Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Air Force at UNLV

34 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I had been wondering that too. But I also thought that MM did a pretty good job in preparing them for that, those back door lanes just weren't always there. 

That's because of the zone defense.  The princeton offense doesn't work against the zone.

21 minutes ago, Zoomie said:

Instead of back door cuts we chose to pass to guys not open. Congrats Rebs

Both teams played like garbage.  There was plenty of bad basketball to go around and nobody really deserved to win. I bet the Falcons get revenge at Clune so hang in there.

5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Both teams played like garbage.  There was plenty of bad basketball to go around and nobody really deserved to win. I bet the Falcons get revenge at Clune so hang in there.

How UNLV managed to win at the PIT still boggles the mind :blink:

At this point (this year) I just take any win UNLV can get and hope the Rebels don't get blown out 

35 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

At this point (this year) I just take any win UNLV can get and hope the Rebels don't get blown out 

I've never seen a more schizophrenic MW. SDSU, UNM, Boise, Fresno, CSU...It's really hard to predict how these teams will play on any given night.

Just now, toonkee said:

I've never seen a more schizophrenic MW. SDSU, UNM, Boise, Fresno, CSU...It's really hard to predict how these teams will play on any given night.

Count on nothing and expect anything ! 

Considering what Menzies started with and what he ended up with, you have to hand it to him, he is doing a very good job.  Give him a chance like you did with what's his name  (Rice) and see how he does.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

2 minutes ago, Super six said:

What was UNLV thinking when they hired this guy?

you're kidding, right? tell me you've been in a cave since last april and don't have a clue what's happened here since then.

and fwiw, if you had watched a unlv game early in the season, you would see how much MM has coached these kids up. i'll take him over rice any day.

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

at the beginning of the season i predicted 12 wins for unlv. 2 more to go, anything on top of that is bonus.

8 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

at the beginning of the season i predicted 12 wins for unlv. 2 more to go, anything on top of that is bonus.

I said 14, I think, but I really wanted to get to 18 somehow just so MM could have equaled what Rice did with NBA players.

oh, and i guess mooring learned his lesson about stupid fouls, he didn't have any tonight, unless he got one late in the second OT.

good effort off the bench from clyburn and baxter. hopefully with hitting a late 3, maybe tyrell green's confidence will come back. i don't know if it was visible on TV, but when he hit that mooring was really talking him up on the court. i thought dembele looked a little out of his element tonight with all those guards swarming around, lol.

41 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

you're kidding, right? tell me you've been in a cave since last april and don't have a clue what's happened here since then.

and fwiw, if you had watched a unlv game early in the season, you would see how much MM has coached these kids up. i'll take him over rice any day.

It's why UNLV fans still run this board.

Most knowledgeable fan base there is on basketball and this conference. (SDSU and UNM guys up there)

I'm amazed at these game threads against every team though...

"Wow what happened to UNLV?"

"Is it snowing in Vegas? Why only 8k?"

"Why did you guys hire this guy?"

Or Reno fans dropping RPI like it's still relevant to the NCAAT.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Jan 21, 2017

Marvin Menzies year 1

10-10 Record. 3-4 In the MWC.

Final record: ???

Jan 21, 2015

Dave Rice year 4

10-9 Record. 1-5 in the MWC.

Final record:  18-15. 8-10 in the MWC.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 hours ago, HollyWood- said:

How do both teams not foul up 3 with a couple seconds left? Especially Van's  where he goes coast to coast and could have easily been fouled just past half court. 

MM was talking about this to jon sandler in the post game. he DID tell them to foul, apparently that's always his MO, but he says "he (i'm not going to name names, but you'll see it on the replay) just ran up the court with him, got screened, there should have been a switch anyway, but they were supposed to foul in the back court. he wouldn't say who it was (poyser) but that they'd be talking..

when i got home last night i rewatched the end of the game, and had to watch the last play of regulation 3 or 4 times to see who was inbounding the ball, because he kind of just stood there and watched for a second (i kind of can't blame him. :o). i hadn't even realized bush had gotten into the game, lol. and btw, that was a nice inbounds play MM drew up to get mooring (sort of) open.

img