Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Anybody own a Tesla?

My son and his wife changed their mind last week on their pre-order for a Model 3 and changed to a Model X.  I don't think it is a good idea, but they are responsible financially and are not going to have kids so a Tesla is probably cheaper than kids.  Just curious if anyone has a Tesla and what you think about your vehicle.

110926run_defense710.jpg

13 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I am thinking I should dump my big oil stock.

Not now. Give Trump some time; if it turns out that he is a little crazy oil stocks should do well; if after a year or so it's business as usual, there's probably better places for your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. is that enough $ respect?

Early Tech adopters pay a steep price.  When my son and his wife placed the order last week, they only had two battery options in their price range.  Stepping up to the 90kwh battery would cost $10k and only extend the range 20 miles (from 237 to 257).  Yesterday Tesla announced 100kwh available on all models without having to elect ludicrous mode (performance and all wheel drive).  Adding the 100kwh extends the Model X 60 miles from my son's configuration, for $13k total.  However, if he were to make the change now, he would lose the Supercharger benefit.

No one owns a Tesla?  Anyone put a deposit on a Model 3?  I would have thought some on this forum would be into Tesla's.

Model X review:

110926run_defense710.jpg

21 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

maybe when they come out with a body style that doesn't look any other generic sedan. I like sports cars, and Teslas don't have any curb appeal other than "Oh look its a Tesla"

I think it's a really nice looking car but you're right, it doesn't turn heads.

On 1/21/2017 at 11:42 AM, modestobulldog said:

Early Tech adopters pay a steep price.  When my son and his wife placed the order last week, they only had two battery options in their price range.  Stepping up to the 90kwh battery would cost $10k and only extend the range 20 miles (from 237 to 257).  Yesterday Tesla announced 100kwh available on all models without having to elect ludicrous mode (performance and all wheel drive).  Adding the 100kwh extends the Model X 60 miles from my son's configuration, for $13k total.  However, if he were to make the change now, he would lose the Supercharger benefit.

No one owns a Tesla?  Anyone put a deposit on a Model 3?  I would have thought some on this forum would be into Tesla's.

Model X review:

You think we have money on this board? If we had money, we wouldn't be foolish enough to waste so much time here. Well, except for Mug. He's turning our stupidity into cold hard cash! Good on him. He probably has a deposit on the future Tesla electric leer jet. 

kat.jpg

On 1/22/2017 at 6:36 PM, Nevada Convert said:

You think we have money on this board? If we had money, we wouldn't be foolish enough to waste so much time here. Well, except for Mug. He's turning our stupidity into cold hard cash! Good on him. He probably has a deposit on the future Tesla electric leer jet. 

I've got my eye on a Model S. I want one bad, but I'm a long way from a service center. I've got a test drive scheduled in March when I'm out near a Tesla store. I don't know If I'll pull the trigger then or not. 

Are we talking about the band? If that's the case.....I'd go with signs. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."