Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

UNM @Boise St

3 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

Congrats Lobos.  Good win on the road.  

Neal's job looking secure.  :ph34r:

Very disappointing to neal haters when the Lobos win.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

6 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

Congrats Lobos.  Good win on the road.  

Neal's job looking secure.  :ph34r:

Better lock him up through 2026.

:ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Lobofan said:

Does anyone else see this 

IMG_0106.JPG

Kidding aside, I had Thanksgiving with Haney, his dad, and lil brother. It's an abnormality he was born with. It needs to be broken and reset. They just haven't been able to afford the surgery 

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Are the Lobos the most "capable" basketball team in the conference?

Is their A game better than everyone else's?

Could be. That first half of basketball was the best I've seen from an opponent this year 

19 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That's the 2nd conference game a team only missed one FT against Boise 

UNM does not normally win this year when shooting less than 23 FT.

Good job Lobos. Nice win on the road. Total team effort.

Next..........

oh crap! Home game.

30 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Are the Lobos the most "capable" basketball team in the conference?

Is their A game better than everyone else's?

Yes, tho I think Nevada could be when Foster and Hall come back. Foster was tearing it up and looking like our best big before he got suspended. His Shot was money and I think he was hitting over 60% from the field. 

Word has it he will be back sometime this season but it will be interesting to see how much Muss uses him. 

Hall might play tomorrow. We will see.

As far as A game... Brown and Williams carry the team. When those two get hot the team is hot, but the same could be said for Marshall and Oliver or Hutch and Duncan.

I have yet to see UNM bring thier A game a full 40 min.  1st half they always wreck. Second half they become a wreck. I think it has more to do with endurance and game management.I honestly don't think they are capable of doing it.  I say this only because of how sloppy they look in all the second halfs I have seen them play.  

31 minutes ago, cardrater said:

Yes, tho I think Nevada could be when Foster and Hall come back. Foster was tearing it up and looking like our best big before he got suspended. His Shot was money and I think he was hitting over 60% from the field. 

Word has it he will be back sometime this season but it will be interesting to see how much Muss uses him. 

Hall might play tomorrow. We will see.

As far as A game... Brown and Williams carry the team. When those two get hot the team is hot, but the same could be said for Marshall and Oliver or Hutch and Duncan.

I have yet to see UNM bring thier A game a full 40 min.  1st half they always wreck. Second half they become a wreck. I think it has more to do with endurance and game management.I honestly don't think they are capable of doing it.  I say this only because of how sloppy they look in all the second halfs I have seen them play.  

Nevada's A game is better than anyone else's even without Hall and (god forbid) Foster. We lack depth, but as far as A game goes we have all that there is needed in this league. Marshall, Oliver, with Caroline and Fenner doing Caroline and Fenner things; that beats you in this conference. If we don't play A game we can lose, if we do nobody has the firepower to match that top end ability.

But games are almost never played between teams at their best.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Nevada's A game is better than anyone else's even without Hall and (god forbid) Foster. We lack depth, but as far as A game goes we have all that there is needed in this league. Marshall, Oliver, with Caroline and Fenner doing Caroline and Fenner things; that beats you in this conference. If we don't play A game we can lose, if we do nobody has the firepower to match that top end ability.

But games are almost never played between teams at their best.

Nevada's A-game includes multiple running banked in three pointers....  UNM's A-game destroyed Nevada, it took a Noodle soup of incredible Nevada shooting, bonehead UNM clock and player management, and blindfolded free throw shooting to eke out a win.  

1 hour ago, mikexom said:

Nevada's A-game includes multiple running banked in three pointers....  UNM's A-game destroyed Nevada, it took a Noodle soup of incredible Nevada shooting, bonehead UNM clock and player management, and blindfolded free throw shooting to eke out a win.  

That was far from Nevada's A game. Watching both teams, I would side with Nevada. Musselman did say though, fo 30 minutes, the Lobos were the best team he's seen this year. I like the Pack's chances in Lawlor. Muss will have his team ready. No more banked threes necessary.

A lot of us Lobo fans are down on the team this year. Including myself unfortunately.  But I will say this....

When UNM is clicking on all cylinders, they are a top tier NCAA team. 

I think not having a real and vocal leaout there is what's hurting us. I also blame Neal for being to lax thinking his team's going to save the world....

Nevada 1st half is a prime example. 

2 hours ago, mikexom said:

New Mexico's A game can't even bank in a free throw. Not sure why you're still speaking. Learn how to take a loss, boy.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

9 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Very disappointing to neal haters when the Lobos win.

This is silly.  One could say "very disappointing to Neal backers when Lobos lose".  Lobos fans want the Lobos to win whether they like Neal or not IMO.  What is disappointing is that you made this post.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

1 hour ago, 1_FoKuZ said:

A lot of us Lobo fans are down on the team this year. Including myself unfortunately.  But I will say this....

When UNM is clicking on all cylinders, they are a top tier NCAA team. 

I think not having a real and vocal leaout there is what's hurting us. I also blame Neal for being to lax thinking his team's going to save the world....

Nevada 1st half is a prime example. 

This is why I want Neal fired. 

He's clearly recruited plenty of talent. He just can't get them to perform consistently at a high level. 

I want to see us win 5 in a row before I believe in this team and Neal.