Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Air Force at UNLV

As Jerry use to say the game was not a Rembrandt but you’ll take the W.  UNLV was shooting just about 29% late in the 2nd half and managed in the end to get it just below 34% and win.  

Free throws were a big key.  Somehow Air Force who came in shooting 75% at the line ended up at 15 for 27.  UNLV while not great by any means ended up at 22 for 33 outshooting the Falcons by a little over 10% at the line. 

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Air Force is so bad that they can't even beat us when we're at our absolute bottom point as a program.

Air Force beat us last year.  And the year before that.

That was rock bottom.

We are on the way back up now.

UNLV goes 3-4 over first 7 MWC games...........at one time it looked like a 1-6 start was possible with that lobe win coming against AF, which seemed tougher than some other MWC opponents 

AFA just cam off giving UNR a decent run 

7 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Air Force is so bad that they can't even beat us when we're at our absolute bottom point as a program.

Eh, you obviously can't compare UNLV and AF's programs, but they've split their last 8 games with you

8 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

As Jerry use to say the game was not a Rembrandt but you’ll take the W.  UNLV was shooting just about 29% late in the 2nd half and managed in the end to get it just below 34% and win.  

Free throws were a big key.  Somehow Air Force who came in shooting 75% at the line ended up at 15 for 27.  UNLV while not great by any means ended up at 22 for 33 outshooting the Falcons by a little over 10% at the line. 

The Rebs scared me at the end of that second OT with 5 or 6 misses at the line.  I was worried that was going to be the game. Just get it to JoJo..

Just now, sebasour said:

Eh, you obviously can't compare UNLV and AF's programs, but they've split their last 8 games with you

Pay no attention - he generally gets things wrong - would be a good press spokesman for Trump Circus where facts & reality are optional 

2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Air Force beat us last year.  And the year before that.

That was rock bottom.

We are on the way back up now.

I would contend that this is the bottom point because getting rid of Dave Rice made it official that we're restarting.

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Pay no attention - he generally gets things wrong - would be a good press spokesman for Trump Circus where facts & reality are optional 

I'm not a Trump supporter.  Also, like I figured, we played zone today.

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Liberalism is a mental disorder.  Healthcare and banking are the two most regulated industries by the government, and both are absolute disasters.