Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

Say something nice about Obama

2 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

O still has disdain for his own country.   Manning should have been hung for treason

:rolleyes:

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

25 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Find a new drum to beat. 

This is certainly a tangent to the OP, but do you agree with commuting Manning?  Everyone I know, on both sides, has given a WTF regarding O's call on this.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

This is certainly a tangent to the OP, but do you agree with commuting Manning?  Everyone I know, on both sides, has given a WTF regarding O's call on this.

After eight years of it, the "Obama hates America" crowd can blow it out their collective asses. 

I'm ambivalent to Manning.

I was fine with this decision. He/She was in prison for 7 years which is longer than anyone else convicted of a similar offense.

Also, is she a threat to society? What purpose, other than vengeance, does it serve for us to pay for her continued incarceration? Please don't say it acts as a deterrent; I wish it did but unfortunately, that's bullshit. The next "Manning" will never give it thought.

I don't.  Nor did I agree that the tax payers had to foot the bill for his transition 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

I was fine with this decision. He/She was in prison for 7 years which is longer than anyone else convicted of a similar offense.

Also, is she a threat to society? What purpose, other than vengeance, does it serve for us to pay for her continued incarceration? Please don't say it acts as a deterrent; I wish it did but unfortunately, that's bullshit. The next "Manning" will never give it thought.

I don't equate accountability for a crime as vengeance.  Our legal process determines the appropriate punishment for crimes  Obama undermined and compromised that legal process, in what I feel was a serious crime against our country.  Poor reflection on Obama.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

14 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I see your point.  But I took his post to mean he was happy the WH was lit up in rainbow colors and he felt the POTUS had his back.

But I could be entirely wrong and he was crediting Obama for something the SC did under O's watch.  

Got it. So his big accomplishment during 8 years was that he put some pretty lights on his house? Damn....that is impressive! I sure hope after 8 years in my job, my boss has something better to say about me and my accomplishments than, well, you decorated your office really well. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Commuting Manning's sentence also serves to de-legitimize Julian Assange as he said he would allow his extradition if she was let go, but then Assange said...uh, I meant something else technically, and now he appears less trustworthy.  

57 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

Got it. So his big accomplishment during 8 years was that he put some pretty lights on his house? Damn....that is impressive! I sure hope after 8 years in my job, my boss has something better to say about me and my accomplishments than, well, you decorated your office really well. 

I can't disagree with that.  

But the thread title is "Say something nice about Obama."  It didn't ask for his greatest accomplishment.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I don't equate accountability for a crime as vengeance.  Our legal process determines the appropriate punishment for crimes  Obama undermined and compromised that legal process, in what I feel was a serious crime against our country.  Poor reflection on Obama.

Better get going on passing an amendment then. Until you do that, he didn't undermine a thing. Blame the founders if you like.

4 hours ago, NVGiant said:

After eight years of it, the "Obama hates America" crowd can blow it out their collective asses. 

I'm ambivalent to Manning.

That's simply pathetic as shiit. And I just love the way hardliner left wingers held Wiki up there as the greatest thing since Jimmy Carter as prez. Wiki was doing their business straight down the line. Then when Wiki turns on them, they can't fathom why. Great stuff. 

kat.jpg

15 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

That's all the affirmation I need. Thanks!

It's no secret to anyone that you're a hardline left winger that's about to fall off the left side of the wing. Using my moderate position as affirmation that you're where you are is just pointless. If you want some meaningful affirmation, set aside some time and have a super special talk with Stuart Smalley. 

kat.jpg

49 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

It's no secret to anyone that you're a hardline left winger that's about to fall off the left side of the wing. Using my moderate position as affirmation that you're where you are is just pointless. If you want some meaningful affirmation, set aside some time and have a super special talk with Stuart Smalley. 

Lol.