Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Executive orders

The right wingers all caterwauled over Obama's unprecedented (in their minds) use of executive orders to push his dictatorial agenda ...........so the question is, will Trump exceed the number of EO's put out by Obama ??

Obama put forth 277 EO's in his two terms 

Trump thus far sits at about 4 or 5 EO's 

For the record.......Obama 277 EO's......GWB 291 EO's.......WJC 364 EO's.........RWR 381 EO's - (left off 1 term GHWB's 166) ..........so since Reagan, the EO trend for two-term presidents has been downward...........will Trump go higher or lower ?!?!?!

12 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

The right wingers all caterwauled over Obama's unprecedented (in their minds) use of executive orders to push his dictatorial agenda ...........so the question is, will Trump exceed the number of EO's put out by Obama ??

For the record.......Obama 277 EO's......GWB 291 EO's.......WJC 364 EO's.........RWR 381 EO's - (left off 1 term GHWB's 166) ..........so since Reagan, the EO trend for two-term presidents has been downward...........will Trump go higher or lower ?!?!?!

#impeachTrump

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Trump has officially done something that I agree with --- withdrawing from TPP negotiations. 

edit: to clarify, I don't like the use of Executive Orders. That being said, if he's going to use them, this is a good reason to.

5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

It's not the number of EO's that matter.  It's the content.  Until the prez started regularly using EO's as a means to circumvent congress, most EO's were relatively benign.  Things like today is nat'l UNLV2001 day. 

But to your question, sadly I think Trump may exceed Obama in total numbers of EO's, especially if the House and/or Senate go blue in 2018. 

He will also issue a fair few to reverse much of what Obama did. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

23 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Why Hooray? 

Is this really a problem?  

I think any freeze on the enlargement of the 3.6 trillion dollar a year monstrosity on the Potomac is good. And seeing as how it's only going to grow and grow very soon, I'll take my one chance to celebrate a shrinking government.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

I think any freeze on the enlargement of the 3.6 trillion dollar a year monstrosity on the Potomac is good. And seeing as how it's only going to grow and grow very soon, I'll take my one chance to celebrate a shrinking government.

http://www.gao.gov/products/FPCD-82-21

http://www.gao.gov/assets/140/137055.pdf

It will be interesting to see the actual wording of the EO.  If it is an absolute hiring freeze, then Cheeto Dipshit just made it so he cannot fill out the rest of his staff and team (not confirmed cabinet members).  

If its like most hiring freezes, it usually doesn't mean no new hires - it just means hires have to come from higher up the ladder. 

You also wonder if it applies to veterans who get vet-preference for a lot of federal positions.  Trump just fucked them over.  Also, so much for helping the lower/middle class with that whole job situation. 

Let's be clear:  it's DEFENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY, and MEDICARE.  The rest of the budget really means fuckall. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

3 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

It will be interesting to see the actual wording of the EO.  If it is an absolute hiring freeze, then Cheeto Dipshit just made it so he cannot fill out the rest of his staff and team (not confirmed cabinet members).  

If its like most hiring freezes, it usually doesn't mean no new hires - it just means hires have to come from higher up the ladder. 

You also wonder if it applies to veterans who get vet-preference for a lot of federal positions.  Trump just fucked them over.  Also, so much for helping the lower/middle class with that whole job situation. 

Let's be clear:  it's DEFENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY, and MEDICARE.  The rest of the budget really means fuckall. 

It's pretty much defense spending & the rest is piddly amounts - Social Security & Medicare are just focus of conservatives 

Image result

7 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

I'm not cheering it as good policy. It's a symbolic gesture which I'm symbolically cheering. Trump and congress are about to spend like sailors.

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

It's pretty much defense spending & the rest is piddly amounts - Social Security & Medicare are just focus of conservatives 

Image result

Lol where is the rest of it?

You're looking at discretionary spending; I'm talking about mandatory spending. 

Lemme find a chart. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.