Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Boise St at Fresno St

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Nor should you judge your team without taking into account that they just got spanked by a team that lost to the worst teams in the MWC.  Just my opinion.

So looking at each teams body of work can you with a strait face say Fresno is more impressive than Boise.  This is not football.  Boise has a far better resume than Fresno, do not be an idiot.

Boise lost their first road game by single digits.  Big whoop.  

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So looking at each teams body of work can you with a strait face say Fresno is more impressive than Boise.  This is not football.  Boise has a far better resume than Fresno, do not be an idiot.

Boise lost their first road game by single digits.  Big whoop.  

There's probably some homer in my opinion, but I think Fresno has a higher ceiling. Boise is a more consistent team with a better resume.  Fresno is a more talented team that can beat better teams, but they can also lose to garbage like SJSU and AFA. Boise beats Fresno in a 10 game series right now and I think they'll finish ahead of Fresno. But, if by some miracle Fresno puts it together...watch out. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

5 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

There's probably some homer in my opinion, but I think Fresno has a higher ceiling. Boise is a more consistent team with a better resume.  Fresno is a more talented team that can beat better teams, but they can also lose to garbage like SJSU and AFA. Boise beats Fresno in a 10 game series right now and I think they'll finish ahead of Fresno. But, if by some miracle Fresno puts it together...watch out. 

That seams fair for right now.

1 minute ago, HereandThere said:

Spanked? You really need to get yours eyes checked.

Fought their way back to a 9 point loss.  Yeah, that's spanked.

The coaches talked about the lack of atmosphere in Fresno for games for days leading up to it this past week.  And the team came out ridiculously flat and the game was over after 10 minutes. 

That was the worst half of basketball they've played in 2 seasons.  Nice regression that I guess thankfully disappeared in the second half.   UNM game will be interesting and hopefully shows yesterday was a one off performance and not a sign of things to come.

13 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Fought their way back to a 9 point loss.  Yeah, that's spanked.

They were shooting 11% from the field at the point of their largest deficit. Had that continued, they would have lost by 70. Not surprisingly, that didn't continue and they lost by 9

i love these threads. i didn't have time to watch any games yesterday, and now i'm all caught up.  let me see if i've got it right according to what i'm reading. boise horrible in the first half, refs took over in the second, boise chips away to 'only' a 9 point loss, after being down by 28 in the first. 

congrats to the dogs.

11 hours ago, SangerBulldog said:

This team deserves better. As far as attendance. 

Even the Idaho statesmen had a article burying our attendance

Actually they don't. 

Attendance rank = 84 (last seasons)

RPI= 155 (Going into last night's game)

You can't be a terrible team for over a decade, put together an average record this year and have losses to the worst teams in your conference. 

Not to mention a home loss to one of the worst teams in the nation (PVAM). I want to see the SMC packed as much as anyone....but they haven't done enough to rebuild the fan base. Period

1 hour ago, roughrider said:

The coaches talked about the lack of atmosphere in Fresno for games for days leading up to it this past week.  And the team came out ridiculously flat and the game was over after 10 minutes. 

That was the worst half of basketball they've played in 2 seasons.  Nice regression that I guess thankfully disappeared in the second half.   UNM game will be interesting and hopefully shows yesterday was a one off performance and not a sign of things to come.

Maybe Boise just isn't that good. 

23 minutes ago, WACkyGuy said:

I've never claimed they were good and starting 0 for 10 from the field is a pretty good indication they aren't.  I think they will be next year though.   I don't think Fresno is that good either, and their results so far have shown just that. 

34 minutes ago, WACkyGuy said:

I love how everyone puts so much stock into the the last game played. Let's just forget everything that's happened the rest of the season. 

It's freaking basketball. No matter how good you may or may not be you are going to lose multiple games a year 

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

i love these threads. i didn't have time to watch any games yesterday, and now i'm all caught up.  let me see if i've got it right according to what i'm reading. boise horrible in the first half, refs took over in the second, boise chips away to 'only' a 9 point loss, after being down by 28 in the first. 

congrats to the dogs.

That's the gist of it. 

I don't feel any different about Boise State after that game. I called this loss in the Fresno/AFA thread. Boise always struggles in Fresno for whatever reason. The year they won the conference they lost by 20 at Fresno. 

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

congrats to the dogs.

It'll be a much different game the next time. Wacker didn't play (not a big loss, but he does start), Jessup got 2 fouls before a minute lapsed, Hutch had 2 two minutes later, Hutch picked up his 3rd with over 11 minutes to go in the first, Jessup picked up his 3rd less than one minute later, Austin picked up his 2nd 30 seconds later. The 1st half was played almost entirely by Boise's bench 

6 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It'll be a much different game the next time. Wacker didn't play (not a big loss, but he does start), Jessup got 2 fouls before a minute lapsed, Hutch had 2 two minutes later, Hutch picked up his 3rd with over 11 minutes to go in the first, Jessup picked up his 3rd less than one minute later, Austin picked up his 2nd 30 seconds later. The 1st half was played almost entirely by Boise's bench 

Just getting Fresno out of Fresno makes it much different.  We could probably start the game 0 for 10 shooting in Boise and still win it going away. 

This year's team has exceeded my expectations already, and like you say yesterday was all too predictable as far as losing goes.  2-1 on the road so far in conference is hardly crap.   

Austin and Hutch are the keys to this team and both are first year starters.  Can't expect them to be consistent just yet.  It's why I think next season could be so good;  those 2 and Jessup with a full season of starting under their belts.

21 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

wow, that foul trouble was the difference. that's brutal, i kind of wish they would have done that here, but they had no need to, the rebs didn't contest anything during that game. credit to fresno for forcing the broncos?