Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Dwayne Morgan

9 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Dwayne Morgan out for the rest of the season. #UNLVmbb will apply for medical redshirt after the season

i'd have sworn they already said that? or maybe i just heard it off the record..

no doubt having dwayne this season would have made a big difference, especially in the MW (he would have made an impact against the aztecs). but having him for the next 2 years is not a bad thing, either. i just hope he can get healthy and stay that way. best of luck to him.

11 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

i'd have sworn they already said that? or maybe i just heard it off the record..

no doubt having dwayne this season would have made a big difference, especially in the MW (he would have made an impact against the aztecs). but having him for the next 2 years is not a bad thing, either. i just hope he can get healthy and stay that way. best of luck to him.

He should have redshirted this year to begin with.  He wasn't fully healthy when the season started, and he needs to improve his skill level as well.

38 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

He should have redshirted this year to begin with.  He wasn't fully healthy when the season started, and he needs to improve his skill level as well.

well with so many unknowns, i can see where marvin would want to play him if he was able. i guess it will work itself out. i don't think there's any doubt he'll be granted a redshirt year.

3 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

well with so many unknowns, i can see where marvin would want to play him if he was able. i guess it will work itself out. i don't think there's any doubt he'll be granted a redshirt year.

Duje Dukan of Wisconsin is the only player I know of to be denied a medical redshirt.  He missed the entire 2012-2013 season (with the exception of their scrimmage and exhibition) with mono.  The NCAA said that he could have returned before the season was over.  He wound up getting a fifth year, but he was suspended for the first two games of the 2014-15 season.