Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Rank em

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

1. Boise State 0

2. Nevada -.5

T3) Fresno State -1

T3) New Mexico -1

T3) San Diego State -1

T3) Colorado State -1

7) Wyoming -2

T8) Air Force -3

T8) UNLV -3

T10) San Jose State -3.5

T10) Utah State -3.5

Fresno is is weird. Beat the best teams and lose to the worst. Boise stopped the bleeding but their chemistry is off for since the first 4 games. I still feel like UNM is the best team but we'll see. Nevada is somwhere between 1-3.

11 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Fresno is is weird. Beat the best teams and lose to the worst. Boise stopped the bleeding but their chemistry is off for the first 4 games. I still feel like UNM is the best team but we'll see. Nevada is somwhere between 1-3.

Fresno is kryptonite for us. They can beat us up on the inside, they drive and get into the paint with ease, and crush us on the glass when we really need it. That's the formula to beat this Nevada team, and if we aren't shooting well there is not much we can do about it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

21 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Fresno is kryptonite for us. They can beat us up on the inside, they drive and get into the paint with ease, and crush us on the glass when we really need it. That's the formula to beat this Nevada team, and if we aren't shooting well there is not much we can do about it.

They whipped our ass, that's all I know.  But then lose to AFA and San Jose???

On 1/20/2017 at 3:28 PM, Bob said:

Can someone explain how Nevada is 71 and SDSU is 65 in Kenpom? That makes no sense to me how that could be 

Because KENPOM doesn't look at who wins but rather how many points are scored, per  possession. They treat a garbage basket at the end of a 20 point game equally to a game ending 3 to win a game. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

On 1/19/2017 at 8:34 PM, Nevada Convert said:

You sound like you're wound up pretty tight this wonderful evening. Was it Joe referring to Fish as a corpse? 

Hadn't looked back at this thread so didn't get around to responding till now and I don't really remember my mental outlook at the time. However, I suspect the post you referred to was prompted by how annoying it is to keep reading people making a BFD about RPI. I learned my RPI lesson 7 or so years ago when the Aztecs didn't get in the NCAAs even though our RPI was something like 21. Having followed RPI since, trust me when I say that although the committee seems to give it consideration regarding seeding, the committee never seems to give it any credence regarding who gets in. Applying that to the current MWC means it is absolutely irrelevant right now since the conference is so poorly rated that nobody except the team which wins the MWC tourney will get into the dance.

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

They whipped our ass, that's all I know.  But then lose to AFA and San Jose???

...and we lost to Prairie View at home too...as much as I'd like to believe this Fresno team has finally found its winning (consistently) formula and now able to play to it's potential...I'll need to see some more before any Kool Aid flows. 

2 hours ago, av-rated said:

...and we lost to Prairie View at home too...as much as I'd like to believe this Fresno team has finally found its winning (consistently) formula and now able to play to it's potential...I'll need to see some more before any Kool Aid flows. 

You can obviously tell this isn't the same team, that's with or without drinking the Kool Aid. 

Wondering what folks are thinking now that the first round of games for the week are in the books...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

On 1/19/2017 at 10:28 AM, cardrater said:

I'm having a hard time understanding this. Help me on it. So a 5.5 rating would be equivalent to a little more than half the NCAA teams in div 1? There are 340 something teams so you would rank Nevada at a 140 range?

Logarithmic scale

10- legit national title contenders

9- legit elite 8 contenders

8-expected to win a game in the tourney, 2 with luck

7 - not expected to win a game but not really expected to go one and done either

6 - plucky 12 seed or NIT favorite

5 - CBI

4- Not good enough for the plethora of post season tournaments but still have to consider a road win against them a slight plus

3 - RPI drag, any loss is bad

2- RPI undertow, even playing is bad

1- SJSU until this year

Because frankly the divisions after "couldn't get in the post season" do not matter. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

21 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Wondering what folks are thinking now that the first round of games for the week are in the books...

Not very bold, but I think the top three will be some permutation of FSU, NEV, UNM. Unless Nevada finishes in first, in which case, FSU will finish 4th so the Bulldogs can continue their season long trolling of the Wolf Pack with a matchup in the semifinals :wacko: