Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Women's march/protest

10 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Well, it'd be quite hard when you have years of shitty stuff coming out of his mouth

Im sure it is, but some people pretend like he can change their mind, but in reality want him to grab a pussy so he can be impeached.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

33 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Yes except you can't you use that straw man do dismiss anyone who is a racist, misogynist, or xenophobe.

Trump isn't a racist, xenophobe or a misogynist, or any other generic liberal buzzword used to describe their political rivals. Please find me a direct quote from Trump that is directly hating on gays, woman in general, or people of different race.-- Trump may have thin skin and say stupid shit sometimes, but he isn't 1/1,000,000th the boogeyman liberals have made him out to be.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Just now, Rebels18 said:

Trump isn't a racist, xenophobe or a misogynist, or any other generic liberal buzzword used to describe their political rivals. Please find me a direct quote from Trump that is directly hating on gays, woman in general, or people of different race.-- Trump may have thin skin and say stupid shit sometimes, but he isn't 1/1,000,000th the boogeyman liberals have made him out to be.

"They're rapists, they're criminals, and some, I assume, are good people" - that is racist

Banning any muslims from entering the country "until we figure out what is going on" - that is xenophobic. Like... textbook xenophobic

The debate stopped being whether he is xenophobic or racist but whether xenophobia and racism were legitimate policies. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

21 minutes ago, happycamper said:

"They're rapists, they're criminals, and some, I assume, are good people" - that is racist

That is not racist. It's just a statement of fact: many(but not all) people entering the country illegally and coyotes who are smuggling people into this country ARE in fact criminals and rapists. He's not calling ALL Mexicans and South Americans criminals and rapist. Just saying we need to stop those who ARE from entering the country. Illegal Immigrants make up about 3% of the population in this country, and account for 13.6% of all offenders sentenced for crimes committed in the U.S. This isn't racism. Trump is just pointing out statistics, 

Huffinginton Post (who is anti-Trump as you can get) did an article citing research that 80% of Central American girls crossing the border are RAPED. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/12/central-america-migrants-rape_n_5806972.html

I spend about half my time in Phoenix on business, and I can tell you without a doubt that what Trump is saying is true. Coyotes often use raping girls as a form of currency for woman to pay to ferry them into the states. Not only that, drugs are smuggled into this country through Mexico. Illegal immigration is ILLEGAL. Not only are we harboring their worst, we are also harboring their best...those who are motivated to make a better life for themself also reinforces the problems in Mexico without fixing it. But if they want to come to the U.S, they are more than welcome to LEGALLY without getting mixed in with those who have intent to do harm.

Banning any muslims from entering the country "until we figure out what is going on" - that is xenophobic. Like... textbook xenophobic

The debate stopped being whether he is xenophobic or racist but whether xenophobia and racism were legitimate policies. 

Completely false and a typical liberal misquote. Trump never said ban ANY Muslim. What Trump said was  “When I’m elected I will suspend immigration from areas of the world where there’s a proven history of terrorism against the United States, Europe or our allies until we fully understand how to end these threats" This isn't xenophobic, when people are coming from these countries with the intent to kill Americans with vehicles, guns, knives---It's common sense to try to stop it.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Is he truly a racist or does he just not know how to speak like a president...or a normal person?

I have a hard time justifying the guy as a racist just because he said a few of the wrong words while trying to get his point across on the campaign.

Not only that. Trump has no filter. The guys spits out whats on his mind whether it be in the middle of a speech or a thought while hes taking a shit and puts it on twitter.

If he was a racist I feel like we have a lot more ammunition to back up that claim.

I don't buy the judge thing either. It was clear on what his intent was when he said those things. He wasn't claiming the judge couldn't do the job simply because of the color of his skin. It was that he felt the judge had a bias and wasn't being impartial to his case for many reasons.

Trump has said some stupid shit no doubt, but I think it's too dismissive to just label the guy things he probably isn't simply because he's a horrible speaker and lacks any potential of presidential mannerism.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Y'all Trumpkins need to quit with the apologist somersaults. There is such thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome, but defending his rhetoric concerning Mexican immigration is a losing battle. That was textbook racist rhetoric. The fact is that he used public safety as the reason to keep Mexicans out of the country, associating Mexicans with violent crime, when in fact illegal immigrants statistically are less dangerous than citizens. He fed into racist stereotypes to gin up support from white voters who live in communities where they don't actually live around illegal immigrants from Mexico. Simple as that. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Is he truly a racist or does he just not know how to speak like a president...or a normal person?

