in Milan to install a new pistol offense for Michigan. Of course, I kid, but they actually are fond of each other, and wouldn't surprise me at all if Ault came down for a couple days with some of his players check out practices. 

Italy is generally a dirty country and I wouldn't want to spend that much time there and away from home. 

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

The truth is, you can count on Saban to stomp on this through the NCAA due to his dedication to "amateur" athletics.

The offseason shenanigans will be nothing short of enjoyable to watch.  Especially the part where Harbaugh and his critics will paint themselves into ideological corners.

i was seriously wondering what harbaugh would come up with this year, i laughed so hard last year when he said he was going to hold a satellite camp in alabama. :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, raadsel said:

I hope the NCAA rules it as a "foreign tour" since this is occuring in the offseason, and I hope they do it after Michigan takes the trip. Just like how basketball teams go to other countries, football teams can do the same.  The big difference is that football teams are banned from postseason competition for the season that immediately follows the tour.

Regular season games and practices in foreign countries don't count as foreign tours.

Guest Dr. Dre
11 hours ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

I admittedly state that I have never been to Provo, Utah. And never will. That's just part of America that I'll have to forego before they chuck me in the clay. But for those who have, is beer/drinking permitted in the parking lot at tailgates? Would that cause a problem with the local freak show? I've heard stories. 

Guest Dr. Dre
5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

No. And yes. 

Hmmm, maybe I WILL go now. Cause some trouble. Whatta you say Stunner, You, Me, your turd of a wife, and a bottle of Knob (it's fitting- you know , with your wife 'n all) Creek? Stir up tthe wackos?

2 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

I admittedly state that I have never been to Provo, Utah. And never will. That's just part of America that I'll have to forego before they chuck me in the clay. But for those who have, is beer/drinking permitted in the parking lot at tailgates? Would that cause a problem with the local freak show? I've heard stories. 

When I drive to Vegas I go about 4 hrs out of my way so I don't have to even drive through Provo. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."