Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DCPoke

HAPC coming along at War Memorial

I know it's all in the name of progress but I'm gonna miss those big ole trees.  Game day is going to look and feel very different.  Here's hoping any athletic recruiting/training benefit is worth it.

Guest Dr. Dre
1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I know it's all in the name of progress but I'm gonna miss those big ole trees.  

The one thing I liked about that dump of a stadium were those trees. I hope they weren't harvested and could be transplanted.  

3 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

The one thing I liked about that dump of a stadium were those trees. I hope they weren't harvested and could be transplanted.  

There was talk initially of replanting some of those 60+ year old trees in various locations around the stadium.  I've no idea if that was feasible or if it has happened or not.

7 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

There was talk initially of replanting some of those 60+ year old trees in various locations around the stadium.  I've no idea if that was feasible or if it has happened or not.

I like old trees too. Back in 2011, a 62 year old Alabama fan poisoned and killed a famous Auburn tree. The jerk was arrested and the Judge sent him to prison for 3 years. If I remember correctly he could have gotten 10 years because of his priors. Killed a tree because his team lost, what a prick! :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

At least we have our own stadium...

PokeNation: Internet Society of Wyoming fans everywhere

Guest Dr. Dre
2 hours ago, DCPoke said:

We will too. And it'll make yours look like the dump it is. Just like CSU's will 

Guest Dr. Dre
3 minutes ago, Bob said:

Those trees are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too big to transplant, you knuckleheads. 

I've seen trees that size transplanted before. 

5 hours ago, DCPoke said:

Gotta love it when someone who is renting a complete sh--thole of a stadium, one so bad its owners are abandoning it, wants to offer their critique of our own, refurbished, reinvested, on-campus stadium and its coming upgrade.

I was in both stadiums within three weeks. QualComm is an embarrassment to the city of San Diego and the Aztecs' use of it is an embarrassment to the conference.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

18 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

At the very least we should be planting replacement trees, hopefully 2 to 1s.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/18/2017 at 10:18 AM, Dr. Dre said:

We will too. And it'll make yours look like the dump it is. Just like CSU's will 

Seeing how supportive San Diegans are for funding new stadiums, you might have a long wait.

PokeNation: Internet Society of Wyoming fans everywhere

28 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Hippies

WE LEARNED IT FROM YOU!!!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest Cowboy Junky
On 1/18/2017 at 5:51 AM, DCPoke said:

We've been doing the facilities thing for a while. SDSU, not so much. They've built a couple of new things recently: not many. 

I like the War. It's going to look great with the HAPC. The Wildcatter Suites and east side of the stadium are really nice. The nicest training facility in the MWC sitting in the end zone won't hurt either.

All they really have to address is the west side of the stadium. We've already spent 44 million on the HAPC, 12 million on an IPF, 6 million to structural repairs of the War, 6 million on the Rochelle Athletics Center, 30 million on the Wildcatter Suites and the east side renovation. The football complex is nice and it's new. Once the west side of the stadium is done, the entire football complex will be recently renovated or brand new.

SDSU will struggle to raise funds.

The West side of War Memorial is sitting behind a swimming pool renovation on our athletics facilities list. Once Corbett is done, the west side of War Memorial will be our next athletics facility to be renovated.

Wyoming can take the Pepsi challenge with SDSU when it comes to facilities. That's for sure.

RAC-rendering-1.jpg