I have a hard time justifying the guy as a racist just because he said a few of the wrong words while trying to get his point across on the campaign.

Not only that. Trump has no filter. The guys spits out whats on his mind whether it be in the middle of a speech or a thought while hes taking a shit and puts it on twitter.

If he was a racist I feel like we have a lot more ammunition to back up that claim.

I don't buy the judge thing either. It was clear on what his intent was when he said those things. He wasn't claiming the judge couldn't do the job simply because of the color of his skin. It was that he felt the judge had a bias and wasn't being impartial to his case for many reasons.

Trump has said some stupid shit no doubt, but I think it's too dismissive to just label the guy things he probably isn't simply because he's a horrible speaker and lacks any potential of presidential mannerism.

Why couldn't Judge Curiel do his job?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

6 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Y'all Trumpkins need to quit with the apologist somersaults. There is such thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome, but defending his rhetoric concerning Mexican immigration is a losing battle. That was textbook racist rhetoric. The fact is that he used public safety as the reason to keep Mexicans out of the country, associating Mexicans with violent crime, when in fact illegal immigrants statistically are less dangerous than citizens. He fed into racist stereotypes to gin up support from white voters who live in communities where they don't actually live around illegal immigrants from Mexico. Simple as that. 

The fact that you may be defending "illegals" in any capacity - you've already lost the battle.  There's not another country in the world where you can just show up and pretend to be a citizen.  And regardless how much some of you might think this is ok, its not and its going to stop.  What the US also needs to do however is increase the legal immigration from Mexico and central American countries.  

41 minutes ago, pokerider said:

The fact that you may be defending "illegals" in any capacity - you've already lost the battle.  There's not another country in the world where you can just show up and pretend to be a citizen.  And regardless how much some of you might think this is ok, its not and its going to stop.  What the US also needs to do however is increase the legal immigration from Mexico and central American countries.  

In any capacity?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

9 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Exactly. You are arguing that racism and xenophobia are good policies.

I think the march was important.  The leader of the free world has said some terrible things about women.  Some sort of statement coming from the women of the country was warranted.  A lot of republican women at the march in Boise.

I also think it is important to mock and ridicule the more ridiculous things people believe and do, like talking about blowing up the white house.  Or people simply wanting to think they are victims, when they are not.

Checks and balances or something.

When I get back to my desktop computer i will post pictures and videos of women lining up to hug the Boise police department during and after the rally. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

9 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

When I get back to my desktop computer i will post pictures and videos of women lining up to hug the Boise police department during and after the rally. 

Thanks.  The more I hear about it the more I wish I would have gone instead of watching basketball.

The government lawyers also interviewed several people who said executives for Trump Management discouraged rental agents from renting to black people. In one case, the government said the company’s comptroller instructed a rental agent to attach a sheet of paper that said "C" for "colored" to every application submitted by a person of color.

4 hours ago, pokerider said:

The fact that you equate a provable, true statement about illegal immigrants and crime with "defending" illegal immigrants shows that logic is lost on you. I made no comment about my take on border security, just about rhetoric and facts. Though I do find it ironic that I guarantee that I am more affected negatively by illegal immigration than you, and yet I still care about the truth and care to humanize these people. Why is that?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

54 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

The fact that you equate a provable, true statement about illegal immigrants and crime with "defending" illegal immigrants shows that logic is lost on you. I made no comment about my take on border security, just about rhetoric and facts. Though I do find it ironic that I guarantee that I am more affected negatively by illegal immigration than you, and yet I still care about the truth and care to humanize these people. Why is that?

It's actually pretty typical. I read an article awhile back which showed that hysteria about the border and immigrants actually increases with distance from the southern border. I can see Mexico from my street (ala Sarah Palin) and the border is way down on my list of concerns. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 hours ago, Jwherb said:

When I get back to my desktop computer i will post pictures and videos of women ........ AA collects his thoughts ........  lining up to hug the Boise police department during and after the rally. 

i got very excited there for a moment

6 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

It's actually pretty typical. I read an article awhile back which showed that hysteria about the border and immigrants actually increases with distance from the southern border. I can see Mexico from my street (ala Sarah Palin) and the border is way down on my list of concerns. 

Which totally validates claims that racism played a role in Trump' s election. I actuaactually have some prety conservative takes on the border, but I always find it curious when white People in the rust belt get red faced about illegal immigration when They are not affected by it in any measurable way.