Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Norvell the ACE

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Profiles for these kids?

Arnold is from powerhouse Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas:

"Arnold was a first-team All-Southwest League pick as an athlete as a senior and finished as Gorman’s fourth-leading receiver with 18 catches for 299 yards and eight touchdowns. Arnold also had six tackles, an interception and a sack on defense.

UNR was the lone known scholarship offer for the 5-11, 190-pound Arnold."

http://nevadapreps.com/recruiting/recruiting-two-local-football-players-commit-mountain-west

crumbie is plenty good but he feels like the kind of kid who has trouble saying no to any coach.  he'll probably flip to oregon state on his visit there and then get poached at the last minute by a bigger school.

On 1/16/2017 at 1:18 PM, roughrider said:

ACE recruiting isn't signing someone with only your offer.   Getting them to sign with you over P5 schools is more or less the measure these days.

Kaepernick's lone offer was from Nevada. You can't necessarily tell by the offers a kid does or doesn't have. I think we all know that by now. 

On 1/17/2017 at 8:48 PM, Slapdad said:

Kaepernick's lone offer was from Nevada. You can't necessarily tell by the offers a kid does or doesn't have. I think we all know that by now. 

Rashard Higgins' only offer was CSU.  He was a Biletnikoff finalist.  You're absolutely right.

If a kid has a dozen P5 offers, he's probably a good get.  If he doesn't have any, it doesn't make him crap.  It just means that the coach who offered sees someone who can contribute, even if others didn't.

Sonny Lubick built a powerhouse with those kids in the '90's.  Craig Bohl seems to be doing just fine with them right now. 

I'll wait and see what he does at D1.

On 1/17/2017 at 7:48 PM, Slapdad said:

It didn't help his HS football coach was telling recruiters he was going to play pro baseball. That's the main reason Fresno State backed off. Although, they wouldn't have offered him as a QB, more likely a TE.

In retrospect, Nevada was the best place for CK...a coach that knew exactly what kind of offense he needed to be successful. Sort of like Harbaugh...whoooooops.....

28 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

It didn't help his HS football coach was telling recruiters he was going to play pro baseball. That's the main reason Fresno State backed off. Although, they wouldn't have offered him as a QB, more likely a TE.

In retrospect, Nevada was the best place for CK...a coach that knew exactly what kind of offense he needed to be successful. Sort of like Harbaugh...whoooooops.....

At that point, the pistol didn't involve much, if any read option and Kaepernick didn't run much in high school anyway. It was equal parts luck and taking a chance I think. 

This is very early (class of 18), but Penei Sewell (brother of Gabe and Nephi), announced over twitter that he will follow Nephi to Nevada. He's a top 100 recruit nationally, and would be the best recruit to ever commit to Nevada out of HS. Obviously there is plenty of time for him to change his mind, but it would be awesome if he followed both of his brothers here!

http://247sports.com/Player/Penei-Sewell-89959