Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

Say something nice about Obama

47 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Who is "blaming" anyone?  He was able to analyze after he baecame president and actually had all the intel and push-pull factors.  He is solely to blame for not closing Gitmo.  I think he can live with that

You....you blame the intel on why he didn't get it done. He has never once said that to my knowledge. Seems like he had every intention until the last day of closing it and just never got it done. Show me the quote where Barry back tracked and said he changed his mind based on intel and was wrong about trying to close it. He didn't changed his stance or position...just failed. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

15 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

You....you blame the intel on why he didn't get it done. He has never once said that to my knowledge. Seems like he had every intention until the last day of closing it and just never got it done. Show me the quote where Barry back tracked and said he changed his mind based on intel and was wrong about trying to close it. He didn't changed his stance or position...just failed. 

He immediately said one year it would be closed.  Then in discussion with his staff, and learning the foreign interests, he wasn't comfortable barreling ahead.  I haven't  said once he changed his mind, I said he left it open, because of what he learned after the election.  He could have barreled forward and closed it, like he said he was going to.  He didn't because of the push-pull factors and intel.  I am sure you can find it.

Like I said he is solely to blame, and I am sure he can live with that.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Like I said he is solely to blame, and I am sure he can live with that.

Ok....so we agree. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

14 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I am surprised you tried arguing. Especially when I stated that explicitly twice. 

Meh....been drinking since a lunch meeting earlier. It happens! ?

This link explain the reason about Gitmo.

Obama can't close Guantanamo Bay outright. But could he simply empty it out?

"That could leave Guantanamo Bay in the company of East Germany 's notorious Spandau Prison, which housed a small number of Nazi war criminals and for six years existed only to keep captive a single prisoner, Rudolf Hess."

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

The immigration curbed because of the shifting economies and the economic development in Mexico.  O doesn't deserve much of any credit for that.  He didn't change much of anything, really.  Conversely, one might argue that the economic development in Mexico happened because companies were relocating due to O's policies.

I was talking about partnering with Mexico to stop central American immigrants 1000 miles from el paso.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

I'll never forget the day the SCOTUS announced the obergefell v. hodges ruling. I remember getting home from work and a friend called and said I needed to put it on CSPAN....as the TV came on I saw The White House illuminated and it felt like a weight had been lifted as I knew there would always be a place for me in America. I thank Obama for that moment.

wh1.jpg

Ur gay?

So the question,  the greatest President of the last 100 years...  or ever? 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

21 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

So the question,  the greatest President of the last 100 years...  or ever? 

It's only been a day, way too early to tell. But he is off to a good start.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

He won the Nobel Peace Prize and awesome beer summit.

The beer summit sucked but at least he didn't try to destroy the post war Western consensus like this plucking guy.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/01/20/krauthammer_on_inauguration_i_guarantee_you_they_are_quaking_in_their_boots_in_foreign_capitals.html

i really dislike Obama, but Trump is bad news too.