Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roswellcoug

oh Bernie, you need to get out of the country more

5 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

exact same as GOPers in 08 and 2012...

I mean, I'm not that old, but I've seen 4 years of a Republicans (Bush I), followed by 8 years of a Democrats (Clinton), followed by 8 years of Republicans (Bush II), followed by 8 years of Democrats (Obama), and now at least 4 years of Republicans...it's just a revolving door of the 'same old, same old'.

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not even close.

I don't know and I don't know how old you are but what's really been different in the last 30 years thru the different administrations? The economy has rose and fell and rose and fell and rose; just like it did for 30 years before. Sometimes during Republican and sometimes during Democrat administrations. 

It's funny, almost every day we meet here and discuss politics and generally have a good time. However, if I really think about it, I don't believe my day to day life is impacted by what happens or doesn't happen in Washington. We "fight" as if the so called changes are going to have great impact but they don't.

So I ask everyone these questions:

If you thought Obama sucked, how did his 8 years in office make your day to day life worse?

If you think Trump is going to be the worst president ever, how will his time in office make your day to day life worse?

11 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Economists paid for by big banks publishing "studies" and recommending deregulation of certain aspects of the mortgage and equities industries that would directly benefit said banks. Several prominent cabinet members of both Clinton and Bush's admins were high-ranking big bank officials before their appointments. 

What studies? And to which deregulations did they lead?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Okay, let's just say, for the sake of argument, that the left is a little more dramatic about the incoming president than the right was when Obama was elected.

Maybe it's because Donald gawdam Trump, a professional megalomaniac, is going to be the president, and to put it mildly, he brings a bit of baggage with him.

I can't even think about someone comparable on the left that we could imagine causing so much controversy.  Somebody help me out. Maybe like an ex-swedish prime minister or something.

Just now, toonkee said:

Okay, let's just say, for the sake of argument, that the left is a little more dramatic about the incoming president than the right was when Obama was elected.

Maybe it's because Donald gawdam Trump, a professional megalomaniac, is going to be the president, and to put it mildly, he brings a bit of baggage with him.

I can't even think about someone comparable on the left that we could imagine causing so much controversy.  Somebody help me out. Maybe like an ex-swedish prime minister or something.

A little more?  lol.

"I can't even think about someone comparable on the left that we could imagine causing so much controversy."

Bernie.