Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Norvell the ACE

Well if it makes you feel any better, Pat Hill wanted his brother Josh BADLY...in fact had him committed and Nevada came in late and flipped him. His brother was kind of scrawny for a LB, but Pat Hill projected he'd be a big time player. This kid is already a grown man...really pumped about him.

Cringed when I saw the last name. This guy http://247sports.com/Player/Dallas-Mauga-44135 was one of the biggest disappointments in the history of SDSU recruiting. Never could qualify for admission then somehow ended up at Sac State and after a year or so there just disappeared.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Top 100 in his position, offers from ACC and Big 10.  Seems like a good pick up.

Yea, that's a pretty decent get so I don't see the reason for mocking him. 

7 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Nevada picks up commitment from 3* Chris Green had offers from Arizona Connecticut an Hawaii

didnt you guys just hire his old HS coach?

13 hours ago, fbpack said:

Yes he is our outside Wr coach , he is also getting us in the door in SoCal, the new staff seems to be targeting that area 

Inner city LA is a whole different ball game. We tried there for a few years but struggled with getting guys qualified. 

2 hours ago, badfish said:

Inner city LA is a whole different ball game. We tried there for a few years but struggled with getting guys qualified. 

Not sure how it is now, but when I was in HS, there were lots of really good players just flushing their lives down the toilet with gang stuff. I remember we played Morningside HS in Inglewood one year, and we saw it as a brutal game on the schedule. They had some future NFL talent on that team. I'm talking 3 to 5. By the time we played them, a large part of the roster was kicked off the team for gang activity and other things. We ended up just curb stomping them like 66-7, something like that. Even I had 3 sacks. If I could get to the QB as a DE, then you really sucked. :) 

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, badfish said:

No surprise. LAUSD inner city high schools are generally abysmal academically. For example, remember how hard it was for Brandon Heath to qualify?

Boom goes the dynamite.