Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nice article on UNM Football

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/new-mexico-football-using-unique-offense-in-recent-rise-011517

Fox Sports did a nice little article on the Lobos. The stench Locksley left is quickly fading away.

Ok which one of you Lobos got Collin laid at the New Mexico Bowl? ? That is a very positive and upbeat perspective on a program on the rise....SEC Mountain should be tough next fall, AFA has a QB, Boise is Boise, UW and UNM are looking to take the next step, CSU gets Hill back, if USU bounces back next year we  could have 6 quality teams....the down side is we will beat up on each other and running the table for that G5 spot will be very difficult. 

1 minute ago, badfish said:

UNM is trending towards a MWC Championship game here soon. Maybe '17?

Roadies to Boise and SDSU make that a touch unlikely this year. like the Merciless One mentioned, we're all going to beat each other up. Survivor advances. That said, Coach has laid a solid foundation and the overall talent level continues to rise.

3 minutes ago, jdw said:

Roadies to Boise and SDSU make that a touch unlikely this year. like the Merciless One mentioned, we're all going to beat each other up. Survivor advances. That said, Coach has laid a solid foundation and the overall talent level continues to rise.

Pokes will be out for blood in Laramie.....considering what you did to us this fall. 

7 minutes ago, jdw said:

Not like SDSU and BSU are unbeatable, especailly at home. Aztecs rebuilding year in '17 and Boise struggles vs the option. Just can't lose random games to lower teams and I think it can happen.

1 minute ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

Pokes will be out for blood in Laramie.....considering what you did to us this fall. 

That should be a very good game. Cowboys will obviously play better than they did in the Q, but UNM's talent level continues to rise, especially on defense this year. 

Going to be fun, made the roadie last time and probably will again as long as the game is early in the schedule. The War, without blizzard, is a great venue.

Schedule will be rough next year.

@Tulsa, @Texas A&M, @SDSU, @Boise, @Wyoming.

But there's definitely the real chance for a huge season if we can win some of these games.

There's a real possibility that we might field a better team next year, but have a poorer record. 

4 hours ago, PTR said:

Schedule will be rough next year.

@Tulsa, @Texas A&M, @SDSU, @Boise, @Wyoming.

But there's definitely the real chance for a huge season if we can win some of these games.

There's a real possibility that we might field a better team next year, but have a poorer record. 

Going 3-2 for those 5 games would be a momentual acheviement, but lobos fans are stupid and will decide we suck and stop showing up. 

21 minutes ago, Newmexpoke said:

Going 3-2 for those 5 games would be a momentual acheviement, but lobos fans are stupid and will decide we suck and stop showing up. 

As always the key to getting fan buy in is to start fast. We need to stomp Abeline and NMSU and beat Tulsa to start 3-0. We do that and the crowds will be decent.

5 hours ago, badfish said:

Not like SDSU and BSU are unbeatable, especailly at home. Aztecs rebuilding year in '17 and Boise struggles vs the option. Just can't lose random games to lower teams and I think it can happen.

WooHoo Road trip to Laramie, my favorite MW conference road trip to go on. Wyo fans/hospitality are the bestest! :P

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

mikexom! Welcome to the MW board! Good to see you posting here, as well as on TRM! We need more Lobo fans here to counter the tons of Idaho fans here! :P:rock:

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

I'm thinking about A&M. I've always appreciated their gameday atmosphere, it would be nice to see it in person. I don't have any illusions about the outcome, but I expect the Lobos to at least show up.

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

mikexom! Welcome to the MW board! Good to see you posting here, as well as on TRM! We need more Lobo fans here to counter the tons of Idaho fans here! :P:rock:

You got a problem with Idaho fans?  We talkin' Best Buy?

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

You got a problem with Idaho fans?  We talkin' Best Buy?

Point being, there's like 2 idaho fans here that i see regulary. Just a joke dude, chill... and whatcha buying me at best buy?

Just now, LoboMan59 said:

Point being, there's like 2 idaho fans here that i see regulary. Just a joke dude, chill... and whatcha buying me at best buy?

Give me a week.

Glad to be here, waiting anxiously for Lobo football program to really step up next here.  Hopefully ABQ will step up and show up to the games, next year we need to be at 30K+ average attendance.  

16 hours ago, jdw said:

I'm thinking about A&M. I've always appreciated their gameday atmosphere, it would be nice to see it in person. I don't have any illusions about the outcome, but I expect the Lobos to at least show up.

Go. Back at osu I went down there twice while they were still in the big 12. Fun fun place to watch a game. Their fans will be respectful and knowledgeable.