Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

Say something nice about Obama

11 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

When Barack Obama was first elected, I thought he was an arrogant narcissist asshole who looked down his nose at his vile lowly subjects. Over time I believe the stresses of the office and realities of life changed his character a bit. Although Obama still made some very partisan comments, he became a lot more tolerable, and dare I say even fun, during the latter part of his second term. Put another way, I believe he became somewhat less partisan and more presidential. 

Bsu top 25: Obama made me regret presidential term limits

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, happycamper said:

Bsu top 25: Obama made me regret presidential term limits

No matter who the successor is, no president should serve more than eight years. And let's not kid ourselves, Obama was far from being the ideal president. His legacy on war, FOIA, personal privacy, whistleblowers, etc. leave a lot to be desired. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

No matter who the successor is, no president should serve more than eight years. And let's not kid ourselves, Obama was far from being the ideal president. His legacy on war, FOIA, personal privacy, whistleblowers, etc. leave a lot to be desired. 

Well it is a conflict isn't it? You need really at least 5 years to even be able to do the job as President with probably 10 to be really good at it and you have to know how to do it immediately.

Makes sense to me why consummate insiders seem to do so much better. Nixon got a TON done because he'd been in Washington for forever and had been the VP in the '50s. Johnson had been in the Senate for 30 years before he became President. While Eisenhower wasn't formally in Washington it is impossible to be a high ranking general and not be able to play the political game. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Well it is a conflict isn't it? You need really at least 5 years to even be able to do the job as President with probably 10 to be really good at it and you have to know how to do it immediately.

Makes sense to me why consummate insiders seem to do so much better. Nixon got a TON done because he'd been in Washington for forever and had been the VP in the '50s. Johnson had been in the Senate for 30 years before he became President. While Eisenhower wasn't formally in Washington it is impossible to be a high ranking general and not be able to play the political game. 

Tricky dick and bubba got a lot done because they signed the other party's shit.

they got away with it because they governed in eras where the opposition was dominant, and they were good triangulating politicians.

1 hour ago, Bronco2007 said:

This would have never happened if senator palpatine would have won.

You've been lampooning politics properly like a real OT veteran, but I think you really came over to this side because you want to discuss the political aspects of the prequel trilogy.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You've been lampooning politics properly like a real OT veteran, but I think you really came over to this side because you want to discuss the political aspects of the prequel trilogy.

The Jedi were part of the problem.

kind of like the avengers, not accountable to any legal authority.  Iron man was right, cap was wrong.

44 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

The Jedi were part of the problem.

kind of like the avengers, not accountable to any legal authority.  Iron man was right, cap was wrong.

The Jedi sucked. A bunch of old geezers huffing their own farts and while the world burned. They even had a Jedi Jesus brought before them and were like "nah, let's not train this kid." And when they did decide to train him they gave him to a rookie. 

Despite Lucas's lame writing, the republic did need to be reorganized.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

That's simply pathetic as shiit. And I just love the way hardliner left wingers held Wiki up there as the greatest thing since Jimmy Carter as prez. Wiki was doing their business straight down the line. Then when Wiki turns on them, they can't fathom why. Great stuff. 

There is some truth in this. To the leftists, Assange was a valiant hero while Bush was in office but then became an evil villain when he exposed Obama and Clinton. 

6 hours ago, happycamper said:

As this is supposed to be positive thread for Obama, I stepped out of line with my earlier negativity and I apologize.

I'll simply conclude by reiterating that Obama finished as a much better president than how he started. Kudos to him for that. 

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

He was never a deal when Bush was in office. WL was around but it was just kind of a nothing. It wasn't until the Bradley/Chelsea Manning shit got leaked that it became a household name and that was in 2010 or so. Maybe late 2009. 

Yeah, that's technically true since they published the most damaging information in 2010. 

9 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Tricky dick and bubba got a lot done because they signed the other party's shit.

they got away with it because they governed in eras where the opposition was dominant, and they were good triangulating politicians.

I think you are vastly underselling the difficulty Obama had even getting democrats on board. Insiders can at least deliver their own party. Obama was generally incapable of that.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

And then there's this:

Not verified but pretty impressive if true.

I don't think it's that impressive. The justice department decides who to indict. And some people might have got lucky with a series of random hard drive crashes, claiming innocence before pleading the fifth, and uhh...some propitious timing for finally getting around to delete a bunch of emails. 

15 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The Jedi sucked. A bunch of old geezers huffing their own farts and while the world burned. They even had a Jedi Jesus brought before them and were like "nah, let's not train this kid." And when they did decide to train him they gave him to a rookie. 

Despite Lucas's lame writing, the republic did need to be reorganized.

Jedi Jesus made me laugh.