Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

Say something nice about Obama

Seriously curbed illegal immigration by using Mexico as a partner (and strengthened ties with an economically surging nation), had the vision to lay a long-term foundation for a massive pacific alliance in TPP, was about the only president I can think of that didn't have a single personal life or character scandal to his name. 

Also has detractors like Coog.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Was he supposed to magically make everyone friends, and end wars in regions that have essentially always been in conflict?  I say he failed at what I believe to be a good idea in getting healthcare to the masses, and found him to actually be smart and listen to the experts which resulted in keeping troops on the ground over there for as long as reasonably possible (especially after the boondoggled SOFA in Iraq) and keep Gitmo open.

You essentially had expectations of him not listening to staff, and doing a social paradigm shift never even coming close to have been achieved.  Your hopes in Trump need to be exponentially lower.  The big policy failure is ACA, and even that is being accepted in parts for the exact tenets he campaigned on.  :shrug:

I think you have me confused with a bow at the alter of Trump guy. The only man I bow to is YRF for attempting to achieve what no man has done before....a PHD in who gives a fuq. The thing is those were the staples and foundation of his presidency. If you say vote for me and I'll bring health care cost down, end all wars, close Guantanamo and unite the country...and literally accomplish zero of those things, you're a complete failure. That's like Trump after 8 years not draining the swamp, appointing conservative justices, building a wall, defunding planned parenthood or bringing jobs back. Seems like he can get at least one right.....unlike his boy Barry.....who is a really swell guy with great kids ?

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

32 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Seriously curbed illegal immigration by using Mexico as a partner (and strengthened ties with an economically surging nation), had the vision to lay a long-term foundation for a massive pacific alliance in TPP, was about the only president I can think of that didn't have a single personal life or character scandal to his name. 

Also has detractors like Coog.

The immigration curbed because of the shifting economies and the economic development in Mexico.  O doesn't deserve much of any credit for that.  He didn't change much of anything, really.  Conversely, one might argue that the economic development in Mexico happened because companies were relocating due to O's policies.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, WyomingCoog said:

I think you have me confused with a bow at the alter of Trump guy. The only man I bow to is YRF for attempting to achieve what no man has done before....a PHD in who gives a fuq. The thing is those were the staples and foundation of his presidency. If you say vote for me and I'll bring health care cost down, end all wars, close Guantanamo and unite the country...and literally accomplish zero of those things, you're a complete failure. That's like Trump after 8 years not draining the swamp, appointing conservative justices, building a wall, defunding planned parenthood or bringing jobs back. Seems like he can get at least one right.....unlike his boy Barry.....who is a really swell guy with great kids ?

You are as good as the info you had before you stepped in.  That would include the wars and Gitmo.  You have to walk back something if you get better intel.  He listened to his staff, and you have issue with that?  The wheels of Arab Spring were set in motion long before SOFA and before Obama so that region was fricked already.  You want someone to barrel through a campaign promise when he finds out its a bad idea?   That's silly. 

He never promised harmony and the end of racial tension so you can remove that as well.  It's left to healthcare, which I don't believe we are disagreeing on. 

But, he got the major forces out of Iraq (it was going to go to hell no matter when we left anyways).  Promise kept.

Major forces out of Afghanistan.  Way longer than expected.  Promise not really kept.

Reformation of healthcare.  Promise kept. 

Environmental policy.  Promise kept.

Whether you choose to like them, there you go.  I don't agree with them all, but you can't say he didn't keep at least one.

51 minutes ago, Bronco2007 said:

In 2009 voting for Obama for no other reason other than he was black is somehow not racist but voting for trump becuase he's white is... lol 

live view of today's inauguration...

be003433_wide-b0fff4743893e797187d6f90e8 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You are as good as the info you had before you stepped in.  That would include the wars and Gitmo.  You have to walk back something if you get better intel.  He listened to his staff, and you have issue with that?  The wheels of Arab Spring were set in motion long before SOFA and before Obama so that region was fricked already.  You want someone to barrel through a campaign promise when he finds out its a bad idea?   That's silly. 

So if a kid runs for student clsss president and his main promise is to put a snack machine in the lunch room, causing everyone to vote for him and doesn't get it done after 8 years, We should blame the principal? If u run on a central premise and don't get it done. That's on u....what happened to buck stops here? Did I miss where Barry came out and said hey American people....my bad on Gitmo...that was an ignorant promise? Here a question...did he get it done or not? Cuz that's the chit that gets u fired in the real world. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

11 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

So if a kid runs for student clsss president and his main promise is to put a snack machine in the lunch room, causing everyone to vote for him and doesn't get it done after 8 years, We should blame the principal? If u run on a central premise and don't get it done. That's on u....what happened to buck stops here? Did I miss where Barry came out and said hey American people....my bad on Gitmo...that was an ignorant promise? Here's a question...did he get it done or not? Cuz that's the chit that gets u fired in the real world. 

Just now, Bronco2007 said:

This happened during Obama presidency but somehow isn't racist 

838F7F5A-7AD8-4F5F-8885-F6F244C8147A_zps7098D35B-301B-4214-8CF2-FA98F234B072_zps

Ur an idiot.....black people can't be racist. 

7 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

So if a kid runs for student clsss president and his main promise is to put a snack machine in the lunch room, causing everyone to vote for him and doesn't get it done after 8 years, We should blame the principal? If u run on a central premise and don't get it done. That's on u....what happened to buck stops here? Did I miss where Barry came out and said hey American people....my bad on Gitmo...that was an ignorant promise? Here's a question...did he get it done or not? Cuz that's the chit that gets u fired in the real world. 

Who is "blaming" anyone?  He was able to analyze after he baecame president and actually had all the intel and push-pull factors.  He is solely to blame for not closing Gitmo.  I think he can live with that.

In the real world, you are allowed to walk back certain aspects of your mission, when the due diligence shows it would be a bad move.  You want to get fired?  Push forward with a bad plan when you knew not to.  That is the real world.

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

he picked out a bitchin' pad 10 mins from the White House...nice taste! (I hear they will have to continue the retaining wall all the way across the front for security reasons)

160525142925-obamas-house-1-exlarge-169.

rs_4016201223283.jpg

That house is rad. The interior is beautiful.

5 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

Your fascination with YRF needs to be toned down man.  I think his attack on you was a bit much but this is getting weird now.

I'll never forget the day the SCOTUS announced the obergefell v. hodges ruling. I remember getting home from work and a friend called and said I needed to put it on CSPAN....as the TV came on I saw The White House illuminated and it felt like a weight had been lifted as I knew there would always be a place for me in America. I thank Obama for that moment.

wh1.jpg

mem skyline sig.jpeg

38 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Your fascination with YRF needs to be toned down man.  I think his attack on you was a bit much but this is getting weird now.

Ok. If you say so dad.....ur right though, he has me in his signature and says I should die, but I'm the weird asshole for saying I'm really proud of his doctoral work? Makes sense....