Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roswellcoug

Trump inauguration speech leaked - very short! Sad!

4 minutes ago, Bronco2007 said:

He meant Russia 

4 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

!Bzd,ZpwB2k~$(KGrHqV,!hUEw5GlNBdRBMWIBVTEYQ~~_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

I took it as thanking the rising tide of populism but I don't doubt that he'll get roasted for that.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

38 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

So about the speech.  Couldn't see it, any takeaways or is it just boilerplate stuff?

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."

This part was good.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."

This part was good.

I bet a lot of people had no idea what the frick he said right there, if that is what he said  :rotflmfao:

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Being just a bit hyperbolic on this Friday?

Nope. The election of a guy who is objectively better than at least 2 former US presidents I can think of means the death of our governmental institution that is more rooted in our congress, in our municipalities, and our state houses than in the one single office. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Nope. The election of a guy who is objectively better than at least 2 former US presidents I can think of means the death of our governmental institution that is more rooted in our congress, in our municipalities, and our state houses than in the one single office. 

He is already better than 2 on his first day? Which two?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He is already better than 2 on his first day? Which two?

Jackson and Taylor. Probably should have included WHH and Buchanan as well but Jackson was a mass murderer who committed what would soon be considered crimes against humanity before he was in office and Taylor just didn't want the job more obviously than anyone.