Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

NM State vs. San Jose State --- MWC Membership.

31 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Better wine and craft beer in San Jose.  You wouldn't understand.

Better food in Las Cruces, but the Aggies still suck and they still don't belong here.

3 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Question, does Laramine, Wyoming have a thriving craft beer and wine industry? 

I think everyone has a thriving craft beer industry anymore, right.  Laramie has two breweries, both of which are pretty good.  One of them is Coal Creek which also roasts coffee beans (distribute online and served throughout Wyo and NOCO.  Two of my favorite crafts are in Wyoming - Melvin and Blacktooth.  You get a chance, try Melvin's IPA.  Blacktooth is the largest selling craft beer in Fort Collins, excluding FC breweries.  Melvin actually did a tour of Oregon this past fall,

Wine?  Not so much.  Growing season isn't very conducive to grapes.  Wyo does have a few but they aren't very good, in my opinion.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest #1Stunner
39 minutes ago, Bob said:

That literally looks like a high school gym

Wow, you must have attended a fancy, rich high school.  Are you from San Diego?

892ef4ed2ac8a0c7c925cb775c4f27a9.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Better food in Las Cruces, but the Aggies still suck and they still don't belong here.

Sean, 

I agree that the State of New Mexico has amazing food and people.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

NMSU over Idaho?  Really?  Y'all can suck a dick. 

PS. Go on, Dre.  Say what you are internally compelled to say...

Clean up your language or I will never shop at Orange Julius again.

4 hours ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

LIke i said, saying something over and over doesn't make it true. Come back when you can quote something other than your homer board. 

You're not going to scam us like you scammed the ol' mental giant, Craig. 

I'll quote Jon Wilner, from this article published a year before San Jose State accepted the eventual invitation to join the MWC;

Why would the Mountain West even consider the Spartans, who went 1-12 this season and have been to one bowl game in the past 20 years? Because of the Bay Area’s television market, the sixth largest in the country.
The Mountain West’s television partner is Comcast, the dominant pay-TV provider in the region.“There is value in the number of TV sets in your geographic area,” a source said. “From that standpoint, (San Jose State) makes more sense than Utah State.”

Case closed.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2011/01/18/san-jose-state-a-possible-expansion-target-for-mountain-west-conference/

Champ Logo.jpg

49 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

I'll quote Jon Wilner, from this article published a year before San Jose State accepted the eventual invitation to join the MWC;

Why would the Mountain West even consider the Spartans, who went 1-12 this season and have been to one bowl game in the past 20 years? Because of the Bay Area’s television market, the sixth largest in the country.
The Mountain West’s television partner is Comcast, the dominant pay-TV provider in the region.“There is value in the number of TV sets in your geographic area,” a source said. “From that standpoint, (San Jose State) makes more sense than Utah State.”

Case closed.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2011/01/18/san-jose-state-a-possible-expansion-target-for-mountain-west-conference/

Maybe that explains the poor decision, but it doesn't close the case.  

The pre-MWC WAC already proved that teams nobody cares about in big markets don't do much for you.

49 minutes ago, Byutop25 said:

Has you confused with des

I see.  Well, I have to hand it to Des because there really isn't anyone better at sledgehammer smack.  I mean, he's a damn wrecking ball and he got into every BC homer's brain. He alone makes up for about 25% of BadWill's meltdown.