Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

NM State vs. San Jose State --- MWC Membership.

3 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

All this talk about market size, but when your school has virtually zero market penetration in that market then no one gives a shit. The TV market BS is just some circle jerk fairy tail told on the Spartan homer board to convince yourselves that you add some value to this conference...because everyone sure as shit knows that you don't add anything on the field. Fact of the matter is that the MWC doesn't need SJSU. You'd be in the Big West without the MWC saving your ass.  SJSU needs the MWC...not the other way around.

It all boiled down to the MWC needing to have a member residing in a Top 10 television market in order to make the conference more attractive to television networks, and in kind making the football television package more palatable to potential sponsors. If you can't understand that, either there's no hope for you, or your simply being obtuse.  

Champ Logo.jpg

8 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

It all boiled down to the MWC needing to have a member residing in a Top 10 television market in order to make the conference more attractive to television networks, and in kind making the football television package more palatable to potential sponsors. If you can't understand that, either there's no hope for you, or your simply being obtuse.  

17mdrk.jpg

5 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I wouldn't be surprised if NM State has had some poor attendance vs the Sun Belt, but I think if they were swapped with San Jose, and playing the MWC (especially vs UNM), that their attendance would shoot up.    They appear to have a student body that actually cares (as opposed to San Jose State).  They at least spend money on upgrading their facilities. 

I agree, San Jose State is a better market, and might add some ad dollars, but it is probably a pittance, given how weak their market penetration in the Bay Area is.

NMSU's attendance would shoot up if they were here. They are a western school at their core.

8 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Please provide evidence for this. Saying things to each other on your homer board over and over doesn't make them true. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

8 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

If we were a "basketball conference" then yes take the aggies and kick out sparta but we're not and football drives the bus even though there are no sparta passengers on it.

Correct!  We are a football conference first. NMSU had only a few hundred fans in the stands for their last couple of home games.  SJSU even with little market still measure more than NMSU.

Lest people forget, even after the CUSA/MW merger deal falling through, UTEP was targeted by the MW but wanted to stay with CUSA for the sake of playing in Texas where their alumni live.  They are regretting that decision now with the new TV contract CUSA has. 

SJSU bring more SOS power in football than NMSU which is why the MW remains the #1 or #2 G5 conference.

1 hour ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Please provide evidence for this. Saying things to each other on your homer board over and over doesn't make them true. 

I'll submit into evidence the mere fact that San Jose State is in the MWC and NMSU is not, despite their having better hoops attendance. 

Case closed.

Champ Logo.jpg

14 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

What was attendance of both schools when they were in the WAC?  That's the only fair comparison of fan support.

Good question and I had a few extra minutes this morning to look up the years they were in the WAC together to compare.

When both NMSU and SJSU were playing WAC football schedules, their average attendance was:

2012 - NMSU  14,247    SJSU  10,789

2011 - NMSU  15,138    SJSU  18,214

2010 - NMSU  15,906    SJSU  14,474

2009 - NMSU  16,511    SJSU  15,344

2008 - NMSU  17,756    SJSU  20,952

2007 - NMSU  14,412    SJSU  15,465

2006 - NMSU  17,596    SJSU  18,854

2005 - NMSU  12,557    SJSU  12,506

NMSU had higher average football attendance in 4 out of the 8 years, SJSU was higher in 4 of the 8 years.

2 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

I'll submit into evidence the mere fact that San Jose State is in the MWC and NMSU is not, despite their having better hoops attendance. 

Case closed.

Yup.  Pretty much proves your homers just made that TV market shit up. You're in because you scammed the confernece into thinking you'd invest some money into your athletic program. And this, I actually can provide some evidence for. 

http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/07/29/mountain-west-still-waiting-for-san-jose-state-to-improve-facilities/

Case closed. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

SJSU is a fresh dog turd, it's still steaming. NMSU is one of those old white dried up dog turds. It doesn't really matter in the end who you pick, you still end up with a dog turd.

Personally, I hate NMSU with a passion and hope they fail at everything thing they compete in. They don't belong in the MWC or FBS. They would be better off dropping to the FCS level.

43 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Yup.  Pretty much proves your homers just made that TV market shit up. You're in because you scammed the confernece into thinking you'd invest some money into your athletic program. And this, I can actually provide some evidence for. 

http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/07/29/mountain-west-still-waiting-for-san-jose-state-to-improve-facilities/

Case closed. 

Sharta Admin needs to fess up and admit that they're not gonna be building anything to improve Sharta Stadium or any of their "major sports" (LOL) facilities.

They tricked the MWC into letting them in and we just need to accept that I guess. 

17 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Once again, why did the MWC choose to add San Jose State instead of NM State?

Pan_Am_inside.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

d699f8f3-4927-4ae4-a3bb-5e296c59004f_234

NMSU lost the coin flip.  That's how Hair determines membership.

13 hours ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

All this talk about market size, but when your school has virtually zero market penetration in that market then no one gives a shit. The TV market BS is just some circle jerk fairy tail told on the Spartan homer board to convince yourselves that you add some value to this conference...because everyone sure as shit knows that you don't add anything on the field. Fact is that the MWC doesn't need SJSU. You'd be in the Big West without the MWC saving your ass.  SJSU needs the MWC...not the other way around.

Until further, further, further, further...notice, we all need the MW. Hawaii the exception.

Yes, even you Aztecas.