Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BleedRebelRed

Once again... confusion that "Nevada" means UNLV

Last month I had to explain multiple times that the Rebels had not fired their football coach (and worse yet, I had to explain that it was the coach that beat the Rebels to close the season that had been fired).

This week another recruit used the phrase "University of Nevada" when he committed, and to a lot of people outside of Reno and MWCBoard that means UNLV...

AustinArnold_zpskbq0advy.png

AustinArnold2_zpsnh5rrpix.png

1 minute ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Last month I had to explain multiple times that the Rebels had not fired their football coach (and worse yet, I had to explain that it was the coach that beat the Rebels to close the season that had been fired).

This week another recruit used the phrase "University of Nevada" when he committed, and to a lot of people outside of Reno and MWCBoard that means UNLV...

Thanks for doing our work for us 

9 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

This whole back and forth is like watching two girls with serious inferiority complexes accusing each other of having an inferiority complex. Perfect feedback loop...

Are you trying to stir up the "rivalry between the rivalries"?

CSUWYOTRASHTALK_zpsqopkezp8.png

1 hour ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Okay, now I'm confused. Where's this kid actually going?

https://twitter.com/austinarnold23/status/820721468254191616/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

3 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

On his Twitter page Auston says he's committed to Nevada.  Has the right colors & sports wolf & everything.  So who's confused?

Duh, my bad. OP is calling out "247 Sports"; whatever the hell that is.

People knew that UNLV had a football coach to begin with???

Seems like a fair trade off.  UNLV gets the fame & Nevada gets the wins so everybody is happy.

48 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Duh, my bad. OP is calling out "247 Sports"; whatever the hell that is.

247Sports is part of CBS Sports, similar to how Rivals is part of Yahoo.  247Sports and Scout are right below ESPN and Rivals as far as recruiting

1 minute ago, BleedRebelRed said:

247Sports is part of CBS Sports, similar to how Rivals is part of Yahoo.  247Sports and Scout are right below ESPN and Rivals as far as recruiting

Were they the same morons who had UNLV  67th in the preseason basketball rankings but left Nevada out of the top 125?

9 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Were they the same morons who had UNLV  67th in the preseason basketball rankings but left Nevada out of the top 125?

No, different morons.  247Sports/CBSSports had "Nevada" at 63 and UNLV at 177.

I didn't hear of any preseason polls with UNLV even sniffing the top 100.

Are you trying to stir up the "rivalry between the rivalries"?

CSUWYOTRASHTALK_zpsqopkezp8.png

When UNLV-UNR has hit the century mark, get back to me. When UNLV can put more home fans in SBS than visitors from Wyoming, get back to me.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes