Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

Anybody watch that Trump speech to the CIA?

Some highlights

Most ominously

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

FWIW, he also talked about how he's been on TIME magazine more than Tom Brady, and how yuggee his crowds were at the inauguration.

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

I never trust tweets containing quotes as it's impossible to gage accuracy or context.  Some of the tweets above to me don't come across as poorly when you hear them in context.  Trumps CIA speech is all over YouTube.  I urge you to go hear it for yourself.  That said his arrogance and self-adulatory statements are as disgusting as ever.  His statement about keeping the oil and maybe we'll get another chance with regard to Iraq is just wrongheaded and dangerous.  As president it shouldn't even be joked about let alone considered.  Whining about his inauguration coverage is also incredibly shallow and not worthy of comment.

41 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

If you thought this was batshit lunacy, you should check out Sean spicers first press conference. Wtf did you do America?

I saw the first few minutes of it but had to leave.  I didn't see anything out of line. 

To your question, what America did was reject the lunacy of the left.  And the left, by virtue of their words and deeds, validated our choice. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I wouldn't call it a press conference, as my conception of a press conference has a concluding sequence where a press secretary takes questions. No questions were allowed according to the news report I just watched. Of course it was CNN so maybe fake. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

45 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I saw the first few minutes of it but had to leave.  I didn't see anything out of line. 

To your question, what America did was reject the lunacy of the left.  And the left, by virtue of their words and deeds, validated our choice. 

You didn't think using his first opportunity to speak with reporters to argue about the size of the crowd at the inauguration was out of line? That didn't strike you as an absolutely insane way to begin this presidency? Every communication from trump or someone on his team is like a report from an outpost in the upside down. Spicer showed up an hour late and then literally contradicted reality. He lied straight to our faces over trivial, inconsequential bullshit. His aim was clearly to bully. It's gonna be a loooong 4 years.

tell me more about the lunacy of the left though. Did obama hurt your feefees you wittle snowflake? I know. The bad black man used too many big words. Don't worry. Papa trump gonna make it all better. See? He's already making sure those lousy poor people can't get healthcare or keep their homes. Is that a nice kiss for your little boo boo? 

52 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I wouldn't call it a press conference, as my conception of a press conference has a concluding sequence where a press secretary takes questions. No questions were allowed according to the news report I just watched. Of course it was CNN so maybe fake. 

Not a single question. He cried and walked away. 

I feel really sorry for whoever we elect as jizzmopper-in-chief in 2020. He or she will have quite a mess to clean up.

Clearly Bannon's Trump's agenda is an all put assault on the media.  

I don't care about your ideology,  that is some Third Reich shit right there.   There's a reason freedom of the press is the very first amendment.  

Even Bill f-cking Kristol is terrified of this new regime.  

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

You're a clown show. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

Spicer said that the government will hold the media accountable. Uh, isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Disturbing

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

No, here's the full thing to my knowledge

50 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Spicer said that the government will hold the media accountable. Uh, isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Disturbing

The full quote was "There's been a lot of talk in the media about the responsibility to hold Donald Trump accountable and I'm here to tell you that it goes two ways.  We're going to hold the press accountable as well.  The American people deserve better and as long as he serves as the messenger of this incredible movement he will take his message directly to the American people where his focus will always be."

As I read it Spicer acknowledges that it is the job of the press to hold the president accountable but that the administration will also dispute and correct when the media in their opinion gets it wrong.  I'm not arguing the validity of Spicers claims in this odd to say the least press breifing but I don't interpret his above statement that the Trump administration will hold the media accountable to mean anything other than challenging the validity of what they report.  Every administration in history has done this albeit probably not in such a thin skinned or childish manner.

Disturbing would be Spicer threatening either outright or veiled to deny access to or jail those in the media who post unfavorable stories or tweets about Trump.  If this administration ever does this I'll gladly cry foul and call for impeachment.

1 minute ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

The full quote was "There's been a lot of talk in the media about the responsibility to hold Donald Trump accountable and I'm here to tell you that it goes two ways.  We're going to hold the press accountable as well.  The American people deserve better and as long as he serves as the messenger of this incredible movement he will take his message directly to the American people where his focus will always be."

As I read it Spicer acknowledges that it is the job of the press to hold the president accountable but that the administration will also dispute and correct when the media in their opinion gets it wrong.  I'm not arguing the validity of Spicers claims in this odd to say the least press breifing but I don't interpret his above statement that the Trump administration will hold the media accountable to mean anything other than challenging the validity of what they report.  Every administration in history has done this albeit probably not in such a thin skinned or childish manner.

Disturbing would be Spicer threatening either outright or veiled to deny access to or jail those in the media who post unfavorable stories or tweets about Trump.  If this administration ever does this I'll gladly cry foul and call for impeachment.

After trumps comments about libel laws, calling anything he doesn't like as fake news, and attempting to monopolize truth how could you read it as anything other than government clamping down on media?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

No, here's the full thing to my knowledge

Dear, god. That was some whiny lunatic ass shit. Can you imagine how icky this guy and Kelly Ann Conway must really feel in their heart of hearts.  I pity them.

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

After trumps comments about libel laws, calling anything he doesn't like as fake news, and attempting to monopolize truth how could you read it as anything other than government clamping down on media?

The next step will be to create a state run media so the good people of the U.S.A. will know the real truth about their dear leader.

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Because the Trump administration hasn't actually done anything to clamp down on the media.  In what way is the press less able to report today than they were the day before yesterday?  His comments about loosening libel laws during the campaign were disturbing to me and one of many reasons I couldn't vote for him.  However, the libel comments were made by candidate Trump.  I'll change my opinion if he actually threatens a reporter or media organization with legal action or instructs his administration to pursue loosening libel laws.  Whining about fake news and insisting his interpretation of events is unpresidential and petty for sure but I just don't see how it qualifies as clamping down on media.  We'll probably have to agree to disagree here.

5 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Because the Trump administration hasn't actually done anything to clamp down on the media.  In what way is the press less able to report today than they were the day before yesterday?  His comments about loosening libel laws during the campaign were disturbing to me and one of many reasons I couldn't vote for him.  However, the libel comments were made by candidate Trump.  I'll change my opinion if he actually threatens a reporter or media organization with legal action or instructs his administration to pursue loosening libel laws.  Whining about fake news and insisting his interpretation of events is unpresidential and petty for sure but I just don't see how it qualifies as clamping down on media.  We'll probably have to agree to disagree here.

Uh... The trump administration hasn't done anything to clamp down on anything. They're a day and a half old

5 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.