Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

Trump signs Executive Order regarding Obamacare

He's not F'ing around.  He did quite a lot as prez-elect by meeting with CEO's and true to his word, he got busy laying the ground work for  repealing Obamacare on day one. 

Next week will be interesting 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Good. One campaign promise kept. Obama Care was eating itself already, Pres Trump is just trying to put it out of it's misery. Good riddance.

Also apparently signed an order that would stop a decrease in mortgage insurance premiums.  

Explain that to me.  How does that help middle America? 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

28 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Also apparently signed an order that would stop a decrease in mortgage insurance premiums.  

Explain that to me.  How does that help middle America? 

It's already a sellers market in many places. This would serve to increase demand on an already limited supply, sending prices even higher and raising the barrier for first time buyers to get a home. They did a similar cut in 2015 in the hopes that a bunch of new buyers would enter the market, but the results were far below the goals and it mainly served to drive the market higher.

The market is due for a correction, in my opinion at least, and it may be the reasoning is we don't want FHA being caught in a tight spot when the shoe drops and people start defaulting. The agency is funded by these premiums and it needed to be bailed out back in 2013. The agency has since recovered and has met its congressionally mandated goals to be prepared in the case of a market shock the past two years, but some feel those goals are insufficient. I'm guessing they don't want to take any chances.

tl,dr It's a bad time in the market for the cut to be really effective. They don't want the FHA to go belly up if things go south in a hurry.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

Good. One campaign promise kept. Obama Care was eating itself already, Pres Trump is just trying to put it out of it's misery. Good riddance.

I will believe his promises of American first when the worlds largest economy led by such a great negotiator pays the worlds lowest drug prices.

27 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I will believe his promises of American first when the worlds largest economy led by such a great negotiator pays the worlds lowest drug prices.

Don't count on that one, we've got both dems and repubs working against that. Can't go against big pharma 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

35 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

It would be a tragedy if he did. All those people that will die needlessly in the coming years because all those drugs were never developed. I hope my kids aren't among them.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

22 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It would be a tragedy if he did. All those people that will die needlessly in the coming years because all those drugs were never developed. I hope my kids aren't among them.

Oh so US consumers should bear all the global R&D costs for German companies?  

Please explain your logic on that position?

Many times price increases have nothing to do with R&D.  It's merely companies exploiting a vertical demand curve because Congress makes it easier for them by passing laws restricting the government from negotiating drug costs and making it illegal to buy drugs overseas.

https://hbr.org/2016/07/price-gouging-and-the-dangerous-new-breed-of-pharma-companies

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Oh so US consumers should bear all the global costs for R&D for German companies?  

Please explain your logic on that position?

It's not that we should, it's just the way things are. The rest of the world leaches off American consumers by extorting drug companies. It's a failure in our diplomacy. But that doesn't change the fact that we want those drugs that save, extend, and improve life. Doing the same thing as those other countries just means those who get sick in the future are screwed. Nobody else is paying for those wonderful drugs and their not likely to start. We want those drugs, at least those of us do who hate seeing sick kids die needlessly, or in 10 or 20 years might want to live to see our grandkids, or even just travel the world in middle/old age. The drug companies don't have any right to those profits, nor do those unwilling to pay for those drugs have any right if shit hits the fan in the future to an extended life and all the possibilities that entails.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It's already a sellers market in many places. This would serve to increase demand on an already limited supply, sending prices even higher and raising the barrier for first time buyers to get a home. They did a similar cut in 2015 in the hopes that a bunch of new buyers would enter the market, but the results were far below the goals and it mainly served to drive the market higher.

The market is due for a correction, in my opinion at least, and it may be the reasoning is we don't want FHA being caught in a tight spot when the shoe drops and people start defaulting. The agency is funded by these premiums and it needed to be bailed out back in 2013. The agency has since recovered and has met its congressionally mandated goals to be prepared in the case of a market shock the past two years, but some feel those goals are insufficient. I'm guessing they don't want to take any chances.

tl,dr It's a bad time in the market for the cut to be really effective. They don't want the FHA to go belly up if things go south in a hurry.

So bloat FHA dollars to pump into the market so the riskier buyers can afford homes, at the sake of the current owners, and their costs?

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

It's not that we should, it's just the way things are. The rest of the world leaches off American consumers by extorting drug companies. It's a failure in our diplomacy. But that doesn't change the fact that we want those drugs that save, extend, and improve life. Doing the same thing as those other countries just means those who get sick in the future are screwed. Nobody else is paying for those wonderful drugs and their not likely to start. We want those drugs, at least those of us do who hate seeing sick kids die needlessly, or in 10 or 20 years might want to live to see our grandkids, or even just travel the world in middle/old age. The drug companies don't have any right to those profits, nor do those unwilling to pay for those drugs have any right if shit hits the fan in the future to an extended life and all the possibilities that entails.

And you think they want their kids to die?   You think they are going to choose to go out of business or adjust their business model?  

You also don't address much of the basic research is done by academia and much of the pricing his demand curve related and has no relation to R&D costs. 

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

So bloat FHA dollars to pump into the market so the riskier buyers can afford homes, at the sake of the current owners, and their costs?

Well that's what the FHA hoped for in the 2015 cut. They aimed for 250,000 new buyers but reported 180,000. According to the AEI, who MSNBC said Trump was listening to on this, only 35,000 of those were buyers who wouldn't otherwise have entered the market. The rest either would have entered anyway due to the improving economy or would otherwise have used other GSE's (Fannie and Freddie).

6 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

And you think they want their kids to die?   You think they are going to choose to go out of business or adjust their business model?  

You also don't address much of the basic research is done by academia and much of the pricing his demand curve related and has no relation to R&D costs. 

If the return on investment is not there then no, its not going to magically be paid for out of the goodness of their hearts. It costs billions of dollars to bring a drug to market, and the vast majority of drugs fail to even get there.

The research done by Academia results in scant few new drugs and is extremely inefficient compared to the private sector.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Current home owners already have the ins cost built into their loans. They aren't any worse off

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If the return on investment is not there then no, its not going to magically be paid for out of the goodness of their hearts. It costs billions of dollars to bring a drug to market, and the vast majority of drugs fail to even get there.

The research done by Academia results in scant few new drugs and is extremely inefficient compared to the private sector.

1) Much of the basic research is done by academia.  

2) You also ignore the analysis by the Harvard Business Review that often these days the price increase has no relationship to R&D costs

3) You expect the US Consumer to bear the entire cost of the R&D because in your mind only US parents care about the health of their kids.   

4) based on the above you are fully okay with the US Congress being bought by big Pharma to pass laws to restrict the only possible hindrances to unfettered price increases: government negotiation of prices ( done by every other country) , US consumers buying drugs from other countries....

and you wonder why Trump kicked the shit out of mainstream Republicans in the primaries.  +++++ing unbelievable....

6 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He's not F'ing around.  He did quite a lot as prez-elect by meeting with CEO's and true to his word, he got busy laying the ground work for  repealing Obamacare on day one. 

Next week will be interesting 

Nice feel good measure that does absolutely nothing.   The text makes me lol because it doesn't actually direct anyone to do anything specific.   Not surprising since he probably doesn't know how the ACA works.   It is a great con job for his low info voters,  though. 

Posted Image