Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Norvell the ACE

12 hours ago, badfish said:

That was when Polian literally offered every guy we did a week after we did and did his most recruiting on our committed players before signing day. Flipped Seau and one other guy. I'd say things worked out well for us, and we take who we want from your commit list now.

Polian used more negative recruiting tactics than any coach Harsin has recruited against.  We had players that chose use over Nevada who have said Polian spent more tame talking about what a terrible choice Boise would be then trying to sell them on Nevada.

What a clown.

14 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Yeah, no one has ever learned to shorten their throwing motion. He's doomed. LOL.

didn't say that.  His problem is more spotty accuracy than arm strength and throwing motion.  he's getting away with a lot on those highlights. 

On 2/4/2017 at 8:55 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Jealously can be a biitch.

If you guys had gotten Cureton to sign on to play something besides QB then I'd be envious. However, no such strings were attached and I'd say the odds are about the same of him readily agreeing down the road to move elsewhere as him being a whiny bitch about it and harming team chemistry.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

If you guys had gotten Cureton to sign on to play something besides QB then I'd be envious. However, no such strings were attached and I'd say the odds are about the same of him readily agreeing down the road to move elsewhere as him being a whiny bitch about it and harming team chemistry.

All I'm saying is that the kid has a ton of talent, and it's way premature to be counting him out as a QB with the time he going to have with FBS coaching. They can redshirt him or let him come in and compete with Cornwell and Gangi. He'll then become a backup QB, but Norvell will get him into some offensive plays at a skilled spot and he'll be glad to do that rather than ride the bench. 

From what I've read about Cornwell per the Alabama coaches and sports writers, he was still considered to be legit even though he's been a backup through his first 2 years. What I'm saying is that they don't view him as a bust or disappointment out of HS. There's just been another guy ahead that's a tad better. We will take a guy like that all day long. Barring injury, I wouldn't be surprised if he's our starter the next two years. 

If Cureton improves to be a starter in 3 years, fine. But finding out you're not cut out to be a successful FBS QB is often a slow and gradual process (with Tebow in the NFL, really slow) and he could learn to appreciate another position without too much heartbreak.  It's not like transferring to another decent FBS team would make him a better QB. He strikes me as a kid that wants to play in the NFL, and his best path to that will appear in due time. 

kat.jpg

22 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

We recruited a really good athlete by the name of Legadu Nanee on the promise he would be a QB here.  He had WR offers from all across the country and would never have come to Boise otherwise.  Long story short, he could not hack it at QB, was moved to WR had a great career and played 6 years in the NFL.

Just because he was recruited as QB does not mean that is what he will end up playing.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We recruited a really good athlete by the name of Legadu Nanee on the promise he would be a QB here.  He had WR offers from all across the country and would never have come to Boise otherwise.  Long story short, he could not hack it at QB, was moved to WR had a great career and played 6 years in the NFL.

Just because he was recruited as QB does not mean that is what he will end up playing.

Duh, we do the same thing.  Nick Bawden probably has the strongest arm on our team and he's playing FB.  Certain kids want assurances that they'll be playing QB though.  That our staff won't do.

3 hours ago, roughrider said:

Back in the day, TCU lived off big stature HS QB's.  Panterson would sign 10 of them it seemed like and turn 2/3's of them into defensive monsters or TE's.

RBs is what they lived off of.  At one point during their run in the MWC something like nine or 10 of their 11 defensive starters were high school RBs.  Speed kills.

17 hours ago, k5james said:

Duh, we do the same thing.  Nick Bawden probably has the strongest arm on our team and he's playing FB.  Certain kids want assurances that they'll be playing QB though.  That our staff won't do.

We gave Legadu those assurances.  Then after it became apparent he would not ever win a starting job, approached him at WR.  If this kid does not become a starter, I bet he just changes positions.   Sounds like he has next level type talent, doubt he would prefer to transfer to a lower division and sit year.

13 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

WTF are you talking about? 

When 3* commits flipped from UNR, you claimed the staff let them go. That's highly unlikely in the MWC..

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Who?

I really don't care to find the post, but we were talking about the 2 OL that flipped to SDSU and another guy who flipped to a MWC school.

On 2/8/2017 at 9:13 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We gave Legadu those assurances.  Then after it became apparent he would not ever win a starting job, approached him at WR.  If this kid does not become a starter, I bet he just changes positions. Sounds like he has next level type talent, doubt he would prefer to transfer to a lower division and OR sit year.

Fixed for accuracy.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, badfish said:

Looks to be a great pickup. He said he is cancelling the rest of his visits and very committed. 

We're also in the lead for RB Toa Taua, who's the younger brother of our former RB Vai Taua(who's currently on our coaching staff). He has offers from Cal, Arizona State, Colorado, Washington State, Iowa State, SDSU, and more.

http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2017/06/06/wolf-pack-lands-commitment-three-star-quarterback/102567354/

4-star Penei Sewell, who has offers from nearly everyone in the country says that Nevada and Alabama are his two leaders. Both of his brothers currently play for Nevada, it would truly be incredible to land him.

http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2017/06/15/penei-sewells-pull-nevada-no-tie-stronger-than-family/102881122/