Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aztecbob

Rocky Long signed to an extension

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

You will get hopefully enough revenue to cover your huge mortgage payment.  I'm told that the cost to build a new stadium in San Diego would be triple the cost of a place like Fort Collins.  Unless SDSU has some very rich donors.

Okaaayyyyyy......

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, fanhood said:

Okaaayyyyyy......

Hey, I'm just repeating what SDSU fans always say on here.  That building stuff in California costs double or triple anywhere else.  Maybe cost of land and labor?

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Hey, I'm just repeating what SDSU fans always say on here.  That building stuff in California costs double or triple anywhere else.  Maybe cost of land and labor?

Elliott Hirshman has said $125million in the past. Now reports are $200million coming out of the media. I don't trust the media though, so I am going to say it is less than 200m and more than 125m. Cost will be split with MLS, with SDSU owning it in whole over time.

Guest Dr. Dre
6 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

Looking forward to Rocky and Craig battling it out for MWC Championships for the foreseeable future.....

You're looking to be disappointed is more like it. WHYome goes back to normal next year- 5th place.

Guest Dr. Dre
4 hours ago, fanhood said:

Elliott Hirshman has said $125million in the past. Now reports are $200million coming out of the media. I don't trust the media though, so I am going to say it is less than 200m and more than 125m. Cost will be split with MLS, with SDSU owning it in whole over time.

There is NO way we get a stadium built in San Diego for $125 million. Stop with that narrative. $200 million is pushing it. I'd imagine that Hirshman meant that we have $125 million to contribute to a partnership 

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, LaradiseCowboy said:

It's okay bud, you're going to be okay.

I'm not so sure, I can't get your wife's stank off me. Its worse than "Sex Panther". She smells like Bigfoot's dick- indeed.

2 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

There is NO way we get a stadium built in San Diego for $125 million. Stop with that narrative. $200 million is pushing it. I'd imagine that Hirshman meant that we have $125 million to contribute to a partnership 

Just quoting the man. He has said it multiple times. Like I said, the number is probably somewhere between $125m and $200m. I don't know as I am not a commercial developer.

Guest Dr. Dre
22 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Just quoting the man. He has said it multiple times. Like I said, the number is probably somewhere between $125m and $200m. I don't know as I am not a commercial developer.

Well you either misunderstood, or he wasn't clear. $125 million in San Diego gets you Reno's dump. If we want something along the lines of Colorado State- & who wouldn't- t'll be way north of $200 million. I'm thinking $125 FROM SDSU and another $125 from MLS

15 hours ago, Aztecs Rising said:

The best thing about the extension news is that Rocky declined a pay raise...Instead he wanted the extra money diverted to his assistant coaches. So with his $800K+ annual salary, he'll rank just 6th in MW head coaches salary. He's an awesome coach and we're fortunate to have him and in my opinion still vastly underrated.  

Another good thing is that we will have a proven winning coach for several years hence. Most G5 conferences lose 1/3 to 1/2 of their coaches every other year. Look at the AAC this year for an example. Our conference will be the same but SDSU will be the exception.

15 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

You will get hopefully enough revenue to cover your huge mortgage payment.  I'm told that the cost to build a new stadium in San Diego would be triple the cost of a place like Fort Collins.  Unless SDSU has some very rich donors.

Or an MLS team