kingpotato

The transformation of Boise State signee Casdon Jardine

The CSI transfer who was fresh off of his mission is starting to find his footing. After leading his team to state in HS, the kid was super rusty at the beginning of the JC season, but is starting to find his groove. He is also getting used to the transformation of his body/position. He left for his mission a 6-5 180# swingman and came back a 6-7 225# PF. 

I can't wait to get him into the Bronco 'roid program. Here is the difference:

New Boise State basketball commit Casdon Jardine won a 4A state championship at Twin Falls High in 2014 before going on his LDS mission. He will join the Broncos for the 2017-18 season.

photo of Casdon Jardine

• Like 2

On 1/23/2017 at 0:33 PM, kingpotato said:

The CSI transfer who was fresh off of his mission is starting to find his footing. After leading his team to state in HS, the kid was super rusty at the beginning of the JC season, but is starting to find his groove. He is also getting used to the transformation of his body/position. He left for his mission a 6-5 180# swingman and came back a 6-7 225# PF. 

New Boise State basketball commit Casdon Jardine won a 4A state championship at Twin Falls High in 2014 before going on his LDS mission. He will join the Broncos for the 2017-18 season.

photo of Casdon Jardine

Damn he is ripped no homo.

7 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Damn he is ripped no homo.

I'm mad about this. 

• Like 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, he put on some serious muscle 

It is maddening that the little brother of a former Aggie player (still lives in Logan with season tix ) would go to Boise State. Staff dropped the ball. I have high levels of butthurt. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

18 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I'm mad about this. 

I went onto the baggie site when he committed. They were pretty pissed over there. Most on there still think Utah State is a better program than Boise and shouldn't lose recruits to the Broncos. That's just not the case anymore. Having Brady being a baggie made them think it was in the bag  

4 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

It is maddening that the little brother of a former Aggie player (still lives in Logan with season tix ) would go to Boise State. Staff dropped the ball. I have high levels of butthurt. 

Sometimes siblings want to blaze their own trail. Boise has lost out on siblings in football many times 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

I went onto the baggie site when he committed. They were pretty pissed over there. Most on there still think Utah State is a better program than Boise and shouldn't lose recruits to the Broncos. That's just not the case anymore. Having Brady being a baggie made them think it was in the bag  

Boise and USU are more or less peers in hoops. You'd think you had a very good chance at landing, say Sperbeck's little brother (if he had one being recruited). Now imagine him committing to USU. That's why it's so maddening and that's what it felt like losing him. 

• Like 1

I don't think he is gunna be a star or anything, but I do think Leon has been trying like crazy to land a guy like Casdon. A stretch 4 that can guard multiple positions, can pull other teams bigs away from the basket, but also crash the boards. I'm hoping he is a dirt devil. Boise has been missing that the last couple of years 

8 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Boise and USU are more or less peers in hoops. You'd think you had a very good chance at landing, say Sperbeck's little brother (if he had one being recruited). Now imagine him committing to USU. That's why it's so maddening and that's what it felt like losing him. 

I get it. 

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yup, just like how we didn't get Pettis' cousin (went to UW with Pete) or Sean Modster's (current WR) younger brother who was a 4* quarterback (UCLA).

Yeah, Fanouchi's brother went to Iowa. Altieri's brother went to Arizona State. It seems like we had the in on a lot of those guys. We were able to get Kirby Moore who had some really good offers 

On 1/23/2017 at 7:33 PM, kingpotato said:

photo of Casdon Jardine

Just wait until we get him to our illegal underground off-season training facility!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Casdon had a bout with mono, but came back for the tournament. There are a couple of CSI boosters on the Bronco board that have been giving updates on him. This is what they had to say:

"Missed the last 6 games of conference with mono. Got cleared by the doctor the day before the start of the regional tournament. Rusty in the semi final game against Salt Lake but made some huge hustle plays. In the championship against Snow played really well had 16 pts and 10 reb. Really is a calming force for the team. Snow beat CSI 4 times in the season. Snow made a huge run to start the second half and went up 10. Everyone thought it was over. Cas hit a 3 to give CSI a one point lead and then later another 3 to tie. CSI pulled out a win by 10. They travel to Arizona this weekend to play a district game, winner goes to nationals."

"Cas has developed into a major part of this team. Apparently his bout with mono was just a temporary setback. He hustles like every play is the last one of the game. Very tough rebounder. I hope CSI makes it to nationals. (They should.) It will be interesting to see how Cas does against a little higher level of competition. I expect he will be a standout."

He sounds like he could be a bigger more talented Rob Heyer. I would love that. We've really been missing that blue-collar dirtdog the last two years. Someone whose stats don't show what he brings to the court