Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

The Divide

Trump's inauguration is causing the elitist opposition to lose their minds...and yes I believe that that group also contains currently quiet dishonest people who call themselves conservative. I am not giving Trump a pass here...he is part of it.   If the planned partisan  protests are as large as predicted, the divisiveness in our country will be unprecedented.

http://townhall.com/columnists/gregorykoukl/2006/12/14/the_intolerance_of_tolerance

Those who call themselves tolerant regularly and intentionally offend those with different views making hypocrisy epidemic.  It is mainstream, being taught in our schools and embodied in media.

You can't get news anymore, someone is always pushing an agenda.   Even Trumps tweets are fake news.   It's really sad actually.   I read CNN, BBC, and Fox to see their opinion on things.  The differences in how stories are reported is shocking.  

Posted Image

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

Trump's inauguration is causing the elitist opposition

Yeah, stopped reading right there.

If you can look at who is supporting Trump, and will be a part of his cabinet, and not think those people are elitists, you have a VERY large disconnect from reality.

What makes somebody an elitist today?  It seems it is a word that gets thrown around by the right like the term fascism is by the left.  Is it just an accumulation of wealth?  Does it take wealth plus notoriety?  Does a wealthy person need to have a certain attitude?  A certain political leaning?  Level of education?  Skin color? 

What makes Meryl Streep an elitist but Ted Nugent a feedom loving man of the people? 

3 hours ago, son of a gun said:

Yeah, stopped reading right there.

If you can look at who is supporting Trump, and will be a part of his cabinet, and not think those people are elitists, you have a VERY large disconnect from reality.

Do you resent all  the wealthy...or just the republican wealthy?  Let me be clear, elitism has nothing to do with wealth or party affiliation....you didn't read that part.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What makes somebody an elitist today?  It seems it is a word that gets thrown around by the right like the term fascism is by the left.  Is it just an accumulation of wealth?  Does it take wealth plus notoriety?  Does a wealthy person need to have a certain attitude?  A certain political leaning?  Level of education?  Skin color? 

What makes Meryl Streep an elitist but Ted Nugent a freedom loving man of the people? 

Streep vs Nugent, both wealthy.   Streep looks down her nose at you and believes you to be stupid and inferior, Nugent just wants to have fun and be left alone...he gets it.   As I basically said, elitism has nothing to with party affiliation.

Streep vs Nugent, both wealthy.   Streep looks down her nose at you and believes you to be stupid and inferior, Nugent just wants to have fun and be left alone...he gets it.   As I basically said, elitism has nothing to with party affiliation.

Lol

Isn't Nuggent the big second amendment guy who loves guns, wants to kill Obama and HRC, while hating African Americans?   I don't think he is smart enough to be considered an elitist 

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/03/31/nras-ted-nugent-posts-racist-2-niggers-and-a-st/209660

Posted Image

I'm not going to lie Jack, you saying "elitist" just sounds to me like a communist saying "reactionary":. If you don'tlike them they are elitist, and the term becomes meaningless.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

28 minutes ago, renoskier said:

The World According to Jackrabbit, it's really very simple (kinda like jackrabbit):

Republicans=Conservatives=Good!

Democrats=Liberals=Elitist=Bad!

39 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I'm not going to lie Jack, you saying "elitist" just sounds to me like a communist saying "reactionary":. If you don'tlike them they are elitist, and the term becomes meaningless.

I do not like elitists like Ryan, McConnell, the Bushs, overeducated pseudo-intellectuals as well,  etc.   You guys want to make this about ideology, it is not .  

24 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

I do not like elitists like Ryan, McConnell, the Bushs, overeducated pseudo-intellectuals as well,  etc.   You guys want to make this about ideology, it is not .  

What's the difference between an overeducated pseudo-intellectual and just a plain intellectual?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

23 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Why do you not like educated people?  Seems like a weird hang up.  

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Why do you not like educated people?  Seems like a weird hang up.  

No hang up, I despise educated people who believe they are better than those who have less schooling.   Most honestly believe they hold some type of high ground.    Many fear being challenged. They may hold high degrees because they are basically insecure people, much like many in leadership roles.  I refuse to put them on a pedestal.

16 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

No hang up, I despise educated people who believe they are better than those who have less schooling.   Most honestly believe they hold some type of high ground.    Many fear being challenged. They may hold high degrees because they are basically insecure people, much like many in leadership roles.

Hmmm.  In my experience some of the smartest, most educated people I know do not have degrees.  My Grandfather was a perfect example.  He did not finish highschool, decided to fight in the WWII instead.  Never went to college.  But he taught himself the calculus needed to do his job, and until he died always had a book in his hand.  I remember as kid always being in awe when he knew the answer to seemingly every Jeopardy question.  He was more educated than my other grandfather who taught at the University for level for 29 years and was chairman of his department for 19.  My other grandfather would always admit it as well.

I do not really respect people who refuse to increase their knowledge.  For example a certain few posters here have admitted to never reading links or long posts.  I can't imagine them reading papers or books.  

"They may hod high degrees because they are basically insecure people"

What does that even mean?  Do you actually believe there is a correlation there?:blink:

Some intellectuals are not as smart as they think they are....or they misplace emotion for intellect. 

How do you discern those who are guilty of either or both from those who are exactly as smart as they think they are?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

15 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Trump's inauguration is causing the elitist opposition to lose their minds...and yes I believe that that group also contains currently quiet dishonest people who call themselves conservative. I am not giving Trump a pass here...he is part of it.   If the planned partisan  protests are as large as predicted, the divisiveness in our country will be unprecedented.

http://townhall.com/columnists/gregorykoukl/2006/12/14/the_intolerance_of_tolerance

Those who call themselves tolerant regularly and intentionally offend those with different views making hypocrisy epidemic.  It is mainstream, being taught in our schools and embodied in media.

If the demonstrations are as big as you fear, then I would argue they will encompass more than the elite. I'll be marching, and I don't care what you call me.

We've had big protest movements before: Civil rights, Viet Nam. I don't suppose these will be anything like that. Maybe I'm just an old hippie, but I think the marches that will happen on the 20th and 21st are just the beginning given the stupid shit to come from the Tweeter-in-Chief. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

I like how "the elite" encompasses more than half the country. Yeah, people who don't like trump are a minority just trying to control the majority. Whatever. The marches and protests this weekend are indicative of a MAJORITY of our citizens believing the incoming president to be incompetent, ignorant, unfit, compromised, and sociopathic. Surely, not all those people are "elite," right?