Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roswellcoug

Trump inauguration speech leaked - very short! Sad!

Oh now he has a flag pin. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, Del Scorcho said:

the two global industries seeing spikes in volumes due to the inauguration.

- Russian mail order brides

- makers of Prozac

Melania is probably thinking "becoming FLOTUS wasn't part of the mail order bride brochure". 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

38 minutes ago, Bronco2007 said:

So this is how democracy dies... with thunderous applause

No friend - this IS democracy. Hopefully you have a little less faith in it than you did yesterday.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Melania is probably thinking "becoming FLOTUS wasn't part of the mail order bride brochure". 

I'm sure she made a Pro/Con list.

Pro's                                                                       Con's                         

FLOTUS                                                                  hitched to a Cheeto

I have to admit this is pretty funny.