Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Who was the best Star Trek Captain?

Greatest Captain EVAR!  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Votr!

• Captain James T. Kirk (Prime Universe)
    • Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    • Commander/Captain Benjamin Sisko
    • Captain Katheryn Janeway
    • Captain Jonathan Archer
    • Captain James T. Kirk (Kelvin Timeline Universe)
    • NERDS!

18 minutes ago, mugtang said:

He also sold his soul to get the Romulans to declare war against the Dominion.  None of the other captains would have even considered that and would’ve balked at it even if it meant the destruction of the Federation.  Now, Riker or Chakotay would’ve crossed that line in a heart beat. But Picard, Janeway and Kirk wouldn’t have. 

Crazy talk.  Kirk would have done the same thing.  Kirk chose the lesser of two evils all the time.  Remember when he armed the aliens that were in a war with a proxy of the Klingons even though he knew it would lead to endless war and escalation?

And Sisko didn't do it, he let garak do it, while maintaining plausible deniability.  Then he regretted doing it.  But, Sisko was at least honest to himself and admitted he'd do it all over again.

Sisko was bloody awesome.

24 minutes ago, mugtang said:

He also sold his soul to get the Romulans to declare war against the Dominion.  None of the other captains would have even considered that and would’ve balked at it even if it meant the destruction of the Federation.  Now, Riker or Chakotay would’ve crossed that line in a heart beat. But Picard, Janeway and Kirk wouldn’t have. 

it all depends on what stereotypical native american culture the writers decide to base him off that week...it's like they used random dice rolls to pick his hobbies...one week it's anthropology...one week it's boxing...one week it's 21st century astronauts...one week it's mushroom soup

mem skyline sig.jpeg

9 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

it all depends on what stereotypical native american culture the writers decide to base him off that week...it's like they used random dice rolls to pick his hobbies...one week it's anthropology...one week it's boxing...one week it's 21st century astronauts...one week it's mushroom soup

I liked his character but they really phucked his development. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

I liked his character but they really phucked his development. 

I hear they passed on Edward James Olmos for the role...he would have killed it opposite Kate Mulgrew.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

15 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Crazy talk.  Kirk would have done the same thing.  Kirk chose the lesser of two evils all the time.  Remember when he armed the aliens that were in a war with a proxy of the Klingons even though he knew it would lead to endless war and escalation?

And Sisko didn't do it, he let garak do it, while maintaining plausible deniability.  Then he regretted doing it.  But, Sisko was at least honest to himself and admitted he'd do it all over again.

Sisko was bloody awesome.

I’ll give you Kirk. Sisko knew full well what he was getting into with Garak, who was one of my favorite recurring characters btw. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I hear they passed on Edward James Olmos for the role...he would have killed it opposite Kate Mulgrew.

Yes he would have. But then he wouldn’t have been Adama on BSG and it’s hard to imagine anybody else playing that role now.