Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Rank em

7 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

cut blocks are legal

And when done by one of the military academies, chop blocks are often called cut blocks.

Some of us have been hated on for saying that here over the years but you guys have now been in the MWC long enough to know it's true.

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

You have Goose Poop too high. Both Dog Poop and Cat Poop would beat them on a neutral field.

If you played golf regularly along the Front Range you'd probably say that I severely underranked Goose Poop.

17 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Still very difficult after 1

Tier 1:

1. Nevada

Tier 2:

2. UNM

3. SDSU

4. Boise- I admittedly may have Boise too low 

Tier 3:

5. Fresno

6. Wyoming

7. Colorado State

Tier 4: 

8. USU

9. AFA

10. UNLV

11, SJSU

You put AFA ahead of SJSU after the Spartans beat the Falcons in Colorado Springs. Your list makes absolutely no sense. :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

If you played golf regularly along the Front Range you'd probably say that I severely underranked Goose Poop.

Bought a brush for the tires on my sun mountain cart because of that green slimy shet out of the gooses.

47 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

So its Front Range bias then. There you Front Rangers go again, holding down Dog Poop and Cat Poop.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Let's go with the old timers discount and go with an RPI of 29. :) 

Sure. Problem is, I find the RPI to be a terrible metric so I am disinclined to reference it. I foresee it having a much lower priority in the selection process going forward with preference given to KenPom, Sagarin, and BPI. 

11 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

Sure. Problem is, I find the RPI to be a terrible metric so I am disinclined to reference it. I foresee it having a much lower priority in the selection process going forward with preference given to KenPom, Sagarin, and BPI. 

That's why I called it the old timers discount, because there was once a time when RPI was used seriously. 

kat.jpg

23 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

That's why I called it the old timers discount, because there was once a time when RPI was used seriously. 

Close but no cigar. There was once a time when RPI was erroneously TAKEN seriously. To repeat, RPI matters as far as NCAA seeding but empirical evidence shows it has no impact on who gets in and who doesn't.

Boom goes the dynamite.

55 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Close but no cigar. There was once a time when RPI was erroneously TAKEN seriously. To repeat, RPI matters as far as NCAA seeding but empirical evidence shows it has no impact on who gets in and who doesn't.

You sound like you're wound up pretty tight this wonderful evening. Was it Joe referring to Fish as a corpse? 

kat.jpg

On 1/19/2017 at 9:40 AM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You got me there. You guys are probably more like 70?

So basically Kenpom's rating.  IIRC he has Nevada at 71.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

On 1/19/2017 at 10:15 AM, kingpotato said:

Tier 1:

UNR 

Tier 2:

UNM
Boise
Fresno
SDSU

Tier 3: (this tier could disappear soon with Wyo bouncing up and CSU down)

Wyoming
CSU

Tier 4:

UNLV
USU
SJSU
AFA

I would tend to agree with this.  I'm feeling CSU is going to drop.  Too few legs and maybe more of an influence, the coach.  I don't think Wyo drops, but I'm not sure they'll move up.  Tier 3 might only have the one team.

Wyo has only played two of the teams ahead of us, Nevada and Fresno in Fresno (they haven't lost a home game and haven't won a road game).  Nevada is clearly better than Wyo.  I look forward to seeing how the Pokes do against Fresno in Laramie in a couple of weeks.  Too early to tell how Wyo might stack up against NM, BSU and SDSU.

I guarantee you that Wyoming's gonna sweep the sheep again this year...maybe I shouldn't have just done this :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

18 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I would tend to agree with this.  I'm feeling CSU is going to drop.  Too few legs and maybe more of an influence, the coach.  I don't think Wyo drops, but I'm not sure they'll move up.  Tier 3 might only have the one team.

Wyo has only played two of the teams ahead of us, Nevada and Fresno in Fresno (they haven't lost a home game and haven't won a road game).  Nevada is clearly better than Wyo.  I look forward to seeing how the Pokes do against Fresno in Laramie in a couple of weeks.  Too early to tell how Wyo might stack up against NM, BSU and SDSU.

I guarantee you that Wyoming's gonna sweep the sheep again this year...maybe I shouldn't have just done this :)

Fresno lost to Prairie View at home. They beat Oregon State on the road.

5 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

1. Horse Poop

2. Cow Poop

3. Goose Poop

4. Dog Poop

5. Cat Poop

6. Rabbit Pellets

7. Larry Eustachy

8. Dave Pilipovich

9. Tim Duryea

I didn't see wolf poop but this post made me LMAO.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

39 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

1. Horse Poop

2. Cow Poop

3. Goose Poop

4. Dog Poop

5. Cat Poop

6. Rabbit Pellets

7. Larry Eustachy

8. Dave Pilipovich

9. Tim Duryea

How can you rank dog poop above cat poop when cat poop beat dog poop?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1. Boise State 0

2. Nevada -.5

T3) Fresno State -1

T3) New Mexico -1

T3) San Diego State -1

T3) Colorado State -1

7) Wyoming -2

T8) Air Force -3

T8) UNLV -3

T10) San Jose State -3.5

T10) Utah State -3.5

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.