Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

The Divide

14 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

No hang up, I despise educated people who believe they are better than those who have less schooling.   Most honestly believe they hold some type of high ground.    Many fear being challenged. They may hold high degrees because they are basically insecure people, much like many in leadership roles.  I refuse to put them on a pedestal.

Do you think this is an intellectual argument or an emotional one?

15 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

No hang up, I despise educated people who believe they are better than those who have less schooling.   Most honestly believe they hold some type of high ground.    Many fear being challenged. They may hold high degrees because they are basically insecure people, much like many in leadership roles.  I refuse to put them on a pedestal.

Sounds to me like a convenient way to dismiss the views of any educated person that disagrees with you. No wonder you think there are so many "elites."

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

16 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

I do not like elitists like Ryan, McConnell, the Bushs, overeducated pseudo-intellectuals as well,  etc.   You guys want to make this about ideology, it is not .  

Yes, it is. You sound just like Mao when he purged the intellectuals from the country. 

For that matter... your problem with education is that they feel better than people who aren't educated and that feeling isn't warranted? Jack, you've posted enough to show that you feel better than lots of other people for reasons like "you went camping this weekend" and "you aren't liberal". How are you any different?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

52 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yes, it is. You sound just like Mao when he purged the intellectuals from the country. 

For that matter... your problem with education is that they feel better than people who aren't educated and that feeling isn't warranted? Jack, you've posted enough to show that you feel better than lots of other people for reasons like "you went camping this weekend" and "you aren't liberal". How are you any different?

He's not. He's exactly the same as those he rants about, and perhaps worse. That's the great irony of Jack. 

20 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Streep vs Nugent, both wealthy.   Streep looks down her nose at you and believes you to be stupid and inferior, Nugent just wants to have fun and be left alone...he gets it.   As I basically said, elitism has nothing to with party affiliation.

Lol.

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

Elitists are people who want to think about things, discuss them, analyze them, etc. 

Non-elitists are people who simply "git r dun." 

Duhz. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

3 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Elitists are people who want to think about things, discuss them, analyze them, etc. 

Duhz. 

If you are constantly running into people who treat you as stupid or inferior maybe it is time for some introspective analysis.  Just a thought.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If you are constantly running into people who treat you as stupid or inferior maybe it is time for some introspective analysis.  Just a thought.

Maybe.  

I think the "elitists" should certainly show more respect to the educationally-challenged, to quit ignoring, disparaging, or mocking them, and to further respect their views, opinions, and situation. 

On the other hand, the "non-elitists" should stop so often being intellectually lazy, gullible, analytically-void, dogmatic, intimidated, etc., and open their minds and ears up to discussion and, like you say, introspective analysis. 

23 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Maybe.  

I think the "elitists" should certainly show more respect to the educationally-challenged, to quit ignoring, disparaging, or mocking them, and to further respect their views, opinions, and situation. 

On the other hand, the "non-elitists" should stop so often being intellectually lazy, gullible, analytically-void, dogmatic, intimidated, etc., and open their minds and ears up to discussion and, like you say, introspective analysis. 

You are a good man Jwherb.  

34 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Maybe.  

I wonder if at some point the elitists (specifically the democratic party), will figure out that their obvious disdain and disrespect to the majority of americans who vote. Which are white voters, many of them not educated beyond high school.

Is the reason they lose these elections, especially this last election.  When instead of making impassioned arguments and respecting others by if nothing else discussing issues, you disrespect them, call them names and use a national media to make fun of them.  You aren't going to get their votes, in fact you are going to anger them as they have done.  No one likes an ass no matter how smart they think they are or actually are.

It is quite funny actually if you look at the democratic election strategy.

1) they alienate voters by calling the majority of americans stupid, racist and bitter.  They do this on news shows, in their campaigns, on saturday night live, Ellen, and almost every media platform in existence.

2) they pander in their words to immigrants and minorities but their actions are non-existent.   They are expecting these big turnouts from these groups to carry them even though for decade after decade they have done nothing to help these groups.

Then they wonder why they lose an election.  It boggles the mind that they think they deserved to win.

8 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I wonder if at some point the elitists (specifically the democratic party), will figure out that their obvious disdain and disrespect to the majority of americans who vote. Which are white voters, many of them not educated beyond high school.

Is the reason they lose these elections, especially this last election.  When instead of making impassioned arguments and respecting others by if nothing else discussing issues, you disrespect them, call them names and use a national media to make fun of them.  You aren't going to get their votes, in fact you are going to anger them as they have done.  No one likes an ass no matter how smart they think they are or actually are.

It is quite funny actually if you look at the democratic election strategy.

1) they alienate voters by calling the majority of americans stupid, racist and bitter.  They do this on news shows, in their campaigns, on saturday night live, Ellen, and almost every media platform in existence.

2) they pander in their words to immigrants and minorities but their actions are non-existent.   They are expecting these big turnouts from these groups to carry them even though for decade after decade they have done nothing to help these groups.

Then they wonder why they lose an election.  It boggles the mind that they think they deserved to win.

You've posted some ironic gems the past couple days, blues. Keep up the good work!

4 hours ago, Jwherb said:

Duhz. 

Elitists are people that are out of touch with reality.  No matter how smart they think they are their thinking is flawed because they are deficient in some very obvious ways.

For instance the elitists in the democratic party and even many in the republican party thought disparaging the majority group in this country was a winning election strategy.

3 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

You've posted some ironic gems the past couple days, blues. Keep up the good work!

I don't care if you like me moron, so it isn't ironic.   The fact you think so, just shows how stupid you are.    I am not running for president of the MWC board.  I don't need or want your approval because you are an obvious retard.

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Elitists are people that are out of tough with reality.  No matter how smart they think they are their thinking is flawed because they are deficient in some very obvious ways.

Two in a row! You're on fire, blues. And I don't think you've come close to plumbing the depths of your unintentional irony.

6 hours ago, happycamper said:

Shallow. I have not spoken against education, I speak against how an education is used by elitists.  Education should serve all, not to control people as many want.  To say that an education = happiness is just plain dumb. 

13 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I like how "the elite" encompasses more than half the country. Yeah, people who don't like trump are a minority just trying to control the majority. Whatever. The marches and protests this weekend are indicative of a MAJORITY of our citizens believing the incoming president to be incompetent, ignorant, unfit, compromised, and sociopathic. Surely, not all those people are "elite," right? 

No............many are useful idiots

2 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Shallow. I have not spoken against education, I speak against how an education is used by elitists.  Education should serve all, not to control people as many want.  To say that an education = happiness is just plain dumb. 

If an educated person tries to explain something to someone less educated, does that make them "elitist"?

5 minutes ago, renoskier said:

If an educated person tries to explain something to someone less educated, does that make them "elitist"?

It makes them stupid, if they don't actually explain anything but just use derogatory language.

Morons like you don't ever explain anything because you can't actually discuss this issues.  look at posturwitchdoc  above, he does nothing but insult me because that is the limit of his "elitism".  He can't discuss issues and neither will you moron.  You just keep hinting at how stupid jackrabbit is because he has to be if he disagrees with you.