Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CPslograd

Democrats need to grow up.

2 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

Oh. So in an effort to combat the point the op made about elected officials boycotting inaugurations being bad, you knowingly posted an article that had nothing to do with elected GOP officials doing that on purpose? Seems like an odd strategy. What exactly was the point? You just like posting random links?

"Strategy" on a message board. lol. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Not the same thing.

For one thing they didn't "boycott", they just couldn't be bothered to go.  They didn't say we aren't going because Obama is unworthy of the office, they stayed home because of traffic.

And second inagurations are different.  There is no transfer of power, and it isn't unusual for Members to skip it.  Should they?  No, but it's pretty common.

The main point in the entire thing is that they were just random republicans. Not officials.....not members of Congress, just random people that vote Republican leaving D.C. because of the congestion an inauguration causes. It's the exact same thing! ?

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

"Strategy" on a message board. lol. 

Dude....you posted a link that doesn't talk about chit and passed it off as some link showing that Republican officials also boycotted Obama's inauguration. You either intentionally tried to deceive or you didn't read your own link and you got called out. Just own it...

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

4 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Given that for the last 8 years the admitted overarching strategy of the GOP Congressional leadership was to oppose anything proposed by Obama simply because he proposed it, I can't see how you could expect anything different. After what we've seen from Trump, do really expect precedent and decorum to matter anymore?

Yep, the Dims have already given up what little decorum they had:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/adriana_cohen/2017/01/cohen_elizabeth_warrens_snub_of_betsy_devos_shows_who_real#join-conversation

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

"When they go low we go....lower?"

I'm picking up on what you're putting out there.. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

13 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Given that for the last 8 years the admitted overarching strategy of the GOP Congressional leadership was to oppose anything proposed by Obama simply because he proposed it, I can't see how you could expect anything different. After what we've seen from Trump, do really expect precedent and decorum to matter anymore?

I imagine you will be upset with democrats though if they oppose everything  Trump .    Since you would be a hypocrite if you didn't.

5 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I imagine you will be upset with democrats though if they oppose everything  Trump .    Since you would be a hypocrite if you didn't.

Nah....In true SD Dude fashion he'll just say how Republicans have always done the same thing and that they started all of this, while inevitably posting a link to a story about the opening of a new restaurant in Salem, OR that has nothing to do with anything, but the headline says "Republicans suck" so he assumes that's what it's about. 

Guest RoscoesDad
19 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

"When they go low we go....lower?"

No you just treat others as they have treated you.  If the Rs want respect now perhaps they should have had some the last 8 years. 

Just now, RoscoesDad said:

No you just treat others as they have treated you.  If the Rs want respect now perhaps they should have had some the last 8 years. 

I could swear I have heard a different take on that somewhere.  So they go low, dems go lower.  Got it.  So much for that campaign talk and claiming moral high ground huh?

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I could swear I have heard a different take on that somewhere.  So they go low, dems go lower.  Got it.  So much for that campaign talk and claiming moral high ground huh?

I think it would be fair to say that both the democrats and the republicans have, lately, had a disconnect between the kind of party their President wants them to be and the kind of party the legislators actually are. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

30 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Some treat others as they have treated you, others don't.

Sorry, I don't blame my behavior on anothers behavior.  I can't control anothers behaviour.  I can control mine.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest RoscoesDad
21 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Some treat others as they have treated you, others don't.

Sorry, I don't blame my behavior on anothers behavior.  I can't control anothers behaviour.  I can control mine.

LOL sure.  You are priceless man.  Nice try.

Guest RoscoesDad
57 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You guys are a riot.  Please explain why the Ds have to take the high ground when the Rs didn't for 8 years?  

The moral highground thing is great in principle.  It's a nice platitude.  The Rs proved that to be stupid and wiped the floor with the Ds ass because of this.  

Just now, RoscoesDad said:

You guys are a riot.  Please explain why the Ds have to take the high ground when the Rs didn't for 8 years?  

They don't.  Just making fun of your campaign fluffery and puffery and somehow thinking they hold some sort of moral high ground compared to Republicans.

2 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Because it was clearly a failure and they claim that they'd actually like to govern.

Also... it isn't the high road. It just isn't the lowest road.

2 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

The moral highground thing is great in principle.  It's a nice platitude.  The Rs proved that to be stupid and wiped the floor with the Ds ass because of this.  

That's a stupid view.

Congress as a whole has a low approval rating, and despite the fact that republicans had control of Congress, a democrat was in office as president so people associate the federal government with democrats. They voted republican because they were sick of how government was working. 

In 4 or 8 years with history telling us a median of 6, people are going to be tired of republicans again and are going to vote democrat again.

If the democrats work with the republicans, they will not only get a little bit done they want while they are not in power, they'll lay the foundation to get even more done when they are in power.

This isn't moral high ground stuff, it's just prioritizing getting policy enacted over election talking points. It's like the politicians have forgotten that no matter what they do, the pendulum will swing and the other party will have at least some power in half a decade. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/17/2017 at 10:37 PM, CPslograd said:

What a disgrace, reasonable democrats should be embarrassed.

The Russia illegitimacy mantra is out of control.  Did they hack the DNC, sure.  Did they try to influence the election, sure.

So did Ukraine the other way.

So did the US regarding Brexit when Obama threatened the back of the que (I don't know how the freaking Brits spell that stupid word and don't care, they can even properly use the last letter of the alphabet, so whatever).

So did the US in the Israeli elections.

and phuck, I sure wish we would have tried to keep the Philippines from electing that wing nut they have now.

Then we got John Lewis saying Trump is illegitimate so for the first time in his career, he won't go to the inauguration.  Except he did the same freaking thing 16 years ago when Dubya was elected.  So I guess it's only legit when his side wins.

then half of the few remaining house democrats are boycotting the inauguration because Trump is the devil.  The inauguration is about America and the peaceful transfer of power, not Trump per se.

And I'll be damned if Trump isn't right about the CIA playing politics and leaking.  Brennan can get on his high horse all he wants about Trump calling the leakers Nazis, but why isn't he firing anyone for leaking made up crap like trump had hookers pee in Obamas bed?

then to top it, Obama pardons Chelsea, the traitor and leaker, who absolutely got our people killed, by leaking to of all people, Assange.  The very same phucker they say threw the election.  Are you kidding me?

bitch about trump all you want, lord knows I do, but you idiots are no better.  Not one bit.

And when they dress like the founding fathers and wear tea bags on their hats, it's super annoying too. 

You tell 'em!

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.